Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    You are an Oakland A's fan!!! *gasp* - Yankees here. LMAO. Back to the topic.

All I want and I think we all want this is a really good film. The story will be key and with Gambit you don't need tons of special effects. He's never reliant on his powers so you do that stuff when needed. I think they should take a James Bond approach with mutant powers.
    Channing Tatum wants to Change the superhero hero movie type with Gambit.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=101398

Amazing Member

Apparently this is intended to come before Apocalypse which makes sense in terms of establishing a new franchise character but puts it on a pretty tight production schedule if it happens.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/c...en-apocalypse/

Wow!!! Thanks Belay and GMT 47.

So awesome news that it is even hard to believe)

I hope movie will have dark tone but still with fun Gambit. Also I want to see Remy vs dozens of assassins.

I was dissapointed that there were no really Wolverine vs dozens of ninjas in The Wolverine.

Release before Apocalypse? **checks watch**

Better get crackin' then!

BANNED

I sincerely doubt that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I sincerely doubt that's going to happen.
    Yea, that's what I was alluding to.

Astonishing Member

By next year? That's pretty impossible unless they've been secretly filming the movie already... :?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    By next year? That's pretty impossible unless they've been secretly filming the movie already... :?
    Fox previously locked down an untitled Marvel film project for July 18th 2018 it might be the solo gambit movie as I don't see the movie being released so soon as Channing has not even signed with fox yet but I hope I m wrong and that gambit is released by the end of 2015 or starting of 2016.
    Last edited by belay; 06-06-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Early 2016 would be more than awesome.

I really like how Tatum wants diiferent superhero movie with grey Gambit.

X-Men vol 2 #33 about Remy, Geneveve and Sabretooth will be the best choice for such movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Early 2016 would be more than awesome.

I really like how Tatum wants diiferent superhero movie with grey Gambit.

X-Men vol 2 #33 about Remy, Geneveve and Sabretooth will be the best choice for such movie.
    I agree. Hands down.

I guess they could shoot for an early 2016 release? But doesn't Apocalypse open in May? Anything earlier would be stupid. I can't see it happening.

Tatum: “Gambit is about as happening as it possibly can. Right now it’s just with the lawyers and they’re all doing their stuff that I’m not involved in, but I’m about as in as I could possibly be.”

“We talked story, we’re getting into it—we’re gonna try to change up the superhero-type movie, maybe give us something a little different. In my opinion, Gambit is an outlier in the X-Men [universe], he’s not a good guy in a way. He smokes, he drinks, he’s chasing women, he’s a thief. I’m not like an X-Men head but I just love him.”

“[It could] possibly [be rated R], but I don’t think they’ll ever—I don’t know, we’re still in the very, very, early, early stages. We don’t even have a writer, we just talked very, very early stuff.”

http://collider.com/gambit-movie-det...hanning-tatum/

All this sounds like Gambit movie that I would love to see.

That's a silly thing for him to say. There's no script, no director, no cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    You are an Oakland A's fan!!! *gasp* - Yankees here. LMAO. Back to the topic.

All I want and I think we all want this is a really good film. The story will be key and with Gambit you don't need tons of special effects. He's never reliant on his powers so you do that stuff when needed. I think they should take a James Bond approach with mutant powers.
    I always root for the underdog although I started following them when I was a kid mainly because green was my favorite color and I liked elephants. Not from the US so I had to be creative with my loyalties.

Yeah the good thing with Gambit which is similar to Wolverine is that you don't have to spend a lot of money on their powers and thus can save the special effects for the villains and big action scenes which tend to be less frequent than having to spend it on the lead guy who is going to be in the movie for 2 hours.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I wouldn't say late 2015 is unreasonable for a Gambit solo film. Much of Hollywood depends on how serious people are about things. If all involved want it released before the Apocalypse movie they can get it done. This is not going to be a Hollywood Blockbuster ie a 200 million dollar movie so if the budget is like a modest 75 to 125 million then a Thanksgiving 2015 or Christmas 2015 release is doable. They would just need to get all their ducks in a row to start shooting by say October to January this year. Thats like 4 to 7 months to get a script and sign on the various talent.

Just to put things in perspective. X-men First Class took 10 months from the time shooting began to when it was released which is why plenty of people were complaining that it was rushed before they saw it. DOFP began shooting in April 2013 and was released about 13 months later in May 2014. So given the likely smaller budget and less CGI which is where a lot of the post production and editing comes in, it's definitely doable.
    Last edited by remydat; 06-06-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.