Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because this is a thread about the Gambit movie and his name is the only one brought up in terms of casting? Ive said the same in Storm's thread when people fancast 40 somethings to play her. Ditto for many other characters in the various X-men film threads we've had
    You didn’t have a problem with Paul Rudd or Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt or RDJ. The point is no one cares about the actor’s age. This is really not an issue, I’m done.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    You didn’t have a problem with Paul Rudd or Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt or RDJ. The point is no one cares about the actor’s age. This is really not an issue, I’m done.
    How do you know that no one cares? Maybe you don't care, but unless you have a direct line with the people in charge of MCU we have no idea what do they have in mind for the X-men.
    In my opinion there are more reason to not pick Tatum than to pick him besides his age. He doesn't have the looks, nor the physicality, also Gambit is supposed to be super agile which Tatum isn't.
    The only thing he has going in his favor is his love for the character, other than that he is not such a great actor and his popularity has been waning for several years now.

All are irrelevant but since you want to focus on them, fine

Chris Pratt was 34 when he was cast to play Star Lord
    Ryan Reynolds was 31 when he was cast to play Deadpool.

RDJ and Paul Rudd were 43 and 47, respectively cast to play 40 something year old characters. Tony needed to be older and not some 20 something to make his character work effectively bc him being this aging playboy that becomes more responsible and settles down was a part of his character arc. Scott didnt need to be as old as he was but it worked to paint him as a divorcee and father. Both men are in suits which rely on CG when playing their superhero counterparts so the physical requirements arent there

If the MCU wants to bring Gambit on as a 40 something vet with decades worth of experience, then go for it but I doubt thats the route they will go and they shouldnt. Gambit should be contemporary to the rest of the X-men and the best age for the core group to be is mid to late 20s. He'd look completely out of place if he's a full decade older than the rest of the group. There are some characters that it probably wont matter as much for, but Gambit most defintely shouldnt be that old to start.

His thirst for the role aside, Tatum is not that huge of an actor that he needs to automatically be kept on. IMO, he was never the right person for the role and even less so as he ages out of the ideal age bracket
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-21-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Look, it's going to be five-ish years, at least, before any new X-Men movies are made and it stands to reason that major characters will get first priority. A Gambit movie isn't happening for a long time, and if/when it does, it would seem likely that the creative team attached would want to cast the character themselves.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Look, it's going to be five-ish years, at least, before any new X-Men movies are made and it stands to reason that major characters will get first priority. A Gambit movie isn't happening for a long time, and if/when it does, it would seem likely that the creative team attached would want to cast the character themselves.
    But one advantage, it’s ready to go. It’s ahead of any other mutants right now. The production can start right away if Disney green lights it.

But one advantage, it’s ready to go. It’s ahead of any other mutants right now. The production can start right away if Disney green lights it.
    That assumes that they want to make the same movie in the first place, not even considering the work needed to get the gears moving.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Fox films overall have been a hot mess. I dont think Disney trusts them enough to just go ahead with production on a Fox project, especially after Dark Phoenix bombed and NM has failed to get off the ground. The Gambit film as it exists will never come out. A solo Gambit title will be heavily reworked and/or scrapped and start as a new project and in either case, it would take a while before any filming were to start

All that really matters in this decision is whether Tatum could convince Disney to greenlight this. All this other talk about age, looks, etc. is just noise. As of today, the answer to that question is no if he has even tried. The point being you can go in several different directions with Gambit and the only direction that matters is the one that Marvel decides on.

Although I would add that nothing in Marvel's recent history suggests anyone gives two shits about Gambit so I would be shocked if anyone at Marvel is going to be particularly interested in the character right now.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I thought the discussion had moved to whether or not Tatum would be the right casting choice for the role of Gambit in the MCU (in the X-men movies, of course).

I can't believe that someone could still think that there's a chance for this project to be made by Disney (unless that person is Raiders or one of his multiple accounts, ).

I don't know why people assume Gambit even gets in a Marvel movie. I see no logical reason why they would view him as important for the movies. Hell even Fox waited years and years before he featured in Origins.

So the likely reality is either Disney has some affinity to the Fox movie or you probably not seeing Gambit in an X-men film for a decade or so in which case discussing who you want to play him is kind of pointless. If the Tatum Gambit is dead then the next Gambit actor probably in high school right now or staring in some Disney kids/teen show.

But maybe we get surprised and some 90s X-men fan ends up in a powerful role at Marvel to push Gambit but not holding my breath on that one.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

I even think a solo Gambit movie is probably not a good idea. I believe we’ll see Gambit in some form in the near future. Marvel Comics has been pushing Gambit in the comics in recent years with “Deadpool vs Gambit” and “Gambit and Rogue”, so we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I thought the discussion had moved to whether or not Tatum would be the right casting choice for the role of Gambit in the MCU (in the X-men movies, of course).

I can't believe that someone could still think that there's a chance for this project to be made by Disney (unless that person is Raiders or one of his multiple accounts, ).
    Oh wow, I forgot that Luprki is Raiders. Makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    All that really matters in this decision is whether Tatum could convince Disney to greenlight this. All this other talk about age, looks, etc. is just noise. As of today, the answer to that question is no if he has even tried. The point being you can go in several different directions with Gambit and the only direction that matters is the one that Marvel decides on.

Although I would add that nothing in Marvel's recent history suggests anyone gives two shits about Gambit so I would be shocked if anyone at Marvel is going to be particularly interested in the character right now.
    Completely agree.

BANNED

Marvel used to be predictable in what movie they’ll make. But recently there has been a shakeups at Marvel, the lost of Spider-Man is devastating, Phase 4 don’t look too exciting either. I’m expecting to see mutants sooner than originally planned, if not Gambit than other mutants.

Marvel can make any solo movie work, but as much as I love Charming Potatum, he's gone past the stage in his career where a role like Gambit could work. He could still be producer or play Gambit's dad or something.

And yeah, the Spiderman debacle is going force them to introduce mutants and the F4 sooner than they'd planned.