Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, the MCU formula was solo firsts, Avengers later as a crossover. While I think it would be great to see a few X-Men solos first, then bring them together for a team effort, it probably is more likely to see some mutants sprinkled in other films before the team effort. Either way, I think Gambit's character will be better served in the MCU. Even if Tatum were to pull this together at the last minute under Fox, it's fairly unlikely he'd be carried over to the MCU.
    Noone knows if MCU will do Gambit justice.
    If Fox can do Gambit solo then I want to see it. I just want a good Gambit movie and don't care if it will be carried over to MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Again why are people assuming the merger is going to stop this movie.
    We don’t knows what Disney thinks about this project.
    I think Disney told that they won't stop movies on productions. If FOX will start shooting before merger finishes then everything will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Noone knows if MCU will do Gambit justice.
    If Fox can do Gambit solo then I want to see it. I just want a good Gambit movie and don't care if it will be carried over to MCU.
    Well, no one knows if Fox can do it either.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

To be fair, the MCU formula was solo firsts, Avengers later as a crossover. While I think it would be great to see a few X-Men solos first, then bring them together for a team effort, it probably is more likely to see some mutants sprinkled in other films before the team effort. Either way, I think Gambit's character will be better served in the MCU. Even if Tatum were to pull this together at the last minute under Fox, it's fairly unlikely he'd be carried over to the MCU.
    Why you think he’s unlikely to be carried over to the MCU?
    This movie might have a better change with Disney, because right now Fox don’t seems to be interested in making it.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-23-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Why you think he’s unlikely to be carried over to the MCU?
    I doubt the MCU will carry anything over from the Fox-Men verse. I'm not even convinced of Deadpool(the character sure maybe, but not necessarily the cast). I think they'd rather just have their own vision prevail, free and clear.

I doubt the MCU will carry anything over from the Fox-Men verse. I'm not even convinced of Deadpool(the character sure maybe, but not necessarily the cast). I think they'd rather just have their own vision prevail, free and clear.
    This. That's why I think the fusion is a threat to this movie.

I think that maybe New Mutants will also be integrated into the MCU, since it introduces super hero movies to a new genre and it's not directly connected to the main mutant universe made by Fox, but that entirely depends on the movie being good and doing well in the box office.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I like Gambit but seriously who wants a Gambit movie? Not me :v
    Uhm... I do. I don't think we'll get it, but I do. I really wanted to see Doug Limen's movie.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Not if the best they can do is an almost 40yr old stripper.

There's literally NO ONE else they could cast that oozes Southern Charm?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

At this point, I'd be happy with him settling for exec producer. I trust his fandom, but he is getting long in the tooth to START a franchise. He'd be fine if he was 2 films and a team feature in by now.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

X-Men has always felt like a more cohesive team to me, given how interconnected their history and stories are. Avengers is more like the Justice League in my opinion, in that is a super team of characters who work as well or even better solo.

I do. Like, a Gambit movie makes way way more sense to me than an Antman movie, and we got two of those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds are both older than Channing Tatum, but no one seems to care about their age.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    At this point, I'd be happy with him settling for exec producer. I trust his fandom, but he is getting long in the tooth to START a franchise. He'd be fine if he was 2 films and a team feature in by now.
    That's my standpoint exactly. It might've worked years ago when it was first discussed and he was riding high off of the Magic Mike, but now.....eh.

Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds are both older than Channing Tatum, but no one seems to care about their age.
    Neither of their roles act their age. They're both mentally immature. They made fun of Chris' weight gain in Infinity War and Ryan for whatever stunts he can't/won't do they can put a man in a suit and you'd never know.

Gambit doesn't have a mask. They can't hide behind it. He needs to be someone svelte and acrobatic.

If they're going to introduce Rogue at any point she can't be old and there being any type of big age gap would just be creepy.

Tatum looks fine. Don't see any problem here too.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    X-Men has always felt like a more cohesive team to me, given how interconnected their history and stories are. Avengers is more like the Justice League in my opinion, in that is a super team of characters who work as well or even better solo.
    X-Men are supposed to be more like a family than the JL or Avengers, true, but after 18 years of 'team movies' at Fox, we still know very little about most the X-Men because a ensemble film is much more difficult for most creators to pull off well. Almost all films (at least Hollywood films) are structured around one main protagonist with a few supporting characters. I think given the limitations of a 2 hour movie every few years(vs. serial monthly or even biweekly comics), it would be in the characters best interests to get more solo attention before/between group ventures.

The new Disney streaming shows featuring Loki and Scarlett Witch actually seems like an even better route. If the X-Men could keep the same cast in both 10 episode shows and their big screen tentpole films, that would be the best of both worlds, as 10 hours gives you a lot of time to develop the cast and then you can bring to together for the main events in their films.