Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
I don't know why people assume Gambit even gets in a Marvel movie. I see no logical reason why they would view him as important for the movies. Hell even Fox waited years and years before he featured in Origins.

So the likely reality is either Disney has some affinity to the Fox movie or you probably not seeing Gambit in an X-men film for a decade or so in which case discussing who you want to play him is kind of pointless. If the Tatum Gambit is dead then the next Gambit actor probably in high school right now or staring in some Disney kids/teen show.

But maybe we get surprised and some 90s X-men fan ends up in a powerful role at Marvel to push Gambit but not holding my breath on that one.
I can't really argue with this statement.
The one thing that may go in Gambit's favour in showing up in the MCU is that they release films much more frequently than Fox and feature a lot more characters that have a meaningful role to play. MCU could release X-Men films with various teams (X-Force, X-Factor or even Blue and Gold etc) That's probably Gambit's best chance.