Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

So that's interesting! I would be lying if I said I wasn't kind of into this. If it can hit the XTAS, early 90's, and MMX feel that is. As they said in the article though, it's just the mood/lean of the movie. He's also calling Logan a Western.

So the REAL question is who the female lead would be if there was one. Though I hope they stick with the original heist plan and that we still get the back story with the Thieves Guild and New Orleans. Like it or not though, I still think bringing Rogue in would elevate the profile of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So that's interesting! I would be lying if I said I wasn't kind of into this. If it can hit the XTAS, early 90's, and MMX feel that is. As they said in the article though, it's just the mood/lean of the movie. He's also calling Logan a Western.

So the REAL question is who the female lead would be if there was one. Though I hope they stick with the original heist plan and that we still get the back story with the Thieves Guild and New Orleans. Like it or not though, I still think bringing Rogue in would elevate the profile of the movie.
    It seems they have changed the script which is the reason for the delay. I won't mind if Kelly was consulted for the movie and it would be awesome if we can get a something similar to MMX especially after the introduction of aliens with the DarkPhoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    How is any of this going to happen?
    Even when the merge happens Fox will still be a studio, It will take Disney a year or so to figure out how to split things up and use them. The merger isn't going to make them magically disappear and projects in the pipeline can still happen

What I'm reading is whatever they get into production before the merger is final is still fair game for them release. So if they actually film in February, it could happen.

I wouldn't panic about the "RomCom" thing. I would say the Deadpool movie was a RomCom in it's own way. Saw it on Valentine's Day in fact - best date movie ever! All this means is there is probably a female lead or some significant flirting or banter, which is spot on for Gambit even if they take a dark, gritty angle. Joking in the face of danger is kind of his thing.

BANNED

A romantic and sex comedy, that does fit Gambit. Starting early next year(we heard this before)
    I guess the June 7th date is scraped

Possible new dates:
    There is an Untitled Fox Marvel March 6, 2020
    Also an Untitled Disney live action on Feb 14, 2020
    It maybe possible it could make the Untitled Fox Marvel date on Nov. 22, 2019
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-27-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Even when the merge happens Fox will still be a studio, It will take Disney a year or so to figure out how to split things up and use them. The merger isn't going to make them magically disappear and projects in the pipeline can still happen
    But where is the cutoff point where a project is deemed too early to be worth finishing?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Don’t assume Disney is going to scrap this project.

Didn't they also say that Ant-Man and Wasp was a romantic comedy? But then it really wasn't.

Not that it matters much. This movie has a very little chance of getting made anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Didn't they also say that Ant-Man and Wasp was a romantic comedy? But then it really wasn't.

Not that it matters much. This movie has a very little chance of getting made anyway.
    Kinberg said the term “romantic or sex comedy” is used loosely.
    And it’s a real superhero movie with heroes and villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Сool! I am ready

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    A romantic and sex comedy, that does fit Gambit. Starting early next year(we heard this before)
    I guess the June 7th date is scraped

Possible new dates:
    There is an Untitled Fox Marvel March 6, 2020
    Also an Untitled Disney live action on Feb 14, 2020
    It maybe possible it could make the Untitled Fox Marvel date on Nov. 22, 2019
    I don`t think that Nov. 22, 2019 is possible. Feb 14, 2020 is my bet.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-28-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Сool! I am ready
    Looks like your hope is what is keeping the movie alive.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Looks like your hope is what is keeping the movie alive.
    Tatum and others put a lot of effort in this movie. No way it will just fade away

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Oh, but I though Fox movies were so serious, and only MCU movies are jokey...
    The original plan of the film was to follow the footprints of Logan unless there are now external influences on the films beyond what Fox can control.

Gambit should be serious. His back story is. If X-Men TAS made the Xternally Yours episode serious, compelling and tragic. The movie could do better.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-28-2018 at 01:17 AM.