Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I don't know why people assume Gambit even gets in a Marvel movie. I see no logical reason why they would view him as important for the movies. Hell even Fox waited years and years before he featured in Origins.

So the likely reality is either Disney has some affinity to the Fox movie or you probably not seeing Gambit in an X-men film for a decade or so in which case discussing who you want to play him is kind of pointless. If the Tatum Gambit is dead then the next Gambit actor probably in high school right now or staring in some Disney kids/teen show.

But maybe we get surprised and some 90s X-men fan ends up in a powerful role at Marvel to push Gambit but not holding my breath on that one.
    I can't really argue with this statement.
    The one thing that may go in Gambit's favour in showing up in the MCU is that they release films much more frequently than Fox and feature a lot more characters that have a meaningful role to play. MCU could release X-Men films with various teams (X-Force, X-Factor or even Blue and Gold etc) That's probably Gambit's best chance.

BANNED

Disney wouldn’t never make this movie anyway. It was described as a sexy romantic heist movie. Disney doesn’t do sexy, they do kiddy crap. From what little I heard about the script, it was too adult oriented for the MCU formula. Gambit is a thief and a sexual character, that not the MCU way.

BANNED

I hate to say this, but I think it’s time to end this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Disney wouldn’t never make this movie anyway. It was described as a sexy romantic heist movie. Disney doesn’t do sexy, they do kiddy crap. From what little I heard about the script, it was too adult oriented for the MCU formula. Gambit is a thief and a sexual character, that not the MCU way.
    So was Peter Quill (we first meet him as an adult with a one-night stand and it's brought up often on that he's a womanizer).

Guardians 2 had Yondu after using a robot hooker. Quill and the Sovereignty queen have a conversation about procreational sex and Gamorra is pretty jealous after the fact that he didn't outright dismiss the queen's proposition. Whether Ego had a penis in human form is the subject of a conversation and we learn that Drax's family told him the story of his conception as a tradition. When Mantis reveals that Quill is in love with Gamorra, she outright says that there's sexual component to it as well.

While not a thief, the post-Disney Iron Man movies continued being pretty frank about Tony's love life; we see a bit of his one night stand with Maya Hanson, while living with Pepper, they share a bed and Pepper outright asks him to take a shower with her. We also see Pepper running around in a sports bra in the finale.

Have I made my point, or do I need to stick my mind further into the gutter?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So was Peter Quill (we first meet him as an adult with a one-night stand and it's brought up often on that he's a womanizer).

Guardians 2 had Yondu after using a robot hooker. Quill and the Sovereignty queen have a conversation about procreational sex and Gamorra is pretty jealous after the fact that he didn't outright dismiss the queen's proposition. Whether Ego had a penis in human form is the subject of a conversation and we learn that Drax's family told him the story of his conception as a tradition. When Mantis reveals that Quill is in love with Gamorra, she outright says that there's sexual component to it as well.

While not a thief, the post-Disney Iron Man movies continued being pretty frank about Tony's love life; we see a bit of his one night stand with Maya Hanson, while living with Pepper, they share a bed and Pepper outright asks him to take a shower with her. We also see Pepper running around in a sports bra in the finale.

Have I made my point, or do I need to stick my mind further into the gutter?
    lol. None of this is nowhere close to what’s in the Gambit script.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-25-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Pitch mood boards for canceled GAMBIT feature film by Anthony Winn

Looks like the guy works in the industry so I think these are legit. Kind of have mixed feelings about this but it's kinda cool to see.
    Make Good Art

Gambit With Channing Tatum Still Might Happen · John Campea

https://youtu.be/adzCettaPAw

Not according to this article
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...hanning-tatum/

But I’m sure this will be one of many!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit With Channing Tatum Still Might Happen · John Campea

https://youtu.be/adzCettaPAw
    I’m one of the last holdout and I am even surprised by this video.
    I think Tatum has moved on. Just in the last week it was announced two movie projects he’s involved in, one of them will be his directorial debut.
    So, he playing Gambit will even surprise me.

I’m one of the last holdout and I am even surprised by this video.
    I think Tatum has moved on. Just in the last week it was announced two movie projects he’s involved in, one of them will be his directorial debut.
    So, he playing Gambit will even surprise me.
    I am glad that he is back to movies and will make a director debut. Would be glad to see him as a good director. Maybe he will end up as Gambit director in future if his director debut will be good. He seems to be a good person. Wish all the best to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am glad that he is back to movies and will make a director debut. Would be glad to see him as a good director. Maybe he will end up as Gambit director in future if his director debut will be good. He seems to be a good person. Wish all the best to him.
    Maybe his directorial debut is like an audition to direct Gambit, it would make sense.

Maybe his directorial debut is like an audition to direct Gambit, it would make sense.
    hahaah yeah. At least 2 directors and no movie was made

At this point, Tatum better off playing the Witness rather than Gambit. Just do the X-traitor story with Tatum as the Witness in the future with a younger actor to play Gambit in the present.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    At this point, Tatum better off playing the Witness rather than Gambit. Just do the X-traitor story with Tatum as the Witness in the future with a younger actor to play Gambit in the present.
    Idk if anything is going to happen, but they are probably talking

BANNED

Disney and Tatum has come to a settlement on the Gambit Movie. Tatum will vacate this movie as an the main character, but will star in and produce “Bob the Musical” for Disney. There is also word he will star in and produce other movies for Disney and will be credited as one of the producer on any future movie that involves the Gambit’s characters. Both side are said to be happy with this settlement. It is a very lucrative deal for Tatum and his partner Reid Carolin production company Free Association.

P.S. Reid Carolin is the son-in-law of Disney Studios President Allen Horn.