Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Default Underrated comic book characters in your opinion.

Underrated

Tim Drake: Is the first Robin to have a good character design and was actually different enough from Dick Grayson unlike Jason Todd having at least one living parent at the begging of his Robin career and actually looks old enough to be able to fight a horde of criminals at Batmans side.

The Bushman: Is a fictional dictator much like Dr. Doom. Unlike Dr. Doom he does not need superpowers also I love that one of his countries town is called freedom town. Also I don't remember Dr. Doom doing anything as cruel as killing AID's victims to cure the desies.

Calypso: Best female foe that Spider-Man has ever faced aside from Shriek and I honestly prefer her original authentic African look over Kravens circus outfit.

Moon Knight: He is not a rip-off of Batman. Moon Knight does not have his own cave, he only had a sidekick for a brew momment in his career and unlike the many squises that Bruce Wayne has had Marlene is actually a long term love intrest. Also he has one of the best superheroe outfits ever designed and if you seriously insist that Marc Specter is a Batman knock off then please consider that the Phantom was created three years prior to the Dark Knight and he even has his own Phantom cave.

It would honestly make more sense to say that he is a Ghost Rider knock of or that Spawn is the Moon Knight of Image Comics given his origin.

Please note I am not trying to start a flame war or anything like that I just like to share my opinions and see what yours are on this topic.

Also I know this is a Marvel comic book board and not a DC comic book board but I was told that it did not belong to the more general comic book rumbles board so I decided to post it in a Marvel board given that I think Marvel is a little bit more mainstream then DC.

Multiple Man
    Darwin
    Synch

Original Valkyrie (RIP)
    Hellstorm
    Hellcat
    Cardiac
    USAgent
    Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman
    Colossus

The 12 who went back into the dustbin they were dragged out of in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    The 12 who went back into the dustbin they were dragged out of in the first place.
    Could you be more precise?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Not to out myself as a Runaways fan, but I always enjoyed Xavin as a member of the team and it's a damn shame they haven't been seen in more than a cameo for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    Could you be more precise?
    The Twelve. Bunch of obscure golden age Marvel heroes frozen in time, to form a team in 2007 or so.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Not to out myself as a Runaways fan, but I always enjoyed Xavin as a member of the team and it's a damn shame they haven't been seen in more than a cameo for over a decade.

The Twelve. Bunch of obscure golden age Marvel heroes frozen in time, to form a team in 2007 or so.

I thought some of those characters, like Golden Age Black Widow were somehow incorporated into some modern age stories already. Maybe I misread it.

Reminds me of when John Semper incorporated the six forgotten warriors in his Spider-Man show in 1997.
    sfwIV4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    Moon Knight: He is not a rip-off of Batman. Moon Knight does not have his own cave, he only had a sidekick for a brew momment in his career and unlike the many squises that Bruce Wayne has had Marlene is actually a long term love intrest. Also he has one of the best superheroe outfits ever designed and if you seriously insist that Marc Specter is a Batman knock off then please consider that the Phantom was created three years prior to the Dark Knight and he even has his own Phantom cave.

It would honestly make more sense to say that he is a Ghost Rider knock of or that Spawn is the Moon Knight of Image Comics given his origin.
    Isn't Moon Knight getting his own Disney+ series?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought some of those characters, like Golden Age Black Widow were somehow incorporated into some modern age stories already. Maybe I misread it.
    I haven't a clue. I was surprised when I googled the image that the original series was ever finished.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I haven't a clue. I was surprised when I googled the image that the original series was ever finished.

IDK either. The phantom reporter should be on the bugle at least in his civilian life.

I will damn sure second Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. I loved everything about her in West Coast Avengers. My favorite non peter Parker Spider hero. And my second favorite female hero. I have to read more with her.

I know this guy is obscure as Hell but I loved Blackie Drago when he took over as The Vulture. Maybe it was because his issues where he battle the Original Vulture were some of the first Spiderman comics I read. but he has always stuck with me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I feel like JMS's series wasn't a good showing of them.

Man, there are so many, but one I'd love to tackle if I were magically given a book by Marvel would be Ka-Zar. There's so much potential with the character and the location of the Savage Land that you could essentially tell any kind of story you could imagine. Plus, the Savage Land is remote you could keep stories semi-self contained, without having to worry about the crazy events of the main MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Man, there are so many, but one I'd love to tackle if I were magically given a book by Marvel would be Ka-Zar. There's so much potential with the character and the location of the Savage Land that you could essentially tell any kind of story you could imagine. Plus, the Savage Land is remote you could keep stories semi-self contained, without having to worry about the crazy events of the main MU.
    It seems like Ka-Zar will never ever be forgotten, though. For a character modeled after an Edgar Rice Burroughs character (with a slight nod to a Kubert character that was also modeled after the same Edgar Rice Burroughs character), Ka-Zar has enjoyed quite a bit of longevity and popularity, all things considered. And it never hurts that he was first introduced in the pages of the X-Men.
    Attached Images Attached Images