Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

Tatum is already to play Corsair Summers, or someone of that age range, and not because of the age he really has, but because he really does not look young.
    I really like that idea. Agreed, though, he's just getting too old now. At least for the MCU
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I really like that idea. Agreed, though, he's just getting too old now. At least for the MCU
    Yes but we talk about comics, we know how slow they are, and Gambit is the youngest iconic X-Men, and Rogue even more, despite being married and they are quite younger than Storm Jean Scott and the rest of the originals , and a few years older than Kitty Rogue and Colossus.

If there is a reboot there will be, in optimal conditions, they must respect that, that at least Rogue and Gambit have a fairly youthful appearance (you do not have to see adolescents but look young), something that Tatum does not have.

With Corsair it would be fine, because he is a middle-aged man, but Tatum for Gambit does not give the paper at all.

Although Gambit and Rogue have children (which I see very unlikely in the ortho term), we will only see them as teenagers or elders in alternative versions or make time travel.

If they have a baby it will stay stagnant in the baby range or 5 years no more, the time of the comcis is variable, but they manage to not much bigger than their characters.

So in the next two decades Rogue and Gambit should not even be to reach the 30, at least not Rogue and Gambit if just barely be there, and speak in the next 20 years, because they are still quite young today.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps you missed the point about it being an origin story. Rogue is not part of Gambit's origin story. Further Gambit was nowhere to be seen when Rogue debuted in the movies. This fixation with Gambit always needing Rogue to be included is odd. Rogue has plenty of stories without Gambit and Gambit should be allowed to have stories without Rogue particularly as a debut.

Rogue can appear in later films once Gambit becomes an X-man but the first movie should focus on his time prior to joining the X-men perhaps ending with Storm recruiting him as contrary to popular belief, the reason he is an X-man is because of his relationship with Storm not Rogue.
    No, I did not lose it, and no, for the comics it's fine, but for a movie, you should cover more, than your past with the guilds lol, but if you want to include it later in the next X-Men movies, and one of those things can be their beginnings relating to Sinister, andYES KNOW OR LINK WITH ROGUE, obviously she should not be on stage so as not to overshadow him in the fights and that, but if he should make a decent cameo (as Vanessa was with Deadpool in his movies ), and that the new fans relate, and are interested in comics.

I'm not talking about a shared movie, but I'm talking about an inclusion that sparks interest to attract more fans to comics.

Obviously this idea does not please you, but it does not take away the fact of how important Rogue is for Gambit.

But my point of discussion is not that, I could accept a first film of Gambit without Rogue, although I love it even if it is a final cameo, to give the sequence of which will be a couple proximanete in the cinema too, THE QUESTION OF MY FIGHT IS, the actor is the worst Gambit they could get, hopefully the movie will be frozen and marve / disney will resume and make a new cast, which I hope will be without Tatum.

Tatum is to play Corsair, or even Jean Luc Lebeau, but Remy? no thanks. XD

If Storm introduced him to the XMen, but clearly he stayed with them BY ROGUE, YOU LIKE OR NOT.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 08-24-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps you missed the point about it being an origin story. Rogue is not part of Gambit's origin story. Further Gambit was nowhere to be seen when Rogue debuted in the movies. This fixation with Gambit always needing Rogue to be included is odd. Rogue has plenty of stories without Gambit and Gambit should be allowed to have stories without Rogue particularly as a debut.

Rogue can appear in later films once Gambit becomes an X-man but the first movie should focus on his time prior to joining the X-men perhaps ending with Storm recruiting him as contrary to popular belief, the reason he is an X-man is because of his relationship with Storm not Rogue.
    Yes and yes please.

BANNED

When has Tatum ever been known as too fat? The guy that is shirtless in every movie. Are you kidding me? He has a wider built frame than Reynolds, but surely not fat.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-24-2018 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

He looks older than Ryan Reynolds, but at least Rayan always looks thin, or with a body in shape and muscle, Tatum does not, always looks fatter than anything else, and his body is weird, the difference Ryan can play to Wade, he gives the character, and although he is already beginning to notice the age, Ryan is well preserved, and good Deadpool is with his face burnt that gives Ryan the chance to interpret him for life, if so lod esaa XD .

But gambit must look young, and this actor does not measure up, starting with the weight and the type of body, but the worst thing is that tatum already looks old, sorry.
    Whoever said Deadpool and Gambit suppose the have the same body type?
    As far as who looks older, I think Reynolds looks older, but that all a matter of opinion.

No one ever complains how old Chris Pratt looks.
    Pratt is 39 and looks 45
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-24-2018 at 11:36 AM.

BANNED

Channing will be deal of old age before this movie gets made.

BANNED

Has Marvel ever implied Gambit’s age is in his 20’s?

With different versions and timelines Gambit could be in his teens, 20’s, 30’s or 40’s.
    His age was never an issue and nobody cared until now.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post

With different versions and timelines Gambit could be in his teens, 20’s, 30’s or 40’s.
    Well, he does look really old on the cover of Red #3, but I'm pretty sure that's just weird art.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, he does look really old on the cover of Red #3, but I'm pretty sure that's just weird art.
    That cover looks older than Tatum

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

That cover looks older than Tatum
    Yeah. Most of those covers are beautiful, but that one makes him look like a fit grandpa.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Considering he was once teased as a Summers Brother, I think Marvel implied he was at least younger than Havok, which would place him in his 20s BUT he wasnt so thats not something that can be taken as fact

BANNED

They are making him look older and more like Tatum.

http://ultimatecomics.com/wp-content...tograph-83.jpg

They are making him look older and more like Tatum.

http://ultimatecomics.com/wp-content...tograph-83.jpg
    I would say older, but not really more like Tatum. Someone once joked that Gambit is just aging normally in comparison to other characters who were dead for a few years or have healing factors.

When has Tatum ever been known as too fat? The guy that is shirtless in every movie. Are you kidding me? He has a wider built frame than Reynolds, but surely not fat.

I train in gym all my life, and Tatum does not have a good body, Reynolds does, and if the normal condition of him is to be somewhat fat.

Reynolds has a perfect physical and muscular condition to develop good body, Tatum on the other hand has a clear retention of adipose tissue and fluids.

That's why every time a movie ends it is fat, or flaccid if you want to see it that way, and no, even in many of its movies when it is supposed to be in shape you do not see good body, at least not for a person who suppose trains like he does.

It is nothing to do with gambit, which is muscular and athletic, not a subject that clearly has problems with fat and fluid retention.

X_X

X_X

I am very sorry, but he is not Gambit, neither in this life nor in the next.

I'm sorry for the Tatum fans, but he looks a lot older than he is, and he does not have a good body, Brad Pitt is much older than him and he has a better body, the same Reynolds.