Page 76 of 104 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So you don't like Deadpool in comics? Because the nature of the films are that but not the character he's printed in a book marketed to kids he's completely censored in the comics and always has been.
    With Deadpool, the movies are better than the comics.

Exclusive: X-Men Producer Explains What Films Will Influence Gambit

https://screenrant.com/x-men-gambit-movie-influences/

"I think with the standalone movies, meaning Logan and Deadpool. Not mainline, X-Men movies, one of the things we've strived to do is sort of create a sub-genre within the genre of the superhero movie. Obviously Deadpool was like a R-rated comedy. Logan was very much a western. And, so we talked a lot about who Gambit is. And it's always motivated by the character is. We talked a lot about who Gambit is as a character and the things that Channing [Tatum] relates to in the character. And so obviously he's a thief, obviously you know his superpowers, those things are going to be very present and prevalent in the movie. But he's also a scoundrel, and a rascal, and a womanizer, and a lot of other things that we felt like we could explore in his relationships with women and one of the genres that is underserviced genre now is the romantic comedy. So whenever we can smuggle some other genre into one of these kinds of movies... I mean I did it with...The first movie I ever wrote was Mr. and Mrs. Smith and that was a romantic comedy smuggled into a spy thriller. In the same way that on the surface it will be a superhero movie with you know. People love superpowers and things are going to explode and there's going to be car chases and all of that. Doing all the powers and cards that you are familiar with. Underneath that will be romantic comedy undercurrents and it's not really like Rom-coms from when we were growing up. Or when I was growing up. It's more going back to like Philadelphia Story and His Girl Friday and just the kind of pattern banter of that and the fun and speed of those kinds of movies."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

"I think with the standalone movies, meaning Logan and Deadpool. Not mainline, X-Men movies, one of the things we've strived to do is sort of create a sub-genre within the genre of the superhero movie. Obviously Deadpool was like a R-rated comedy. Logan was very much a western. And, so we talked a lot about who Gambit is. And it's always motivated by the character is. We talked a lot about who Gambit is as a character and the things that Channing [Tatum] relates to in the character. And so obviously he's a thief, obviously you know his superpowers, those things are going to be very present and prevalent in the movie. But he's also a scoundrel, and a rascal, and a womanizer, and a lot of other things that we felt like we could explore in his relationships with women and one of the genres that is underserviced genre now is the romantic comedy. So whenever we can smuggle some other genre into one of these kinds of movies... I mean I did it with...The first movie I ever wrote was Mr. and Mrs. Smith and that was a romantic comedy smuggled into a spy thriller. In the same way that on the surface it will be a superhero movie with you know. People love superpowers and things are going to explode and there's going to be car chases and all of that. Doing all the powers and cards that you are familiar with. Underneath that will be romantic comedy undercurrents and it's not really like Rom-coms from when we were growing up. Or when I was growing up. It's more going back to like Philadelphia Story and His Girl Friday and just the kind of pattern banter of that and the fun and speed of those kinds of movies."
    So Mr. and Mrs. Smith will be a primary influence, with elements of classic Screwball Comedies. That could be a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So Mr. and Mrs. Smith will be a primary influence, with elements of classic Screwball Comedies. That could be a good mix.
    Yes. I hope for director news soon.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i want anything soon. if Fox is still making this i want more then promises of Directers. and a script. i want casting and a production start date. being in development hell sucks. im glad its not pulled but i hope it fares better then Dark Phoenix
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    i want anything soon. if Fox is still making this i want more then promises of Directers. and a script. i want casting and a production start date. being in development hell sucks. im glad its not pulled but i hope it fares better then Dark Phoenix
    I know. Me too.

Well that actually sounds amazing. Except now I'll be super PO'd that it's Belle instead of Rogue. Mr. & Mrs. X / Mr. & Mrs. Smith . . . Maybe NOT a coincidence?!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Sadly I think this project will never see the light of day. The new direction of it being a "Romantic comedy" actually makes me relived as it could be a disaster if they are trying to punt it out before the merger
    L'Enfer !

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Sadly I think this project will never see the light of day. The new direction of it being a "Romantic comedy" actually makes me relived as it could be a disaster if they are trying to punt it out before the merger
    If you look at my posts before now I was super hyped for this movie and was 100% behind Tatum as Remy, I thought he was going nail it. The project has dragged on for too long and no one seems to be able to stay committed to the projects direction for any amount of time
    L'Enfer !

BANNED

Sounds like it going to be a fun movie

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Never thought about that... What director is going to carve out time from their schedule to dedicate to a movie that might not happen due to the studio being dissolved? Yeah, the director would get a severance package (they'd get paid, but only a piece of it), but they'd also have to pass on anything else for at least a year. These jobs are scheduled months, if not a year or two in advance. So, I wouldn't count on any "name" directors signing onto this. That goes for cast and crew. Same position. To take this job, they'd have to pass on others, which is fine when the studio isnt about to be eaten by another. I think this is why we've havent heard a thing from anyone else other than Kinberg. I don't think anyone else is willing to sign on for something that's this nebulous.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Never thought about that... What director is going to carve out time from their schedule to dedicate to a movie that might not happen due to the studio being dissolved? Yeah, the director would get a severance package (they'd get paid, but only a piece of it), but they'd also have to pass on anything else for at least a year. These jobs are scheduled months, if not a year or two in advance. So, I wouldn't count on any "name" directors signing onto this. That goes for cast and crew. Same position. To take this job, they'd have to pass on others, which is fine when the studio isnt about to be eaten by another. I think this is why we've havent heard a thing from anyone else other than Kinberg. I don't think anyone else is willing to sign on for something that's this nebulous.
    You might be right, but we don’t know what going on behind the scenes.
    They might already have a director and cast that hasn’t been publicially announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    A lot of directors are not working year round. Some only do like 1 or 2 movies a year. Even when you look at some of the rumored directors Liman went like 2 years in between Edge of Tomorrow and Bourne and has mostly down one movie a year with a few times doing two.
    Last edited by remydat; 10-16-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    If you look at my posts before now I was super hyped for this movie and was 100% behind Tatum as Remy, I thought he was going nail it. The project has dragged on for too long and no one seems to be able to stay committed to the projects direction for any amount of time
    Deadpool dragged on for over a decade. No saying it will get made but ya'll too focused on every little tid bit and noise. Might as well not worry about it until you hear it starts filming if at all. That is what I did with Deadpool and it avoids all he angst over stuff being in production hell for a long time.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

is this movie still happening now that the merger is soon to be final in the next few months? I thought only dp and new mutants was surely happening since this movie didnt have a committed director. did something change?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!