Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    I dont believe in Xmen Solo films.
    But for Gambit it makes sense. I mean he was always a wildcard.
    Wolverine sorta tha same thing.

But for the most part I like everyone else operating as a team within the team dynamic.
    XMen is better as a team for obvious reasons, but certain solo movies are needed in a sense because that way the general audience will know those characters much much more and would connect with them more than with just team movies, and at the same time, solo movies not only expand the universe but... the audience too, getting more viewers interested in the overall franchise. Its a very smart decision and really benefit the franchise.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Get ready, “X-Men” fans, because your universe is about to gain a few new favorite characters.

At Toronto International Film Festival in support of “The Martian,” which he produced, Simon Kinberg told MTV News that the upcoming “Gambit” and “Deadpool” would have continuity with the post-“Days Of Future Past” X-Men universe, and that he’s planning to “cross-pollinate” characters from the various movies.

“The idea is that we’ve sort of reset the timeline after ’Days of Future Past’ in some ways, and if not erased, certainly allowed for change from ’X1,’ ’2,’ ’3,’ everything from ’Days of Future Past’ forward, 1973, everything we set now becomes canon,” he said. “So the ’Gambit’ movie, the ’Deadpool’ movie, will exist in a world that acknowledges whatever happened in ’Days of Future Past’ and moving forward. Doesn’t mean they’ll always interact with those characters, obviously, it’s not like every movie has all the characters, but they all have to exist within the same rules.”

“There will be interplay between different characters in different movies.”

Now the director drops out

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Now the director drops out
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...y-leaving-film

Says its a scheduling issue... hope thats the real issue and not something else, like the project itself. They did push back production from later this year to early next year.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Escalating Budget Issue? Good I was still confused on how frakking Gambit needed 150 mil. I mean sheesh this should be around Deadpools budget

This is bullshit.... I don't want a piss ant director shooting starts next month.

Hopefully Lea doesn't drop out

Channing Tatum was a red flag. New director is a red flag. Budget issues is a red flag.

Fantastic Four bomb like opening is in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    This is bullshit.... I don't want a piss ant director shooting starts next month.

Hopefully Lea doesn't drop out
    Well apparently shooting is pushed back till 2016.. I'm so disappointed

The film was suppose to start shooting in November but it looks like filming is now moving to March 2016 as they are apparently trying to shoot it around Mardi Gras which I suppose makes sense. So probably not going to have much Gambit news for a while if filming has been pushed back 4 months. I suspect the October 2016 release is likely to move as well if this is true and perhaps if the budget is increasing they are planning for this to come out during the Christmas/New Years time frame or Feb/March 2017.

If Jackman is really leaving then perhaps the increase in budget is because they are trying to invest more into this film to turn it from an Ant-Man style budget to one more comparable to a summer blockbuster so they can position Gambit as the replacement for Wolverine. That was part of the rumor as to why Tatum's deal got held up is because he wanted to be compensated more for replacing Jackman. It probably also may mean more super powered guest appearances to showcase more summer blockbuster special effects.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/rupert-w...en-1201530583/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...e-loses-823992
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Deadpool should have a small cameo

I am not a fan of small cameos. But if Gambit will be a member of future X-Force (joining after solo) then Cable or Deadpool will appear for sure.

Amazing Member

That's most likely the plan now. This one is maybe the biggest hurdle for X-Force. Deadpool and Wolverine on the same screen is already money but if they want that Avengers-level smash, they need to make sure this movie turns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am not a fan of small cameos. But if Gambit will be a member of future X-Force (joining after solo) then Cable or Deadpool will appear for sure.
    Wolverine cameo best cameo ever in FC

Quicksilver so fun in DoFP

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    That's most likely the plan now. This one is maybe the biggest hurdle for X-Force. Deadpool and Wolverine on the same screen is already money but if they want that Avengers-level smash, they need to make sure this movie turns out well.
    I agree. The 3 would be x-force's Cap, Iron Man, and Thor so to speak. And maybe sub Cable for Wolverine since Wolverine may be a no-go.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-14-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I agree. The 3 would be x-force's Cap, Iron Man, and Thor so to speak. And maybe sub Cable for Wolverine since Wolverine may be a no-go.
    But... Haven't we already seen Fox's vision for X-Force? I don't think they will deviant from that too much. At most I think we can expect Deadpool now that his film has already more than doubled its meager budget. Adding Wolverine (a long shot IMO) and Gambit would throw them pretty off the rails. The difference in this and Avenger's is, each of those characters had their own movies by time it came out, with exceptions on Black Widow and Hawkeye who just had cameos and roles in others (wouldn't mind a Jason Bourne style, spy, action comic book movie starring the two). Some of the public remembers Cable from the animated series, but out of the current X-Force roster, he's the only known figure. "Known" might be a stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'm surprised they decided to go with Cable, Cannonball, Feral, Warpath and Domino. I thought they for sure would have went with some more household names. It's a very true team, but Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Gambit and introducing new comers like Domino and maybe return Blink (people seemed pretty intrigued by her in DoFP) would have made more sense to me (in a getting the butts in the seats view of things I mean). But again, I'm surprised they are being traditional.

I think.people are going to love Cannonball because of his high flying but I wonder if they'll change their minds after using Negasonic the way they did and how much of a success the movie has become in just a couple days.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-14-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.