Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

I'm not a fan of Tatum as Gambit either for a number of reasons, but as a Gambit fan, I would support any film the character would appear in...as long as it's done well. I was giving Tatum & Kinberg the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this film just can't seem to get off the ground. If it does, great, I'll support it, but the countdown to the Disney takeover has started and we don't have a director or cast yet. It doesn't look good for this film...and I'm OK with Marvel starting fresh with a new cast, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Facially he doesn't look like Gambit to me so much, but it's probably workable. That build is a weird combo to pull off - tall and lanky but the strength and agility of a gymnast or martial artist. I'm not sure Tatum quite has it. And it will require some impressive acting chops, especially for the accent.
    It’s always hard to find an actor that facially looks like a superhero, most don’t. Tatum has the right built 6’1” 180 pounds.
    Tatum has trained in martial arts and he grew up in Mississippi near NOLA around Cajun folks. So I think he’s the right actor to play Gambit.
    Only thing I’m worry about is he is 38 years old, that too old, but Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds are too old for StarLord and Deadpool respectably.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It’s always hard to find an actor that facially looks like a superhero, most don’t. Tatum has the right built 6’1” 180 pounds.
    Tatum has trained in martial arts and he grew up in Mississippi near NOLA around Cajun folks. So I think he’s the right actor to play Gambit.
    Only thing I’m worry about is he is 38 years old, that too old, but Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds are too old for StarLord and Deadpool respectably.
    Oh I'll definitely support it if it happens and I'm ready to keep an open mind for sure. He did a little of the accent in an interview and that turned me around a bit to thinking it could maybe work out. Age might be a factor for sure, but the guy seems to be keeping in shape so . . . Maybe?

I still wish we could get just a smidgen of Rogue on the screen somehow. Their character dynamic is SO fun together and I always like a side of romance with my action and science fiction. But not holding my breath. Bella Donna is just kind of meh for me and she is less recognizable outside comics.

BANNED

Oh I'll definitely support it if it happens and I'm ready to keep an open mind for sure. He did a little of the accent in an interview and that turned me around a bit to thinking it could maybe work out. Age might be a factor for sure, but the guy seems to be keeping in shape so . . . Maybe?

I still wish we could get just a smidgen of Rogue on the screen somehow. Their character dynamic is SO fun together and I always like a side of romance with my action and science fiction. But not holding my breath. Bella Donna is just kind of meh for me and she is less recognizable outside comics.
    The original plan was not to include Rogue, but hopefully that has change with the rewrites.

Astonishing Member

Well, the last round of speculation was 'kinda maybe' on that point. The first actress cast (like three directors ago,lol) was tall, blond and French and the 'inside sources' were saying she was Belladonna. But the actress cast from the last director was shorter, American and brunette, and the 'inside sources' were saying her character wasn't revealed yet. So, it still heavy, heavy speculation and there's still a very good chance that the movie's been shelved, but that's where we are...

So when actors take on a superhero role, I wonder how well read they typically are on the comics?

I guess if I was acting a part, that would be a huge focus of my character research anyway plus the other TV and film appearances. And then do you focus on a certain era of comics? Do you keep up to date on the current presentation of a character? Tatum seems to know Gambit fairly well, at least maybe from his early appearances?

But since they aren't filming, got to think it's on hold.

So when actors take on a superhero role, I wonder how well read they typically are on the comics?

I guess if I was acting a part, that would be a huge focus of my character research anyway plus the other TV and film appearances. And then do you focus on a certain era of comics? Do you keep up to date on the current presentation of a character? Tatum seems to know Gambit fairly well, at least maybe from his early appearances?

But since they aren't filming, got to think it's on hold.
    It guess it would depend on the actor. For sure I've read that some actors went back and read a ton of comics (like Tom Hiddleston for Loki) while others were fans from childhood (like Michelle Pfeiffer for Catwoman). I would hope that, for example, the cast of Dark Phoenix would have read the original tale, but who knows?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 08-17-2018 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

Director Jordan Vogt-Roberts has been teasing that he will director Gambit.

Isn't he working on Metal Gear Solid right now? I'd rather him do that anyways. Gambit should just wait until the new MCU X-Men movies, so he can line up with Rogue and Storm and all his other significant relationships with the X-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

As far as I know he only made one tease back in early May and nothing more.

He had a meeting with FOX for Gambit as also other directors but it seems he wasn't in real talks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He had a meeting with FOX for Gambit as also other directors but it seems he wasn't in real talks.
    I think he’s the guy, Fox probably told his to stop teasing it on Twitter.

I think he’s the guy, Fox probably told his to stop teasing it on Twitter.
    I don't think it will be Vogt-Roberts.

This info was posted a few weeks ago on other forum by a new poster. He may know smth or maybe not. It sounded logical to me so I believed that it could be true.

He told that they have a director with whom Tatum worked earlier. Shooting is planned for October. Release date will be moved to 22 Nov 2019.

Will see if it will be a true info or not later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't think it will be Vogt-Roberts.

This info was posted a few weeks ago on other forum by a new poster. He may know smth or maybe not. It sounded logical to me so I believed that it could be true.

He told that they have a director with whom Tatum worked earlier. Shooting is planned for October. Release date will be moved to 22 Nov 2019.

Will see if it will be a true info or not later.
    I’ve seen that post on SHH, that poster was banned on that site.
    SHH is a bad forum, don’t believe anything on it.

Although I have to say that ban by SHH was unfair to that poster
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-18-2018 at 02:11 PM.

I’ve seen that post on SHH, that poster was banned on that site.
    SHH is a bad forum, don’t believe anything on it.

Although I have to say that ban by SHH was unfair to that poster
    Yeah, I joined SHH just to fight Gambit haters there. Agree that SHH is a bad forum. Don't know why that guy was banned there.

I just think that if they have someone from directors thrn scenario in my post above is exactly how I see it may happen.