Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

"So, basically, this movie is happening, whether you like it or not."

Why would someone dislike the fact of making this movie? IDK, I;m pretty sure it is going to be awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Unfortunatelly it won't start. Tatum cut his hair and bold again.
    Where are you getting this information?
    His most recent photos I have seen he still has long hair or he is wearing a cap.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Where are you getting this information?
    His most recent photos I have seen he still has long hair or he is wearing a cap.
    This is from yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgWAS8H...=channingtatum
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes. Was really sad to see this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. Was really sad to see this.
    Umm, I think that’s an old picture when he had an interview with ET about MMXXL
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-16-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Umm, I think that’s an old picture when he had an interview with ET about MMXXL
    Oh, ****! I checked it and it is really an old photo. Thanks, Man! I am on Gambit movie hype train again
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-16-2018 at 02:41 PM.

In theory, he could wear some kind of hairpiece for the movie.

That'll just make it worse. Realizing the picture is old just killed my hopes. Anyway, we'll see what happens... if anything ever does. Unfortunately (for me) I think he'll find a way to make it happen.

Okay, I should go...
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    That'll just make it worse. Realizing the picture is old just killed my hopes. Anyway, we'll see what happens... if anything ever does. Unfortunately (for me) I think he'll find a way to make it happen.

Okay, I should go...
    Why is it unfortunate for you?

Quote Originally Posted by thanoswasright View Post
    "So, basically, this movie is happening, whether you like it or not."

Why would someone dislike the fact of making this movie? IDK, I;m pretty sure it is going to be awesome.
    1. People who don’t like Gambit.
    2. People who may or may not like Gambit, but are resentful that he’s getting his own movie rather than another character they favor.
    3. People who hate the XCU so much it’s not good enough that it’s going to end eventually, they want every single movie that’s being made to be cancelled.

Why is it unfortunate for you?
    I'm not a fan of Tatum. I love Gambit, he's my favorite X-Man. I just don't like the idea of Channing portraying him. Don't get me wrong if this happens and he does an amazing job I'll be beyond happy to have him prove me wrong. I just have little to no faith.
    I was someone who at the age of 13 couldn't wait for the X-Men movies to be made. I have the 300 page Wizard from 1995 with Cyclops on the cover that was completely worn from how many times I read about the X-Men movies. Sadly I was let down by almost all of them. Like I said, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I mean no offense which is probably why I should leave this thread.

BANNED

I'm not a fan of Tatum. I love Gambit, he's my favorite X-Man. I just don't like the idea of Channing portraying him. Don't get me wrong if this happens and he does an amazing job I'll be beyond happy to have him prove me wrong. I just have little to no faith.
    I was someone who at the age of 13 couldn't wait for the X-Men movies to be made. I have the 300 page Wizard from 1995 with Cyclops on the cover that was completely worn from how many times I read about the X-Men movies. Sadly I was let down by almost all of them. Like I said, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I mean no offense which is probably why I should leave this thread.
    I see no reason for you to leave this thread.
    Everybody have the right to express their opinion.

I see no reason for you to leave this thread.
    Everybody have the right to express their opinion.
    Well I really appreciate that

I hope we can get a great Gambit movie sooner than later!

Well I really appreciate that

I hope we can get a great Gambit movie sooner than later!
    I am super torn on this. Tatum definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, though some of his interviews and work from other movies has me thinking he COULD be an ok fit. I like that he's passionate about the character and wants to be true to his roots. I think he could probably pull off a lot of the physicality of the character, or at least could have done so at one time. Facially he doesn't look like Gambit to me so much, but it's probably workable. That build is a weird combo to pull off - tall and lanky but the strength and agility of a gymnast or martial artist. I'm not sure Tatum quite has it. And it will require some impressive acting chops, especially for the accent.

If Fox does it, I think we'd see less of the super hero type movie typical of the MCU and a much darker, grittier heist type movie which I kind of love. But probably no Rogue cameo, which I think would give the movie a huge boost since she's an immensely popular character strongly associated with him romantically moreso than Bella Donna.

At this point, a younger actor and waiting for the MCU X-Men is probably more logical, but I'm also happy to be proven wrong.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I'm indifferent on Tatum, and I love Gambit, but I do agree that Tatum just doesn't seem like a gambit to me.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"