Default Real life Bat Grappling Gun by Built IRL

A Youtuber who goes by Built IRL made and tested a real life version of the Bat grappling gun.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The grappling gun aspect of Batman has always puzzled me. Wouldn't the force of a grappling gun rip his arm off? Also could a grappling gun really be long enough to reach to the top of a skyscraper?

I don't question a guy with scales or a lady who can control plants, but for some reason this really bothers me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The grappling gun aspect of Batman has always puzzled me. Wouldn't the force of a grappling gun rip his arm off? Also could a grappling gun really be long enough to reach to the top of a skyscraper?
    I think the grappling gun was used to help him swing from one place to another rather than to propel him to a higher place.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post

As long as there's some method of deceleration, limb-ripping or even dislocation wouldn't be an issue.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)