Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It used to be a bit understated with the power blue and black uni. I see the appeal of all of his costumes, except the one where he had blasters on his wings and mini-Wolverine claws.
    That is the Nighthawk from the Squadron Supreme reality. He was a lot more Batman-y in characterization than his 616 counterpart.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel the same about other riffs, like Hyperion or the Shiar Imperial Guard (particularly them, who I'd love to see developed to be nothing like the Legion of Super-Heroes they appear to duplicate. Have Oracle be a willing host to a sessile aquatic psionic life-form from her world's seas. Have Gladiator be genetically engineered by a race of small inoffensive grey aliens, who meditate in the thousands, sleeping in shifts, to transmit their vast collective telekinetic strength to augment his apparent physical strength and toughness, so that he can serve as their planetary representative on the Imperial Guard. Weird alien far out stuff that takes them totally past the Legion riffs they first appeared as).

And that's my contribution for Underrated folk. The Shiar Imperial Guard could be *fun* to develop. Do some crazy transhumanist far-future stuff that the Legion, created back in the '60s and '70s never imagined. Hive minds. 4-dimensional entities. Machine intelligences.
    I'd like to see Marvel take the next logical step and make an homage team of the Legion of Super Heroes' villains, especially the Fatal Five. They could do that easily using Marvel's own existing characters. The Asgardian goddess, Enchantress, with an oversized Eye of Agommotto or possessing Prester John's Evil Eye could be a stand in for the Emerald Empress. Terrax the Tamer or Ronan the Accuser could be the stand in for the Persuader. Or something like that.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    That is the Nighthawk from the Squadron Supreme reality. He was a lot more Batman-y in characterization than his 616 counterpart.
    Ditto for the Squadron Sinister version of Nighthawk. The evil version is probably more like Batman than the "good" Kyle.

Extraordinary Member

Toro / Thomas Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    The Circus of Crime. They aren't likely to show up in lists of top Marvel villains and to my knowledge haven't even appeared on TV but in the comics they get around.
    In agreement with you about the Circus of Crime. Would like to see them make more appearances, if at all possible:

American Eagle. Admittedly, I mostly like him from Warren Ellis's Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about the Circus of Crime. Would like to see them make more appearances, if at all possible:
    Ringmaster had an interesting Daredevil story a couple of decades ago.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Nighthawk.
    He’s a great character w. an interesting history and motivations. NH would make for a great throwback type of book that’s fun and full of over the top adventure w. larger than life bad guys and stories.
    Those types of books are few and far between at Marvel/the Big Two in general.
    Nighthawk was one of my favorites when I started reading comics back in the 1970's in the Defenders. The only Marvel character I knew anything about was Spidey, so the characters with the colorful costumes were the ones that caught my interest early. I considered Nighthawk's costume one of the best, and got pretty invested in the character for awhile. Gradually the stories in Defenders started moving away from him, and he just sort of faded away. He could've at least ended up as popular as Moon Knight has become, but people mostly consider him a loser these days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    Nighthawk was one of my favorites when I started reading comics back in the 1970's in the Defenders. The only Marvel character I knew anything about was Spidey, so the characters with the colorful costumes were the ones that caught my interest early. I considered Nighthawk's costume one of the best, and got pretty invested in the character for awhile. Gradually the stories in Defenders started moving away from him, and he just sort of faded away. He could've at least ended up as popular as Moon Knight has become, but people mostly consider him a loser these days.
    I was usually more interested in Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Gargoyle and Moondragon during their varied runs as Defenders than the 'big four' of Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor and Dr. Strange, so it annoyed me when the others would get pushed aside for events or covers in favor of the big four. (Of which, I was really only a big fan of Dr. Strange, and, to a lesser extent, stories about the Silver Surfer in space, or Namor in Atlantis, neither of which were a big Defenders focus. It was like my favorite aspects of Strange, Surfer and Namor were pushed aside for their Defenders appearances, and they might as well have been Dr. Druid, Tiger Shark and rando cosmic space-dude.)

I think perhaps because Nighthawk (and some of the others) didn't have solo books, or entire worlds of their own built into the setting, the Defenders writers had more freedom to develop them *as Defenders* and that was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ringmaster had an interesting Daredevil story a couple of decades ago.
    Thanks. I also know the Circus of Crime made a relatively recent appearance in Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Spider-Man - Web Designers #1 (2019).

Karla Sofen (Moonstone):

She smart, strong, has a good costume design(s). She can out muscle most comic characters and the ones she can't she can manipulate to her favor. Then suddenly Marvel only cared about making her a Carol Danvers villain, which is fine, but then they didn't even commit to it.
    I felt that after the OG Thunderbolts run she just kind of lost steam, and good appearances of her are few and far between. She's just kind of around now and pops up every once and a while and is only really used for muscle. She could be a great villain if Marvel would let her do anything note worthy besides occasionally wearing Carol's costume.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The villain gang that seems to belong to Batman but is actually from Marvel comics. They are great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    The Circus of Crime. They aren't likely to show up in lists of top Marvel villains and to my knowledge haven't even appeared on TV but in the comics they get around.
    They were in the Avengers Assemble cartoon series

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    I personally loved the nighthawk from the supreme power run. And his two solo runs. I just read his last one and to me its incredible. Ahh well.

Astonishing Member

I downloaded the original night raven graphic novel recently. It was a marvel UK title. Sheesh can't believe marvel didn't do more with this guy. Really cool, if people like Noir, Pulp stuff.