Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah, I joined SHH just to fight Gambit haters there. Agree that SHH is a bad forum. Don't know why that guy was banned there.

I just think that if they have someone from directors thrn scenario in my post above is exactly how I see it may happen.
    After thinking about it, what that poster is saying is actually making sense.
    On Boxofficemojo.com, Fox has a reserved Nov. 22, 2019 for an untitaled Fox/Marvel movie.
    Maybe that’s why that poster was banned, for telling inside information.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-18-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    After thinking about it, what that poster is saying is actually making sense.
    On Boxofficemojo.com, Fox has a reserved Nov. 22, 2019 for an untitaled Fox/Marvel movie.
    Maybe that’s why that poster was banned, for telling inside information.
    Yes. His words are logical and I hope they are true.

If it is an origin story then Rogue has no business in it. She already had plenty of movie time in the original movies. If a Gambit movie happens, it needs to be about Gambit not Gambit and Rogue.

Maybe if there is a sequel or a Marvel reboot then it may make sense for her to appear.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-18-2018 at 05:17 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

If this movie is ever made, how will Tatum handle the accent?
    I know the hardcore Gambit fans wants him to speak a pure Cajun accent. But if he does most people wouldn’t understand him.
    I don’t want to have to read subtitles every time Gambit speaks.
    Sometime comic book fans want things that are impractical for movies.
    Tatum speaking with a pure Cajun accent would be unwatchable.

If this movie is ever made, how will Tatum handle the accent?
    I know the hardcore Gambit fans wants him to speak a pure Cajun accent. But if he does most people wouldn’t understand him.
    I don’t want to have to read subtitles every time Gambit speaks.
    Sometime comic book fans want things that are impractical for movies.
    Tatum speaking with a pure Cajun accent would be unwatchable.
    No, I think a light Cajun accent with use of some Cajun French phrases/curses/interjections would be sufficient. Thinking along the lines of XTAS without the cheesy third person references. As with any accent, there are degrees of intensity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    No, I think a light Cajun accent with use of some Cajun French phrases/curses/interjections would be sufficient. Thinking along the lines of XTAS without the cheesy third person references. As with any accent, there are degrees of intensity.
    I don’t think a light accent will be sufficient enough for purists. Because they want the movie exactly like the comic book.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-19-2018 at 06:58 PM.

I don’t think a light accent will be sufficient enough for purists. Because they want the movie exactly like the comic book.
    Eh, purists will probably be unhappy with ANY movie that doesn't follow the comics verbatim and typically movies don't. So . . . Unhappiness is probably inevitable? I would rather see minor changes to yield a more successful movie myself and hardcore comic purists are too small a crowd to carry a successful film. Tapping into the more general popularity and nostalgia of XTAS would be more lucrative. Though since there is virtually no chance of a Fox sequel for Gambit, the risk for a less popular movie is probably lower. Though if it flops as hard as Daredevil or Green Lantern, I worry if even the MCU will be hesitant to utilize the character. I was glad to see how well received Cable, another 90's staple, was in Deadpool 2.

BANNED

There is just too much silence from Fox, Tatum, Kinberg and Donner about this movie.
    I know they don’t have too, but I wish they would give us some kind of an update.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    If it is an origin story then Rogue has no business in it. She already had plenty of movie time in the original movies. If a Gambit movie happens, it needs to be about Gambit not Gambit and Rogue.

Maybe if there is a sequel or a Marvel reboot then it may make sense for her to appear.
    I love Rogue and i love Romy but i agree. I've been saying awhile that i do not want Rogue even a comic accurate Rogue anywhere near a Gambit film. I just want the Guild's Julien Tithe Collecter and Candra
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I love Rogue and i love Romy but i agree. I've been saying awhile that i do not want Rogue even a comic accurate Rogue anywhere near a Gambit film. I just want the Guild's Julien Tithe Collecter and Candra
    The way his Origin should be.

There is just too much silence from Fox, Tatum, Kinberg and Donner about this movie.
    I know they don’t have too, but I wish they would give us some kind of an update.
    I know. I hope they just waiting to announce everything closer to shooting day.

If it's his origin story, shouldn't he be, like, a teenager?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think they originally plan to do an origin story, but the failure of F4 might have changed that plan.

The only way they can do an origin story is have flash backs with a younger actor.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-20-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In old leaked script were teen Gambit and old Gambit.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-21-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I get why hardcore fans want a Guild focused Origin story. And if that's what it is I'll still see it and likely enjoy it. But I worry it won't have as much success as if they did a story where the origin is integrated into the bigger X-universe and more current timeline. No one but hardcore fans knows Belladonna, Candra, Jean-Luc, etc. It might still work, but you'll have a harder time getting buts in seats than if you had some more popular recognizable X-characters included.