Page 70 of 104 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Iger can’t take control of the XMen, because the Donner Company, not Fox owns the characters rights.
    Marvel give the rights to Fox, then Fox give there rights to Donner

Astonishing Member

Fox did not give the rights to Donner, why on earth would they? She helped negotiate fox originally buying the rights. That doesn't make her the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Fox did not give the rights to Donner, why on earth would they? She helped negotiate fox originally buying the rights. That doesn't make her the owner.
    Because reddit and clickbait websites have ran this theory like fact. When LSD in reality secured the rights for Fox. I mean wouldn't every article had been Disney gets Fox but Marvel doesn't get X-Men if this was true? I can't understand how people think this even might be true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Because reddit and clickbait websites have ran this theory like fact. When LSD in reality secured the rights for Fox. I mean wouldn't every article had been Disney gets Fox but Marvel doesn't get X-Men if this was true? I can't understand how people think this even might be true.
    Big studios don’t produce movies anymore, they will contract production rights to a production company. The big studio will finance and promote the movie. Fox contracted the XMen production rights to The Donner Company with Marvel blessings in the early 90’s.
    At that time Marvel Studios didn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    You guys got to get Rogue off the brain. She will not be in this movie (if it happens). It'd be too much to introduce both characters with neither of them being in an earlier film. If Bella is in it, all you have to do is talk about Assassin Guild in passing and boom, her background is done. Rogue is way too complicated and comes with too much implications that would follow.

I don't even understand why anyone is even listening to Kinberg to begin with. By the way development is going, actual development; casting, location scouting, crew hiring, permits etc. (you cant keep this stuff secret) this movie is still two years away from the theater and at least one year from shooting. He doesnt even have a finished script anymore. It's October, and the only actor they have is Tatum, who up until last week heard no new news. No way they start shooting in Feb 19'. Not to mention... people... Disney is not going to greenlight this or any Fox X-Men movie after the buyout goes into play. Iger already said they'll be taking over management of the X-Men and FF.

As for the date move with DP, it was moved for two reasons 1. so Alita Battle Angel could move to the Feb date to escape the crowded holiday season and 2. To capitalize on the Chinese market for their New Year. John Campea said its because they have faith that it'll do well in the summer. I dont buy that. If it's in the Summer I think it just has more of a chance to make more money than in Feb because people are just more willing to go to the movies in the Summer opposed to the Winter. Now, if DP got pushed back almost half a year, do we think they'll still make that Gambit Feb shooting date? I don't. They'll still be wrapped up with Dark Phoenix marketing and development, not to mention poor New Mutants. I really dont want you guys to be disappointed by this again.
    You know I'm just spitballing here though, right? The whole thing is wholly hypothetical. I won't believe it's actually happening until it goes into production.

My only point is that a percentage of movie goers, possibly a larger one, may have preconceived expectations about who else they expect in a Gambit movie based on what they know from pop culture. It may not keep butts out of seats, but I could see disappointment if it seems contrived or inaccurate.

I actually don't think you'd have to spend that much time on background for Rogue. In Deadpool they barely gave us any for Cable. Fans already know it and casual watchers only need the very surface info.

I'm already accepting that Rogue is highly unlikely to appear.

I simply think it's a missed opportunity from a marketing standpoint, especially if they want to emphasize comedy and romance and pull on 90's nostalgia. Especially the comedy angle, it just doesn't ring true for the comics or XTAS persona of Belle. Hence they may have to change her character's personality to fit the role. If they were sticking to a darker origin story around NOLA, then yes use Belle and play up the tragic romance. I feel like what they are aiming for is a weird amalgamation of her and Rogue's personalities. That would make this movie disappointing for me for sure. Would it impact it's perception among general audiences? Hard to say. I think XTAS fans will just be annoyed or confused. Some characters are automatically associated with other characters, both in comics and general pop culture. It would be very interesting to do a poll on Twitter and find out what other character is most associated with Gambit don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Big studios don’t produce movies anymore, they will contract production rights to a production company. The big studio will finance and promote the movie. Fox contracted the XMen production rights to The Donner Company with Marvel blessings in the early 90’s.
    At that time Marvel Studios didn’t exist.
    Big Studios do own film rights which Fox does Donner doesn't and never have owned the Film Rights.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-merger-moved-up-to-2018/

Seems like the merger could happen sooner.
    I wanted this movie to be made but after all the problems I lost all my faith in this project, honestly I rather no movie than a rushed and poorly done one.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Iger can’t take control of the XMen, because the Donner Company, not Fox owns the characters rights.
    Marvel give the rights to Fox, then Fox give there rights to Donner
    what the heck are you talking about?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Big Studios do own film rights which Fox does Donner doesn't and never have owned the Film Rights.
    You’re wrong, Why are people having a problem with this?
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-04-2018 at 03:05 PM.

You’re wrong, Why are people having a problem with this?
    It makes no sense.

BANNED

It makes no sense.
    I don’t understand why is this a problem.
    Donner said she be happy working with Feige.

“Sure, why not?” said Shuler Donner. “Look, it’s 18 months away, so who knows. For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first ‘X-Men.’ Kevin and I started the ‘X-Men’ together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...KGVGMIVde6K.99

Sounds like she is not going anywhere.

I don’t understand why is this a problem.
    Donner said she be happy working with Feige.

“Sure, why not?” said Shuler Donner. “Look, it’s 18 months away, so who knows. For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first ‘X-Men.’ Kevin and I started the ‘X-Men’ together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...KGVGMIVde6K.99

Sounds like she is not going anywhere.
    Of course she said that. She wants to keep her job. She doesn't own the X-Men. She worked for Fox. 21 Century Fox is being bought by Disney. What would you rather she say? "Hell no?" The company she works for is being bought by another studio. They have their own execs and producers. They aren't hiring the whole Fox Studio. Just absorbing their catalog and licenses.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Of course she said that. She wants to keep her job. She doesn't own the X-Men. She worked for Fox. 21 Century Fox is being bought by Disney. What would you rather she say? "Hell no?" The company she works for is being bought by another studio. They have their own execs and producers. They aren't hiring the whole Fox Studio. Just absorbing their catalog and licenses.
    That is totally wrong, she does not work for Fox. She and her husband own the Donner Company which has the rights to the XMen characters.

That is totally wrong, she does not work for Fox. She and her husband own the Donner Company which has the rights to the XMen characters.
    ...I just read several pages about the Donner Company and nothing says they own any piece of the X-Men. It credits them as producers and a production company.
    Guild Member

BANNED

...I just read several pages about the Donner Company and nothing says they own any piece of the X-Men. It credits them as producers and a production company.
    She produces the character, basicially other producer can’t make a movie or TV show using any XMen characters without her permission.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:59 PM.