Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Everything sounds great so far.

One of my Dream was to see a Gambit movie and it is finally happening.

It’s starting to look like Gambit will have multiple shooting locations as Omega Underground has learned from a local source that the film will be shooting a large chunk of the film in New Orleans, spending ten weeks filming in the city to be exact starting.

Our expectation is that they’ll do some exterior shooting and then stage work at Big Easy Studios, where Fox shot Logan and Dawn of The Planet of the Apes.

This would only be a little over two months, giving the impression that Gambit will be seeking other filming locales than just New Orleans.

Two other possible locales we think could be good candidates include Paris and London, that’s if Bella Donna is still expected to be Parisian in the film and British mutant Mister Sinister (Daniel Craig rumored at one point) shows up.

There’s actually exceedingly good chance production could head to the United Kingdom due to another Channing Tatum project shooting there during Gambit’s filming schedule.

Channing Tatum just happens to be producing another comic book film titled Zombie Brother, which will be directed by Kung Fury’s David Sandberg. It’s expected to be filming in London between March-June. As a producer, Tatum might want to be close to that shoot and we know that New Orleans is unlikely the only locale.

One potential stage location could be Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden. Tatum just happened to film Kingsman: The Golden Circle (another Fox comic book film) there.

At the moment, New Orleans is the only location confirmed but we’ll keep you posted if anything changes about secondary locations on the film.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    One of my Dream was to see a Gambit movie and it is finally happening.

It’s starting to look like Gambit will have multiple shooting locations as Omega Underground has learned from a local source that the film will be shooting a large chunk of the film in New Orleans, spending ten weeks filming in the city to be exact starting.

Our expectation is that they’ll do some exterior shooting and then stage work at Big Easy Studios, where Fox shot Logan and Dawn of The Planet of the Apes.

This would only be a little over two months, giving the impression that Gambit will be seeking other filming locales than just New Orleans.

Two other possible locales we think could be good candidates include Paris and London, that’s if Bella Donna is still expected to be Parisian in the film and British mutant Mister Sinister (Daniel Craig rumored at one point) shows up.

There’s actually exceedingly good chance production could head to the United Kingdom due to another Channing Tatum project shooting there during Gambit’s filming schedule.

Channing Tatum just happens to be producing another comic book film titled Zombie Brother, which will be directed by Kung Fury’s David Sandberg. It’s expected to be filming in London between March-June. As a producer, Tatum might want to be close to that shoot and we know that New Orleans is unlikely the only locale.

One potential stage location could be Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden. Tatum just happened to film Kingsman: The Golden Circle (another Fox comic book film) there.

At the moment, New Orleans is the only location confirmed but we’ll keep you posted if anything changes about secondary locations on the film.
    Leavesden is near Watford junction In the UK by the way.

Gambit is scheduled to begin in March in New Orleans, according to both the city and state's film offices.

Shooting under the working title "Forevermore," the project will be directed by "Pirates of the Caribbean" helmer Gore Verbinski and will continue for an estimated 70 days. Producers are eyeing a Feb. 14, 2019, release.

Budget details were unavailable, although the film's original 2015 filing with the state film office indicated at the time that it was operating with a $155 million budget. Of that, $112 million was earmarked for in-state spending, including $28.1 million for Louisiana payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Gambit is scheduled to begin in March in New Orleans, according to both the city and state's film offices.

Shooting under the working title "Forevermore," the project will be directed by "Pirates of the Caribbean" helmer Gore Verbinski and will continue for an estimated 70 days. Producers are eyeing a Feb. 14, 2019, release.

Budget details were unavailable, although the film's original 2015 filing with the state film office indicated at the time that it was operating with a $155 million budget. Of that, $112 million was earmarked for in-state spending, including $28.1 million for Louisiana payroll.
    I am glad they will do this before it hits Disney, just got out of last Jedi and that is already got avengers style humour creaping in. But am a bit worried they are rushing to tell their story before Disney can tinker.

I want this to be great.

Not sure how they are rushing when the movie has been delayed for ages and when they put the plan in place to film in Feb/March long before rumors of the Disney deal.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Damn 155m budget for Gambit? X-MEN: Apocalypse was only 178m

Wow
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

That was the old budget when news first broke. That budget has been slashed at least in half post Deadpool success I would think.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    That was the old budget when news first broke. That budget has been slashed at least in half post Deadpool success I would think.
    I think it will be around 120m range as they have updated the script following the success of Deadpool and Logan.

I guess we will see but 120m still seems a bit high for me. If you can make Deadpool for 60 million, I don't think you need to double it for Gambit. I'd maybe add 20-30 million for that to account for Gambit's powers costing more and filming in additional locations. And I still think that is awfully generous.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I think 100m is a good #
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Gambit Casting Call Hints at Remy’s Romantic Rival

https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-...-thrasher/amp/

Astonishing Member

That would be very random...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That would be very random...
    Will see. I never liked that character who is mentioned in article really.
    Never was of a fan of Layman's solo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I am glad they will do this before it hits Disney, just got out of last Jedi and that is already got avengers style humour creaping in. But am a bit worried they are rushing to tell their story before Disney can tinker.

I want this to be great.
    Do you honestly think a Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum is going to be as super serious as Logan was? Regardless of which studio developed it?