Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

I don't get it why it is so hard to find a director.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Could be a number of things...

1. The movie isn't really happening; they are just trying to keep the franchise alive until Dark Phoenix
    2. The script is bad
    3. They slashed the actual budget and no one is willing to under it as is or for the proposed salary
    4. The movie is still happening but they can't convince a director to sign on due to lack of time; the director is too busy or not enough production time left

You know I'm leaning towards a combination of 1, 2, & 3.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Beware, this is total speculation on my part:
    If this movie is every made, I think with the popularity of the comic Mr. and Mrs X, the Belladonna character will be changed to Rouge.
    Will Anna Paquin reprise her role?
    MMX isnt that popular. I love it but the sales for it are horrible. It wont have any impact on Gambit in outside media. The fact that Rogue herself is a popular comic character and not obscure like Belladona is what will make her more likely to be used and that IMO was always the case pre-MMX

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    MMX isnt that popular. I love it but the sales for it are horrible. It wont have any impact on Gambit in outside media. The fact that Rogue herself is a popular comic character and not obscure like Belladona is what will make her more likely to be used and that IMO was always the case pre-MMX
    Yep, been saying it from the beginning that Rogue would really give a Gambit movie the boost it needs. MMX has its following, but isn't known enough to affect movies sales. XTAS however is better known than most comic books and they were a key component. I do think some of the R&G and MMX escapes would make for a great movie scene though. But if Tatum is giving up, probably time to shelf this thing and wait for a younger recast.

BANNED

T
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

1. The movie isn't really happening; they are just trying to keep the franchise alive until Dark Phoenix
    2. The script is bad
    3. They slashed the actual budget and no one is willing to under it as is or for the proposed salary
    4. The movie is still happening but they can't convince a director to sign on due to lack of time; the director is too busy or not enough production time left

I’m leaning toward number 3 and 4
    Last edited by Raiders; 11-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't get it why it is so hard to find a director.
    I personally think it is because no director really thinks the movie is going to happen and they don't want to waste their time. Until someone form Disney proper says "yes we are doing the Gambit movie" it just exists as a placeholder for Fox in the event something crazy happens and the Disney takeover doesn't happen. No director wants to invest time and energy into a project that more than likely will never see a day of shooting.

BANNED

channing tatum looks like a potato and isn't a good actor. No ones asked him to be in a real movie for a number of years now

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    channing tatum looks like a potato and isn't a good actor. No ones asked him to be in a real movie for a number of years now
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

2. The script is bad

I think it's number 2. Bad script. That's why now I'm leaning towards not wanting this film to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Channing Tatum was in Hateful eight by Quentin tarantino, Logan Lucky by Steven Soderbergh. Saying that Channing Tatum hasn't been a "real movie" for years now is hilarious

Just for fun to prove a point Tatum has been lead in a movie almost every year since 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
    Dear John(2010)
    The Eagle(2011)
    21 Jump Street (2012)
    Magic Mike (2012)
    White House Down (2013)
    22 Jump Street(2014)
    Jupiter Ascending (2015)
    Magic Mike XXL(2015)
    Logan Lucky(2017)

Note I wasn't listing every movie he was in because he is quite of bit of movies. I was just making a point that almost every year since 2009 he has movie out with his name on the poster. Do I think he is best actor in the world? No but please let's not pretend he isn't a working actor. You can not like him but he keeps on getting hired for work in Hollywood which means he is doing something right.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-14-2018 at 02:33 AM.

2. The script is bad

I think it is more of 4. They want it to happen but oe not enough production time for director ot they are busy.

BANNED

Wouldn't this be the first solo movie for an X character that wasn't in something else?

usually it's a spinoff type deal Wolverine, Deadpool, BP, Antman,

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Wouldn't this be the first solo movie for an X character that wasn't in something else?

No, he was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No, he was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Which will be 11 years from it's projected release....is ANYONE going to remember that?

I meant more like "film...prequel: solo" not a decade long gap lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Which will be 11 years from it's projected release....is ANYONE going to remember that?

I meant more like "film...prequel: solo" not a decade long gap lol
    These were your words:

He was in something else. Doesn't matter if it was 10 years ago. You are also including Deadpool, which also took a very long gap, and also in no way can be considered a spin-off.

By the way, Ant-Man made his very first appearance in his solo movie.