Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    You don't need significant acting abilities to play Gambit. lmao let's be real. Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street showed more than enough relevant acting chops to get the job done.
    It's true. This is Gambit we're talking about here. There's not really a lot of depth for them to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Not to even mention the fact that Tatum is WAY too old to play Apocaylpse era Remy.

I won't be buying a ticket to see him ruin Gambit on screen, you all can enjoy the travesty.
    Right because the movies have the characters the exact same age as they were in the comic book stories. SMH. And if you don't want to buy don't. One less person to complain in the movie theater about how the character or story is perfectly the same as the comic book.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It's true. This is Gambit we're talking about here. There's not really a lot of depth for them to cover.
    Lol, so you think being exiled from his family as a teenager and getting hooked up with Sinister and being involved in the MM is not a lot of depth? Sure.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Not to even mention the fact that Tatum is WAY too old to play Apocaylpse era Remy.

I won't be buying a ticket to see him ruin Gambit on screen, you all can enjoy the travesty.
    This whole casting idea was wack in the first place. Tatum is an awful actor who is only famous for his looks and being in a couple good films.

It is sad that he is being considered, when there are a hundred other great actors that would both look and play the part better as Gambit such as Josh Holloway, Jared Leto, or maybe even Taylor Kitsch again?

Feel bad for Gambit fans that have to endure this.

Spectacular Member

How do you know these actors want to play the part, Josh Holloway will not play the part he was asked and he said no. All I care about this is that Tatum wants to play the character in fact he loves the character so for me that is all that matters. Actors change there shape for parts so no doubt he will be leaner and more toned by the time the movie is made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    He's WAY too bulky to play Gambit.
    Tatum looks absolutely nothing like Gambit. Wrong age, wrong build, wrong face. I'm not surprised because it's been obvious that the producers only had him in mind for a while now but I am disappointed for the Gambit fans. Kitsch was underused in Wolvie Origins but at least he looked like Gambit - way more than this guy does.

Also not sure he has the acting chops for someone as complex as Remy; Gambit's kind of the essence of someone who ought to look as if he's about to do something bad when he's doing something good and something good when he's doing something bad. Being enthusiastic and mastering a Cajun accent doesn't seem to me to make up for having a kind of dull stolidity to bring to a party that really needs some contradictory subtlety.

I'm all for Gambit being utilized in the movies and getting his own movie too, and I really hope Tatum surprises me and has something in the acting bag he hasn't revealed yet that justifies his casting, but I do think it's a pity they didn't try a little harder to find someone of the right physical type.

And, man, if this is what they think Gambit looks like then I dread to think what kind of he-man bulked-up travesty we're going to get playing Cyke when they recast that part.

I don't understand why people say he's too bulky or too short for Gambit. He needs more muscle definition, but he's not too bulky. It's not like Gambit's that thin. Channing is 6'1". Isn't that close to Gambit's official height?
    Last edited by Psyknight; 05-18-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Well, I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that anyone has ever earned an Oscar for playing a comic book character. This is X-Men, not Schindler's List. Gambit is just as interesting as any other superhero. Just depends on a person's preference.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    You kinda just made my point about casting and the body type. None of those were good and that is why I don't like the X movies. Also I would rather someone try to fit the Cajun role than dial it down.
    You may have disliked the casting on Wolverine, Magneto, and Rogue, but clearly the majority of people were more than satisfied, and Fox really didn't lose any money there.

You don't like Ian McKellen as Magneto or Channing Tatum, that's your taste. I was annoyed all to hell by Frasier Beast Crane, stapling a one note sitcom actor with "smart voice" (aka "sound more pompous than anyone should be able to sound" onto a blue fur visual and calling it Hank McCoy), but other people loved it. The majority of paying audience loved the idea of it, if not the execution.

These movies aren't about what I want, or what you want, but what the producers think the majority of the prospective audience is gonna want. And that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This whole casting idea was wack in the first place. Tatum is an awful actor who is only famous for his looks and being in a couple good films.

It is sad that he is being considered, when there are a hundred other great actors that would both look and play the part better as Gambit such as Josh Holloway, Jared Leto, or maybe even Taylor Kitsch again?

Feel bad for Gambit fans that have to endure this.
    And which of these actors has actually made money in real Hollywood movies where they were the lead star? Kitsch comes the closest but sorry he is not on Tatum's level. I encourage all the Gambit fans crying to please stay home. I certainly won't miss you nor will all the other people that hopefully go and see the movie.

As a die hard Gambit fan, I am embarrassed that apparently fans care more about getting their personal preference cast in a Gambit movie over actually being excited about the fact that he will be appearing in a movie to begin with. I could actually understand not being that gung ho about the guy but all this bitching as if it's the end of the world is silly.

"Is this the monorail?" Sorceress Supreme!'s Avatar

He's not dirty/unwashed enough to play Gambit. He's sexy, but not seductive/charm sexy.

Watch Olivier Martinez in Unfaithful. He IS Gambit in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    Well, I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that anyone has ever earned an Oscar for playing a comic book character. This is X-Men, not Schindler's List. Gambit is just as interesting as any other superhero. Just depends on a person's preference.

While arguably most comic book films are crap, I would say a good chunk of them are good enough to be considered for Academy Awards. I thought Anne should've won the Oscar for being Selina over that generic Les Miz role.

Apparently Bleeding Cool's update now says that Kitsch will play him in X-Men: Apocalypse, but Tatum will be him in a standalone movie that is suggested to be a period piece.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress Supreme! View Post
    He's not dirty/unwashed enough to play Gambit. He's sexy, but not seductive/charm sexy.

Watch Olivier Martinez in Unfaithful. He IS Gambit in that role.
    This guy?

He's a very good actor, Martinez, but he's not naturally and daily "dirty/unwashed." "Dirty/unwashed" is a makeup and costuming issue, not an actor's natural state of existence. That's part of why it's called acting.

(Besides, Gambit, other than a bit unshaven, tends to look pretty well-groomed in most of his appearances. That hair, y'know?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    First Kristen Stewart sucks. Ellen page is a perfect kitty.
    The perfect Kitty would've been Sarah Hyland.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 05-13-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!