Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Simon Kinberg: I think Gambit's one of the coolest characters that hasn't been heavily featured. I mean, he was in the first Wolverine movie, but he hasn't really been heavily featured in the main X-Men movies. I think Channing will be amazing playing him. What I like about the character is that my favorite characters in the comics are anti-heroes like Batman, like Wolverine, like Iron Man. I think Gambit fits into that classification because he's a thief, he's rogue, he's a little destructive. I think he's one of the more dynamic characters in the X-Men world. He's certainly one as a fan that could be explored more in the films.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05/...,manual#!PYabN

Some more discussion on Gambit from Kinberg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...perheroes.html

You’re also a writer/producer on Gambit, which recently cast Channing Tatum in the lead. How did you arrive at him as your Gambit, and why did you decide to move away from Taylor Kitsch?

Gambit is still in-motion and being figured out. Channing made it known that it was a character that he loved and would love to play, and all the people who work on the X-Men movies are huge fans of his, so the notion of him playing it is exciting. I’m more fascinated by anti-heroes, and Gambit is one of those. I don’t know why he wasn’t explored in the original X-Men movies. Maybe the reason why was because they wanted to focus on Rogue/Bobby or the platonic Rogue/Wolverine relationship, and maybe there were too many similarities between Wolverine and Gambit, so in order to make it a Wolverine-centric franchise they had to cut him loose.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Also, I said it n the Gambit thread but a cool idea would be Gambit being hired by Clan Akkaba to steal or break into someplace they can't and in doing so he ends up being the one to awaken Apocalypse and becomes the first horseman as a "reward."
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think X-men: Apocalypse will be Gambit's time to shine, big time. Wolverine's role will be reduced and I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Horseman of Death route with him.

If they do and he fights Gambit, we've got to get a scene where the Cajun says, "Bang, you dead."

Spectacular Member

Jackraow21
    I think X-men: Apocalypse will be Gambit's time to shine, big time. Wolverine's role will be reduced and I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Horseman of Death route with him.

If they do and he fights Gambit, we've got to get a scene where the Cajun says, "Bang, you dead."
    Even thinking of hearing "Bang, you dead." on screen gives me goose bumps. THIS MUST BE ON THE MOVIE. PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

That is one of my all-time favorite lines.

Ultimate Member

I think that both Wolverine and Gambit might become Horsemen in the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that both Wolverine and Gambit might become Horsemen in the next movie.
    That would be a great War and Death duo although I kind of like the idea of them fighting each other as well.

Yeah, I think Logan as Death gives them a great opportunity to have Gambit fight him and establish himself as a badass.

If they go in this direction. Just do it right and I'll be happy. There is loads of potential. I can't wait to see Gambit on the big screen. I am not convinced on Tatum but - not gonna worry about it.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/s...alypse-gambit/

more movie news and Gambit.

Nothing new though and already covered. Oopsy. My bad.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-27-2014 at 11:43 AM.

No new Gambit updates but was catching up on Cannes and came across the following review of Foxcatcher which stars Tatum. Thought it was interesting because of how many people think Tatum can't act. Might just be hyperbole about the Academy Award thing but did look at a few other reviews and they all suggest that Tatum's acting was top notch.

The performances by the three leads are astonshing: prepare yourselves for a world in which the phrase “Academy Award-nominee Channing Tatum” exists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...delirious.html

Ultimate Member

Well we already live in a world where "TWO time Academy Award nominee Jonah Hill" is a real thing. And Nicolas Cage has actually won one. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I remember Moneyball because I am an Oakland A's fan but what was the other nomination for?

Edit - NVM, just remembered he was in Wolf of Wallstreet.
    Last edited by remydat; 06-05-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I remember Moneyball because I am an Oakland A's fan but what was the other nomination for?

Edit - NVM, just remembered he was in Wolf of Wallstreet.
    You are an Oakland A's fan!!! *gasp* - Yankees here. LMAO. Back to the topic.

All I want and I think we all want this is a really good film. The story will be key and with Gambit you don't need tons of special effects. He's never reliant on his powers so you do that stuff when needed. I think they should take a James Bond approach with mutant powers.