Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

If the article is true, then the release date is in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    If the article is true, then the release date is in 2020?
    I would guess February 14, 2020.

We might get a Gambit movie, but there is a very little chance of getting this Gambit movie.

BANNED

Haven’t we been through this many times in the last five years?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seventeen times, sell the whole studio and burn the lot!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seventeen times, sell the whole studio and burn the lot!
    Exactly! It's more of the same stuff we've been hearing for the last years. I won't believe a thing until I see them actually shooting the movie.

There isn't a hope in hell that this movie would make it through the entire development process before the merger is completed. Marvel will probably want to kill it just so that they can introduce Gambit to the audience without the memory of this hanging over it.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

The time for this project has come and gone. Today Bob Igor has come out and said Kevin Feige will oversee the franchise following the merger. This essentially means FOX can't guarantee any projects beyond Dark Phoenix and New Mutants in their current form.

Also thinking logically we may end up with a better vehicle for Gambit on screen as a result. I would imagine that Disney will try to utilise characters that haven't seen too much of the spotlight with FOX. I can't help but think Gambit and Rogue (with her actual personality and power) are towards the top end of that list.
    L'Enfer !

Honestly, I just don't think Channing could have pulled it off anyways(maaaybe back in the early 00's when he first started trying to charm LDS, but certainly not now). Let's just wait until the MCU X-universe kicks in, and we can finally have all the pieces on the same board. Even if they rammed this one through at the last minute, it would almost certainly be a one-shot.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    20th Century Lot is iconic. Disney won't do that. It's more valuable then most of FOX's actual IPs at this time. It'll make them alot of $$.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

The fact that Channing Tatum is still wearing his Gambit haircut give me little hope.

Never gonna happen

I feel for people that have been clinging onto hope but its been fairly obvious for about a year that this thing was doomed and not meant to be.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It is like the universe does not want this movie to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The fact that Channing Tatum is still wearing his Gambit haircut give me little hope.
    Yes. If Tatum has faith in it then it is not hard for me to believe too. Still hoping for the best

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    20th Century Lot is iconic. Disney won't do that. It's more valuable then most of FOX's actual IPs at this time. It'll make them alot of $$.
    I was just teasing.