Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, that still meshes with younger than them. The O5 are all at least 30.
    The X-Men movies timelines is wacky, so age of a characters don’t mean anything.
    Look at Deadpool 2, there was a refers about Beyoncé and Obama, but we saw a glance of 1980’s X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Is there any piece of new information that says the movie is actually going to happen? Otherwise I don't understand why this thread has been so active recently
    I wonder the same thing. Why not make a movie with Rogue and Gambit having adventures. I want a proper southern belle with sassy attitude and fighting skills.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

With all the delays, if this movie is ever made, it better be good

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I wonder the same thing. Why not make a movie with Rogue and Gambit having adventures. I want a proper southern belle with sassy attitude and fighting skills.
    Think it would be far better for both characters to establish a history independent of each other before running around together. They both had lives prior to meeting and falling in love with each other that makes the fact they fell in love more meaningful.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Think it would be far better for both characters to establish a history independent of each other before running around together. They both had lives prior to meeting and falling in love with each other that makes the fact they fell in love more meaningful.
    Agreed. Why would there be any other way?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Agreed. Why would there be any other way?
    Well some were suggesting Rogue already appear in a Gambit movie or for it to be a Rogue and Gambit movie.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Well some were suggesting Rogue already appear in a Gambit movie or for it to be a Rogue and Gambit movie.
    Maybe the second movie, if there’s a first movie

I'm not advocating a Gambit and Rogue movie actually. That makes less sense to me. Do the origin story, yes. But origin stories can be a hard sell. My thought was more of a Rogue and Storm cameo toward the middle or end, IF they decide to tie in the X-Men which I think they should. Obviously Storm would need to be the main recruiter to be true to comics, though they would have to alter the story a bit since the de-aged Storm story is probably too out there for a movie. But my point was even a small appearance by other characters that are hugely popular, recognized, and highly connected to Gambit would give the movie a boost it could probably use by leveraging the popularity of XTAS and the wider X-fan base. Because that is probably how most people, especially those who never read comics but do like superhero movies, will know him from. And given the number of fans clamoring to see a Storm and Rogue that are more like their XTAS presentation, it would help. And while WE know Storm is highly connected to Gambit, it's not super obvious to a casual comic reader or an old XTAS fan. So what popular character is he most associated with AND has appeared in nearly all of his solo series at some point and he has appeared in nearly all of hers? Yep, that would be Rogue. But yes, it's important that she isn't there to steal the spotlight or become the focus of the story. And a heist story doesn't suit her well anyway. I assume we will see his romance and break up with Belladonna and she will be the major female lead and romantic interest. But given they will break up, a tease of meeting Rogue after joining the X-Men and quippy flirty conversation with her would be a nice way to end the story imo.

Course at this point, not sure there will be a movie so hardly worth arguing over anyway.

To me the movie should end with him first meeting Storm. I think any sort of meeting and interaction with Rogue should be saved for later. The one thing that may make sense for a Rogue cameo would be if they covered the MM, we could have a scene where the X-men (Storm, Arc Angel, Rogue, etc.) are battling it out with the Marauders after they had neutralized Gambit.

So Rogue and Gambit never actually meet in the Morlock tunnels but we flip between Gambit and the X-men's point of view. Maybe Gambit even helps the X-men defeat the Marauders without them ever seeing him or realizing it because they are in a weakened state after the initial encounter with Gambit or Gambit takes a couple of them out in another part of the tunnels and all the X-men see is an unconscious/dead body and don't know what happened.

I'd also maybe tweak the story a bit where Gambit is the one that tipped off the X-men because he knew something bad was going to go down but couldn't take on all of the Marauders himself or get away. So instead he tips off the X-men somehow but they arrive too late when the massacre has already begun.

Although I would probably prefer the MM be dealt with as a separate movie rather than part of the origin.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-29-2018 at 05:11 PM.

BANNED

I’m expecting an announcement about this movie within a couple of weeks.
    I feel it’s going to be good news.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-29-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’m expecting an announcement about this movie within a couple of weeks.
    I feel it’s going to be good news.
    I admire your optimism.

Has it really been 4 years since Channing was cast as Gambit? Where did the time go?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Has it really been 4 years since Channing was cast as Gambit? Where did the time go?
    Four long years
    I remember the release date of October 7, 2016

I need some real update on this movie. That silence is disturbing.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I need some real update on this movie. That silence is disturbing.
    I honestly feel the movie is dead. FOX will keep it on it's "Slate" until the Disney acquisition is final to save face.
    L'Enfer !