Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    As much as I would prefer R, I'm betting they would go with PG-13
    Unfortunately, you might be right.
    Deadpool 2 is being re-release in December with a PG-13 rating. I think Disney wants to see how it plays with the audience.
    I would hate to see the Deadpool franchise became PG-13, but now it belongs to Disney.
    Disney don’t do R rated movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Deadpool 2 is being re-release in December with a PG-13 rating. I think Disney wants to see how it plays with the audience.
    I would hate to see the Deadpool franchise became PG-13, but now it belongs to Disney.
    I think we should check with those infallible reddit sources.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think we should check with those infallible reddit sources.
    You are trolling.
    But I also had reputable source with you choose to ignore.
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-13-2018 at 10:17 PM.

You do know Disney has no say in what Fox does as of yet, right? This was Fox and Reynolds alone. And I'm pretty sure this cut is just one big 2 hour long joke anyway, not just a censored version of the original movie.

By the way, Disney does do R-rated movies.

Disney made a promise to keep Deadpool rated R, (Although I personally never bought into it but some fans did) if they go back on that promise they might as well not even make xmen movies at all.

the problem with disney's pg 13 is, compared to other movies, it is more U than pg 13. Most xmen movies are pg 13 but in disney's world they will be the equivalent of R due to the violence, heaviness, nudity and tone.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-13-2018 at 11:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You do know Disney has no say in what Fox does as of yet, right? This was Fox and Reynolds alone. And I'm pretty sure this cut is just one big 2 hour long joke anyway, not just a censored version of the original movie.

By the way, Disney does do R-rated movies.
    What R rated movie has Disney release since 2010?

What R rated movie has Disney release since 2010
    I think the answer is None. If you look at the past marvel movies since 2010 they have gotten more family friendly in the shallowest of ways and severely colourful over the years.

So your argument is "because they haven't done it recently, they'll never do it again."?

Disney, like any other business, cares about money. If they see money in R, you bet your ass they'll make it.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-14-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Since Rogue won't be in it I vote "R" too... because a "lovey dovey" story wouldn't fit without her.
    However, I'm down with "R" WITH Rogue in it too.
    Gambit was very Lovey Dovey with Bella Donna too. No origin's story of Gambit should ever take away Bella as his first love. I still won't go down with R unless the story needs it. Example, if the mutant massacre is part of the move. I still think the movie will work with pg 13 pushing the boundaries of PG. Gambit and Rogue can have a love scene in future movies similar to Titanic and that was pg 13.

The Nextflix shows are both Marvel and R released after 2010 yeah they aren't movies but they are proof Disney is willing to do R stuff with Marvel properties but not under the direct brand. Disney already mention they will use Hulu to for the mature content it is acquiring. It is not stretch they could release mature stuff in the future if it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Nextflix shows are both Marvel and R released after 2010 yeah they aren't movies but they are proof Disney is willing to do R stuff with Marvel properties but not under the direct brand. Disney already mention they will use Hulu to for the mature content it is acquiring. It is not stretch they could release mature stuff in the future if it make sense.
    https://www.933thedrive.com/marvel-s...movies-coming/

I agree with raiders when he says some people should stop ignoring reputable sources.

Disney is not interested in rated R. Deadpool 2 should not even be pushed to pg 13 in the first place. Disney, if true are behind pg 13 Deadpool should not be testing those waters.

DC has made r rated movies, comics, video games, cartoons. Marvel since 2010 is not near such boundaries, instead has gone more into a very family- friendly branding and not marvel's biggest rivals- DC.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-14-2018 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So your argument is "because they haven't done it recently, they'll never do it again."?

Disney , like any other business, cares about money. If they see money in R, you bet your ass they'll make it.
    This poster also cited reddit showing that Donna owned the X-men rights. So, several gallons of salt.

Amazing Member

Wasn’t this being released as PG-13 because certain international markets to make more $$$$ That was a FOX call not Disney

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Wasn’t this being released as PG-13 because certain international markets to make more $$$$ That was a FOX call not Disney
    It's all about money. Seriously, just the fact that Fox is willing to release this thing, instead of putting it direct on DVD. Just how greedy are they? Like, who re-releases a movie merely months after it's initial release, even if it's a different cut(that I'm 99.99% certain is just a two hour long joke)?

Personally I'd prefer a Gambit movie that is R or that is PG13 pushing the limits of the rating if we are focsusing on his origin story. Let's see drinking, smoking, cursing, some brutal ass kicking, possible deaths and definitely a love scene. We hardly ever see those in most superhero movies and it's kind of disappointing. If cut carefully it could still make PG13. I can see the romance angle with Belle, but not so much the comedy maybe? Of course his character always has a sarcastic comment or joke to crack or innuendo to make in the middle of a fight, but I don't think he has the same back and forth bantering dynamic with Belle that he has with Rogue that plays more into romantic comedy.

To be fair on the rating though, my 8 year old has been begging to see Deadpool and it's sequel forever and obviously I won't let her with the R rating, though I have seen a few younger kids in the movies when we went. I might reconsider if it was PG13 and that does expand the audience size considerably. It's also more in line with the rating of the current comics. I have serious doubts about a R rating on a Disney theatrical release though and I just think they'll drop the movie if Fox doesn't do it. Guess we'll see.

Now on a streaming service show, Gambit would be perfect and you could really do it right with a darker theme. At this point I think I'd prefer that to a movie.