Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

I'm fairly neutral to him as an actor. His body doesn't seem like that much of a departure to me. He just needs to get "cut". I saw a commercial for the 21 Jump Stree sequel and I was like "He's gotten soft."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. While he definitely has the looks and the charm, I don't care if he's from the South...he needs to ooze Gambit and have the Cajun accent to boot. And while some people can pull off the accents, envisioning him saying 'mon chere' is laughable both laughable and cringeworthy.
    Didn't someone post a video of Tatum doing a Cajun accent a month or so ago?

BANNED

I feel bad for Gambit fans. I don't know if he's the right fit.

o

I'm glad this is progressing.. much quicker than Deadpool it seems. While a tiny smidgen of me is pissed Deadpool is still in a holding pattern, Gambit's one of my favorites and I can't wait to see this play out. I really wouldn't mind seeing him introduced as a much more badass horseman of apocalypse in the next x-men and then the spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Finding most of the fears kinda silly, I have to say. I mean, to each their own, but body type? Did McKellen fit Magneto's? Was Marsden remotely as broad-chested with hair flying as Jim Lee's Cyclops? Naked Mystique? Young Rogue? Young Iceman? Tall Wolverine. These all worked out pretty good, yeah?
    You kinda just made my point about casting and the body type. None of those were good and that is why I don't like the X movies. Also I would rather someone try to fit the Cajun role than dial it down.

Channing Tatum with long hair:

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

Eh, it's not like we can get into a time machine and get the Matthew McConaughey of 15 years ago to play Gambit, so I guess this is as good as it's gonna get.

Someone lankier would probably be more visually ideal, but, as has already been mentioned, it's not like Fox hasn't already sold us a Wolverine that's a foot too tall, and Huge Ackman wasn't the most successful product launch since oxygen.

The first two pictures of Tatum with long hair there resemble Gambit much more than the third ^^^. It's all about how they style it. I think he'll look the part fine.

Gambit will be introduced in X-men Apocalypse den get his own spin off which is really cool. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99972

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Again Channing seems like a nice guy but he really is mostly a pretty face and muscle his acting chops is not what he is known for.
    I'd dispute the part in italics. He seems like a sweet guy. But NO.

Ultimate Member

Apparently, he'll be introduced in X-Men: Apocalypse, and then potentially get his own spin-off film later. As for Tatum, the times that I've had problems with him is when they try to make him a straight-up badass. He has good comedic timing and he can be charming, both of which are traits that Gambit is known for. Plus, he's good with the ladies (another Gambit trait). I'm willing to at least give it a shot. So, if he's going to be in XM: Apocalypse, then I'm wondering if he'll end up being one of the Horsemen?

BANNED

If someone wanted to remake Micheal J. Fox's version of teen wolf they would save loads of cash on hair prosthetic.

Channing should pitch that movie instead

He's WAY too bulky to play Gambit.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ehhhhh. I'll have to wait and see him in action to really judge. As it stands, not very excited. I have a very low opinion of Tatum's acting ability, but who knows, maybe he'll surprise me.
    "I'm only playing devil's advocate, Professor. You've always encouraged us to dream... ...I just wondered what would happen if one of us had a dream you didn't like?"

I am sure that Tatum is great choice. I hope he will surprise everyone in good way.

I would like to see Remy introduced in Apocalypse as Marauders member and not as Horseman.