Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I assume he'll just be a regular X-Man or an uneasy ally. The Horseman of Death plot is unpopular and not very well known.
    I think no one want to see black Tatum with white hair))

If Sinister will be in it then I would love to see Remy as Marauders member.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Did anyone say it was just supposed to be a cameo? I had figured that'd be be a supporting character. Pretty involved in the movie (like... Horseman of Apocalypse involved).
    I don't think it was officially called a cameo just that Singer wanted him and Nightcrawler to appear. I would also prefer he be a Horseman in the film. It would be interesting to see him as a villain and then in his solo you get his background that leads up to Apocalypse turning him into a Horseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think no one want to see black Tatum with white hair))

If Sinister will be in it then I would love to see Remy as Marauders member.
    He doesn't have to have the black skin, white hair, or the fart powers. Just be a Horseman of Death. Hell maybe you don't even know in the Apocalypse movie whether he is brainwashed or simply working for Apocalypse out of choice which is precisely why you have the solo go into his background to help explain how he ended up with Apocalypse.

If for example the end scene in the solo is the MM then the after credits scene can be Apocalypse seeking out Gambit because he wanted to know what Sinister was up to. Maybe Gambit is severely injured and Apocalypse promises he can save him with his Tech and in doing so Gambit becomes brainwashed and hence becomes a Horseman.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-15-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I don't think it was officially called a cameo just that Singer wanted him and Nightcrawler to appear. I would also prefer he be a Horseman in the film. It would be interesting to see him as a villain and then in his solo you get his background that leads up to Apocalypse turning him into a Horseman.
    I do not want solo to be a prequel. I would prefer some flashbacks then origin story.

I liked that Wolverine wasnt prequel for X-Movies.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-15-2014 at 01:46 PM.

I do not want solo to be a prequel. I would prefer some flashbackes then origin story.

I liked that Wolverine wasnt prequel for X-Movies.
    But it is an origin story. Again in the Apocalypse movie he appears as a Horseman and the audience doesn't really know why. Then his solo movie is as follows.

This would be my dream scenario. A story with the first 45 minutes or so establishing the Guilds and ending with his banishment. Then the next 45 minutes of him roaming the world and linking up with the Marauders and GD (gotta have a love interest) where initially they are part of a Heist team run by Sinister. So they do heist jobs while Gambit is also being pursued by the Assassin's. Then the final 45 minutes is that Heist team growing more sinister (pun intended) due to Mr. Sinister's influence with Sabes somehow causing GD's death (perhaps he was in love with her too) and finally culminating in the Marauders going on what Gambit believes to be a heist that turns out in fact to be the Mutant Massacre.

You could then link the MM into the Apocalypse movie and other films by having Sinister's reasons for the massacre being he had to cover up his research to prevent Apocalypse from learning that he was experimenting on the Morlocks to develop a mutant that could defeat him. If you really wanted to link it all then Cable can be that mutant which we don't find out until the X-force films.
    So basically the origin story is tracing his history from the Guilds to the MM. And then the after credit scene as I said just shows Apocalypse searching for Sinister because Sinister is the one guy he thinks can stop him and instead discovers Gambit seriously injured and uses his celestial tech to heal him and turn him into a Horseman.

So you get an origin story as well as you link it to the Apocalypse movie with the after credits scene. Any sequels then can deal with Gambit trying to redeem himself for the Horseman thing by joining the X-men while his role in the MM is still unknown by them and serves as tension as part of a later reveal.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Why do you want him to be a Horseman so much?

The only thing that I liked about Horseman story is when Gambit told that he loves X-Men so he will become Horseman to watch after Apocalypse and protect friends. But on the other hand we all know how stupid this decision was.

I just think it would be a cool way to introduce him. Why Gambit became a horseman is interesting, even if boneheaded. It gives the villain more validity too. Even though Apocalypse is about as legit as it gets. Plus, making him a horseman in the movie could differ from how it happened in the comics... I don't know, it's just one idea I had for the movie.

I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if he was introduced some other way and joined the X-Men.

Well, at least it can create some mystery around him.
    But still I would love to see Gambit in movie and not some brainwashed Remy.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-15-2014 at 02:15 PM.

As a hero, I think he will end up as just another mutant in a list of crowded mutant heroes. As one of the Horseman of Apocalypse, I think he gets a bigger role in the film. So part of it is simply one of where I think he can have the best role given the dynamics of the movies.

From a story perspective, I think Gambit is at his best as a morally ambiguous character. To me, his role would be like Winter Soldiers in Captain America ie the brainwashed villain who overcomes his brainwashing towards the end of the film which then sets up his solo movies up as an exploration of his origins (first solo movie) and then his redemption (future X-men films and solo movies).

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would want him to be a Horseman. It was a terrible story for the character and he is still dealing with the fallout from it all these years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why anyone would want him to be a Horseman. It was a terrible story for the character and he is still dealing with the fallout from it all these years later.
    It wouldn't have to be like the comics. Just like Age of Ultron is just the title of the next Avengers film.

Spectacular Member

I think using Gambit in Apocalypse as one of the X-Men would be a terrible idea. If you want to use Gambit properly there have to be some mystery behind him and you should never explain what that is(at least not before creating nore mysteries). If viewers (or readers in comics) learn most things about him, character loses too many things. One of the reasons i love gambit was this.

Otherwise he will be just one more mutant like Remydat said.

1997_uncanny_x_men_with_professor_xavier_350_by_trivto-d5an29w.jpg

As you can see on this page, everyone is concerned but gambit. He just knows. Yes this page is from Prof's dream but even in his dream he sees him like this. That's what makes Remy LeBeau Gambit IMHO.

Your movie plot was wonderful Remydat. I really loved it

Yes I agree. The man must have his mysteries and secrets. It's what set him apart from the rest of the X-men. There was always that sense of "Have we accepted a traitor in our midst," when it came to Gambit as people like Banshee would remark about how Gambit was here learning all he could about the X-men but they knew next to nothing about him.

So I just think in the movie verse, he would work best as a morally grey character. A guy the audience isn't sure about initially but in the end they end up rooting for him to choose the side of good. It's a delicate balance to try and achieve.

From a story perspective, I think Gambit is at his best as a morally ambiguous character. To me, his role would be like Winter Soldiers in Captain America ie the brainwashed villain who overcomes his brainwashing towards the end of the film which then sets up his solo movies up as an exploration of his origins (first solo movie) and then his redemption (future X-men films and solo movies).
    I am OK with Remy as antagonist in movie (not horseman) but I do not want to see him brainwashed.

I am OK with Remy as antagonist in movie (not horseman) but I do not want to see him brainwashed.
    I don't care if he is brainwashed or not but figured Fox probably doesn't want to have Gambit as a villain doing bad things unless he was brainwashed if the plan is for him to star in a solo movie. Hence I think they would go the Winter Soldier route.