Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Channing Tatum was voted Sexiest Man Alive -- presumably by women -- in 2012, so the idea that he's too ugly is hilarious. Reminds me of the shaming women often have to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Channing Tatum was voted Sexiest Man Alive -- presumably by women -- in 2012, so the idea that he's too ugly is hilarious. Reminds me of the shaming women often have to endure.
    He might have nice muscles but his face is BLEH, and you can't possibly tell me he looks ANYTHING like Gambit. It has nothing to do with "shaming" or any such bs it's about who is right for the role.

BANNED

He doesn't have the same charisma Gambit has. Your one size fits all definition of "sexy" is SHAMING. Upper Case, Italic, BOLDED SHAMING.

BANNED

Heath Ledger doesn't look anything like the Joker. Fail casting.

And obviously he has enough charisma for women to be in love with him. He probably has more fans than Gumbo.

Heath Ledger doesn't look anything like the Joker. Fail casting.

And obviously he has enough charisma for women to be in love with him. He probably has more fans than Gumbo.
    The difference is Heath Ledger could act!

BANNED

You don't need significant acting abilities to play Gambit. lmao let's be real. Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street showed more than enough relevant acting chops to get the job done.

You don't need significant acting abilities to play Gambit. lmao let's be real. Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street showed more than enough relevant acting chops to get the job done.
    Your clear bias against the character is showing. What if it were Kitty being played by.. Megan Fox? Or that pathetic actress from the Twilight movies??? Because that's a about the equivalent of what we're dealing with here.

BANNED

Megan Fox is a sexpot so that's the exact opposite of what Kitty represents (whereas both Tatum and Gambit are considered hot). Kristen Stewart looks like Kitty and has shown that she can act, the biggest problem is that she doesn't give a ****. So if she showed some enthusiasm I actually wouldn't mind that casting at all. Compare that lack of interest to Tatum who is a huge fan and is excited to get into the role.

Megan Fox is a sexpot so that's the exact opposite of what Kitty represents (whereas both Tatum and Gambit are considered hot). Kristen Stewart looks like Kitty and has shown that she can act, the biggest problem is that she doesn't give a ****. So if she showed some enthusiasm I actually wouldn't mind that casting at all. Compare that lack of interest to Tatum who is a huge fan and is excited to get into the role.
    So then you'd accept any "actress" who showed interest? Regardless of their lack of ability or their not looking a thing like the character in anyway?!?

Great news. All this talk about whether he looks like Gambit is pretty silly to me. All I care about is that it's a big enough actor that Hollywood will trust him to do a solo movie and that the movie and role is good. Thank God, comic book fans don't decide whether movies get made or not because a Gambit movie would either never be made or the actor would look exactly like Gambit and the movie would go on to make like 20 million at the box office.

Hollywood doesn't give a **** about the 25k fans that buy a comic Gambit is in nor should they. They care about the potential millions that will actually go to a movie and want an actor that will get them to come out. To me of all the people bandied about, Tatum is the most likely to do that. Period.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    The difference is Heath Ledger could act!
    Didn't stop thousands of Batman fans from crying about his casting and being proven dead wrong. And whether he could actually act at that point in time is debatable. He roles outside of Brokeback Mountain were not exactly top notch dramatic movies. Most knew the kid as the dude from 10 things I hate about you.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Depends on the type of movie. If they are going to explore his darker history with the Guilds and/or Sinister then you certainly need an actor who can be both carefree and cavalier as well as brooding and tortured. Not that I think Tatum can't pull it off because I think people are being too dismissive of him mainly because they don't think he looks like Gambit which should frankly be one of the last things to worry about.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

First Kristen Stewart sucks. Ellen page is a perfect kitty. Changing tatum while not my choose is ok. And why dont we judge on the merit of his performance first. If he's in x-men apocalypse it might me ok. If it does well ill support a gambit solo movie
    X-Men Forever

Still want to see Jenna Dewan Tatum as Rogue.

Not to even mention the fact that Tatum is WAY too old to play Apocaylpse era Remy.

I won't be buying a ticket to see him ruin Gambit on screen, you all can enjoy the travesty.