Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I get why hardcore fans want a Guild focused Origin story. And if that's what it is I'll still see it and likely enjoy it. But I worry it won't have as much success as if they did a story where the origin is integrated into the bigger X-universe and more current timeline. No one but hardcore fans knows Belladonna, Candra, Jean-Luc, etc. It might still work, but you'll have a harder time getting buts in seats than if you had some more popular recognizable X-characters included.
    I’ve always thought a solo movie is a bad ideal. Tatum’s version of Gambit should’ve been introduced in the X-Men before a solo movie happens. I guess he was supposed to appear in Apocalypse, but that idea was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’ve always thought a solo movie is a bad ideal. Tatum’s version of Gambit should’ve been introduced in the X-Men before a solo movie happens. I guess he was supposed to appear in Apocalypse, but that idea was scrapped.
    I think he was supposed to be in Apocalypse and for whatever reason Psylocke got his part.

I get why hardcore fans want a Guild focused Origin story. And if that's what it is I'll still see it and likely enjoy it. But I worry it won't have as much success as if they did a story where the origin is integrated into the bigger X-universe and more current timeline. No one but hardcore fans knows Belladonna, Candra, Jean-Luc, etc. It might still work, but you'll have a harder time getting buts in seats than if you had some more popular recognizable X-characters included.
    Most people who watch are casual fans who know very little about the comics. They watch based off of the marketing. Who in the Deadpool movie was recognizable? Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Ajax? Colossus I suppose some people know but the dude is one of the more boring X-men.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

No, I think a light Cajun accent with use of some Cajun French phrases/curses/interjections would be sufficient. Thinking along the lines of XTAS without the cheesy third person references. As with any accent, there are degrees of intensity.
    A 2014 Channing Tatum interview:

https://v5.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/...es-484631.html

Mighty Member

They still making a Gambit movie?

Yeah right.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This project with FOX I doubt very much that it comes to light, since marvel recovered the rights of the mutants no?

And DPhoenix and New Mutnats were already very advanced in recording is normal can still come to light, but Gambit is not even a cast.

_______

And this is the best thing that could happen, marvel make this movie from scratch, and start planning everything again (including all the cast) I'm sorry Tatum is not Gambit, he does not seem to have a good body, or siqueira when he was thin , much less now that he is almost always obese, he is a terrible choice for Gambit as Paquin was in the past for Rogue.

Tatum also looks quite old now, in addition to fat and little fitness, and he does not see anything agile, nothing to do with Remy.

Taylor does give a good profile for Gambit, unfortunately in the Wolvierine movie it was nothing more than a joke, so I would not like to be associated with that Gambit, so I prefer other options to match the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    They still making a Gambit movie?
    I think that would be harmful, since Fox lost the rights, Marvel should do it from scratch.

And for God without Tatum, it would be a patetic option for Gambit, it does not give the sensation of being agile, and his physical is terrible, this old and fat, Gambit although some do not believe it, is among the youngest of the X- Men, he must be just a little older than Colossus, which in his turn is a couple of years older than Rogue nothing more.

So Gambit should be interpreted by someone who looks young, I do not say that someone can not interpret it in his 30's or 40's if they still look a lot more jovial, because there are nacrores who look younger than their real age , but it is not the case of Tatum he looks quite emaciated, and he already looks older.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    If it is an origin story then Rogue has no business in it. She already had plenty of movie time in the original movies. If a Gambit movie happens, it needs to be about Gambit not Gambit and Rogue.

Maybe if there is a sequel or a Marvel reboot then it may make sense for her to appear.
    For you Rogue should not be related in anything of the life of Gambit, but lamentably for you Rogue is VERY IMPORTANT in the history of Gambit and who is as a character.

A good movie should include Rogue even in a small cameo, proving that this will be his girl.

It is a film noe it is very difficult to make a cameo, even if it is only the initial story of Remy, both are Southerners and both (Rogue at the beginning) were not precisely a models of good behavior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I think that would be harmful, since Fox lost the rights, Marvel should do it from scratch.
    Fox didn't "lose" the rights.

And for God without Tatum, it would be a patetic option for Gambit, it does not give the sensation of being agile, and his physical is terrible, this old and fat...

Gee, you'd almost think they didn't have these things called "trainers" and "gyms" that would help actors get into shape for these sorts of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If it's his origin story, shouldn't he be, like, a teenager?
    It's what I say, instead of that there is an actor that only gives the kind of a pretty old gambit, much bigger than what is seen in the comics, terrible cast, what is most lazy in this film of FOX is precisely that Tatum is gambit, he does not give for the role, the best thing that can happen is that marvel takes charge of this film and that tatum is out of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fox didn't "lose" the rights.

