Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1521

Thread: Gambit movie

  1. #1441
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    In 2013 Tatum said he was scaling back to work more behind the scenes, which he has been doing for the last few years. He has produce two tv series for YouTube Red and Amazon Prime, two documentaries for HBO and a couple of movies for Netflix. He also has the Magic Mike Live in Vegas and London, and a Magic Mike Broadway Musical starting later this year. He’s not hurting losing Gambit.

    I think there is an overreacting assumption about it being removed from the schedule. This film was never going to make the March 2020 date anyway. Removing it is not a surprise. I do understand why everyone is saying it’s dead, that was my first reaction too. But after looking at the schedule, I noticed that no Marvel movie is on the new schedule, they are all Untitled. I think Disney is being vague Marvel, they haven’t made any decisions yet.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-08-2019 at 11:55 AM.

  2. #1442
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    In 2013 Tatum said he was scaling back to work more behind the scenes, which he has been doing for the last few years. He has produce two tv series for YouTube Red and Amazon Prime, two documentaries for HBO and a couple of movies for Netflix. He also has the Magic Mike Live in Vegas and London, and a Magic Mike Broadway Musical starting later this year. He’s not hurting losing Gambit.

    I think there is an overreacting assumption about it being removed from the schedule. This film was never going to make the March 2020 date anyway. Removing it is not a surprise. I do understand why everyone is saying it’s dead, that was my first reaction too. But after looking at the schedule, I noticed that no Marvel movie is on the new schedule, they are all Untitled. I think Disney is being vague Marvel, they haven’t made any decisions yet.
    Movies are in preproduction stages like Strange 2, BP2, GOTG 3, Black Widow, and Eternals and CM2 is a lock given it made a billion dollars. So decisions have been made they just wanted to wait until after Endgame to announce what and are saving it for either SDCC or D23.

  3. #1443
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    In 2013 Tatum said he was scaling back to work more behind the scenes, which he has been doing for the last few years. He has produce two tv series for YouTube Red and Amazon Prime, two documentaries for HBO and a couple of movies for Netflix. He also has the Magic Mike Live in Vegas and London, and a Magic Mike Broadway Musical starting later this year. He’s not hurting losing Gambit.

    I think there is an overreacting assumption about it being removed from the schedule. This film was never going to make the March 2020 date anyway. Removing it is not a surprise. I do understand why everyone is saying it’s dead, that was my first reaction too. But after looking at the schedule, I noticed that no Marvel movie is on the new schedule, they are all Untitled. I think Disney is being vague Marvel, they haven’t made any decisions yet.
    Common sense? They just got the rights to the X-men back. They arent going to debut this new franchise with a Gambit solo thats a remnant of the old Fox. That project is dead. Anyone that's still holding onto hope is in major denial

  4. #1444
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Movies are in preproduction stages like Strange 2, BP2, GOTG 3, Black Widow, and Eternals and CM2 is a lock given it made a billion dollars. So decisions have been made they just wanted to wait until after Endgame to announce what and are saving it for either SDCC or D23.
    I meant to say Disney hasn’t made a decision on Gambit. Who knows Disney could also announce Gambit at SDCC or D23 too. But my point was taking off a schedule it wasn’t going to make anyway is not a surprise. It could be an Untitled like all the others Marvel films.

  5. #1445
    Ready to roll out! R0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I meant to say Disney hasn’t made a decision on Gambit. Who knows Disney could also announce Gambit at SDCC or D23 too. But my point was taking off a schedule it wasn’t going to make anyway is not a surprise. It could be an Untitled like all the others Marvel films.
    Raiders is that you?

  6. #1446
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    What people don’t realize, Gambit was never on Disney’s schedule. The March date was imposed by Fox before the merger. Technically it was never removed. Disney only wiped out the old Fox schedule and created a new Disney schedule. But the assumption is the movie has been scrapped. The fact is no Marvel movie has an assigned date yet. We will have to wait until they announce the assign dates.

  7. #1447
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Raiders is that you?
    Raiders was banned and this guy just joined. Seems like it

    ETA: Yeah its definitely him
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-08-2019 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #1448
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Raiders was banned and this guy just joined. Seems like it

    ETA: Yeah its definitely him
    Lol I figured it was him but didn’t wanna snitch.

    Raiders, it’s over. There is no Gambit movie. After New Mutants, X-men will rest and be rebooted in a couple years
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  9. #1449
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    What is Raider? What does it have to do with Gambit or Disney?

  10. #1450
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,858

    Default

    Your old poster name on here

  11. #1451
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    All of the untitled films have apparently been removed from the schedule, as well.
    bird_claw.jpg

    Was expecting that and pretty sure that was the case, but still. (Admittedly, I was far more invested in other Fox X-Men stuff then Gambit, but I would've seen it if they had made it.)

    Kinda ironic that for as popular a character as he was, they could not get this movie made at all, despite setting it up literally years ago.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  12. #1452
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    bird_claw.jpg

    Was expecting that and pretty sure that was the case, but still. (Admittedly, I was far more invested in other Fox X-Men stuff then Gambit, but I would've seen it if they had made it.)

    Kinda ironic that for as popular a character as he was, they could not get this movie made at all, despite setting it up literally years ago.
    well they've been trying to get this off the ground long after the height of his popularity.

  13. #1453
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    There is a possibility Gambit could wind up on Disney+. Gambit is minor character and it seems like all of Marvel’s minor characters are going to Disney+. This actually makes more sense than a theatrical release. Maybe also Kitty Pride, Multiple Man and X23 Disney could create in X universe with these characters on D+.
    I hope D+ pickup The Gifted

  14. #1454
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well they've been trying to get this off the ground long after the height of his popularity.
    I guess I thought he was still one of the more noted franchise characters, but I will more then admit not being plugged into the fandom that well and that most of my X-Men interests are not mainstream (the movies are about the only mainstream thing I'm big into).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  15. #1455

    Default

    I'm not surprised the Gambit movie has been canceled. It has been in development hell for too long. It's still disappointing, though. I think Channing Tatum could've been great for the character and the X-Men franchise as a whole. Maybe he'll get to play Gambit in an MCU movie. But I guess this movie just wasn't meant to be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •