Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    Do you honestly think a Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum is going to be as super serious as Logan was? Regardless of which studio developed it?
    As serious as Logan? No. As comedic as Deadpool? Also no.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    As serious as Logan? No. As comedic as Deadpool? Also no.
    Its probably going to be much closer to the MCU tone than some people here want, especially when you got the director of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies helming it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    Its probably going to be much closer to the MCU tone than some people here want, especially when you got the director of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies helming it.
    It'll have its quips and one liners.. but in a typical Gambit sort of way. Not a cookie cutter.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Just cancel this movie
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Christopher from Omega Underground kinda ok with that and says that similar director situation right before production happend to Deadpool 2, First Class and DOFP. He asumes that new director will be announced soon and told: "They would have covered their bases before an announcement like this hit the trades. I'm sure they've already met with people."

Still hoping for the better.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm going to remain hopeful. There has already been so much work put into this film, and I think Fox will find someone else to direct it. As the company has said time and time again, they have to keep going forward as if the deal won't happen, and they need material to release. X-Men films make the studio money, and I still think Gambit will be made.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The kitty Pryde movie announcement right before this news makes more sense. FOX is really good at controlling negative reactions lol.

We'll see if it starts filming in March. Very interesting
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

They should give a female director like Lexi Alexander a chance. Could be a good fit for Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    The kitty Pryde movie announcement right before this news makes more sense. FOX is really good at controlling negative reactions lol.

We'll see if it starts filming in March. Very interesting
    The Kitty Pryde news has been largely negative though.

We’re they planning a Gambit movie before Channing Tatum was attached? I didn’t think they were but I can’t remember.

@shawnxmadden

Verbinski news is nuts. Expect a new Gambit director announced shortly as Fox is intent on sticking to that start date from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    We’re they planning a Gambit movie before Channing Tatum was attached? I didn’t think they were but I can’t remember.
    There were rumors of a Gambit movie prior to Wolverine Origins but that move got terrible reviews so Gambit was shelved. Then Shuler-Donner and Tatum revived it so it is pretty much because of those two, that things got started again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Gambit is seeing its release date move from Feb. 14, 2019 to June 7, 2019. The Channing Tatum vehicle just lost its director — Gore Verbinski exited Thursday — and the search is on for a replacement.

But studio insiders believe the project, which is described as having a heavy comedic tone as it revolves around a heist, will do better as a summer Marvel movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

@shawnxmadden

They're pretty deep in pre-production. Leitch was announced few weeks after Miller left Deadpool sequel. Expect news soon.

Additional Gambit note: Hearing Fox intends to bring the film to SDCC, so that's another reason I wouldn't expect any further delays.

just cancel it already