Gee, you'd almost think they didn't have these things called "trainers" and "gyms" that would help actors get into shape for these sorts of parts.
    SOOOO

Gambit was a pretty young character, flight and I repeat it, tatum looks old, AND THE EVEN IN THE CURRENT MOVIES THAT SUPPOSEDLY, is in shape, has no bad body, the structure of his body is not good, and does not hold well trainings, also has some ridiculous chicken legs, plus even "thin" tatum is still looking fat, in addition to very old, what will they do? make multiple aesthetic surgeries lol.

For that that someone is chosen if he defends well character.

Tatum is already to play Corsair Summers, or someone of that age range, and not because of the age he really has, but because he really does not look young.

We have to be realists.

I love the character and I am one of the first ones who wanted it in the X-Men movies, but not with an actor that did not measure up, and tatum is a patetic option for many reasons, Taylor was a thousand times better Gambit, I feel for the tatum fans but it's the truth.

He looks older than Ryan Reynolds, but at least Rayan always looks thin, or with a body in shape and muscle, Tatum does not, always looks fatter than anything else, and his body is weird, the difference Ryan can play to Wade, he gives the character, and although he is already beginning to notice the age, Ryan is well preserved, and good Deadpool is with his face burnt that gives Ryan the chance to interpret him for life, if so lod esaa XD .

But gambit must look young, and this actor does not measure up, starting with the weight and the type of body, but the worst thing is that tatum already looks old, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It’s always hard to find an actor that facially looks like a superhero, most don’t. Tatum has the right built 6’1” 180 pounds.
    Tatum has trained in martial arts and he grew up in Mississippi near NOLA around Cajun folks. So I think he’s the right actor to play Gambit.
    Only thing I’m worry about is he is 38 years old, that too old, but Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds are too old for StarLord and Deadpool respectably.
    The difference is that Ryan is well preserved, and has always had a very good body, Tatum has a terrible body, is rather fat, that in form, and when it is "in good shape" I do not seem to have a good body.

Age does not matter, but as you see, they are actors, if they look younger they can play characters younger than the real age the actor has.

Ryan is well preserved, also Deadppol is a character with a face burned / with facial markings, Ryan can comfortably play Wade for the rest of his life, also now I think the best option for Deadpool.

But Tatum? 38 years old? by appearance someone who does not know about tatum would say that it is ending the 40's or at the beginning of the 50's, the truth is very poorly preserved.

That it has grown close to Remy's place of origin, does not mean that it is the best option, because it is not, physically there are dozens of better options, in fact it is my main complaint, physically I think it is one of the worst options they could look for, and as an actor, let's say that it does not seem to start anything that he is a good act, but hey it's a movie of super heroes, you can pass this a little, but the physicist does not, Tatum does not give the paper at all, especially because he looks too old, in addition to out of shape, but really the old that is seen is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    For you Rogue should not be related in anything of the life of Gambit, but lamentably for you Rogue is VERY IMPORTANT in the history of Gambit and who is as a character.

A good movie should include Rogue even in a small cameo, proving that this will be his girl.

It is a film noe it is very difficult to make a cameo, even if it is only the initial story of Remy, both are Southerners and both (Rogue at the beginning) were not precisely a models of good behavior.
    Perhaps you missed the point about it being an origin story. Rogue is not part of Gambit's origin story. Further Gambit was nowhere to be seen when Rogue debuted in the movies. This fixation with Gambit always needing Rogue to be included is odd. Rogue has plenty of stories without Gambit and Gambit should be allowed to have stories without Rogue particularly as a debut.

Rogue can appear in later films once Gambit becomes an X-man but the first movie should focus on his time prior to joining the X-men perhaps ending with Storm recruiting him as contrary to popular belief, the reason he is an X-man is because of his relationship with Storm not Rogue.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-24-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps you missed the point about it being an origin story. Rogue is not part of Gambit's origin story. Further Gambit was nowhere to be seen when Rogue debuted in the movies. This fixation with Gambit always needing Rogue to be included is odd. Rogue has plenty of stories without Gambit and Gambit should be allowed to have stories without Rogue particularly as a debut.

Rogue can appear in later films once Gambit becomes an X-man but the first movie should focus on his time prior to joining the X-men perhaps ending with Storm recruiting him as contrary to popular belief, the reason he is an X-man is because of his relationship with Storm not Rogue.
    I agree with this. If this film ever gets made which i doubt now. It should take inspiration from the first gambit mini. Id love to see all that on screen. And yes no rogue shes not needed
    X-Men Forever