Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Way of X by Si Spurrier & Bob Quinn

Art by Bob Quinn.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Led by Nightcrawler, a brand-new team of mutants will assemble to confront the dark mysteries of the X-Men’s new way of life. The series is set for April 2021 release.

Mutantkind has built a new Eden… but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts…Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only Nightcrawler can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he – and the curious crew he assembles(including fan-favorites Dr. Nemesis, Pixie and Blink) – can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. This is the WAY OF X.
    LOAAAA

Last edited by Hi-Fi; 01-08-2021 at 12:22 PM.

I guess this will touch on Nightcrawler making his mutant religion. I wonder what his tenets are going to be.

Someone remembers Kurt shadow powers. Spurrier is a good writer.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Owww, I like this. Kurt, Pixie, including Loa and DJ bothfor the first time in an X-Men team.

But but but, is Blink not part of S.W.O.R.D? Wonder how will that work, though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This sounds really interesting but...I'm not sure how I feel about Quinn's art.
    Yes, Blink is a teleporter and they have the Krakoa gates...but then Cable is in both SWORD and his solo book, Wolverine is in X-Force and his solo book so...it's doable, I suppose.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-08-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Owww, I like this. Kurt, Pixie, including Loa and DJ bothfor the first time in an X-Men team.

But but but, is Blink not part of S.W.O.R.D? Wonder how will that work, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This sounds really interesting but...I'm not sure how I feel about Quinn's art. And isn't Blink already a main part of SWORD?
    I'm not sure if I'd classify Blink as a "main" character in SWORD... but it's not like X-books haven't shared characters before, and she's one of the characters it's easiest to have jump around books.

Favorite writer + X-Men + Nightcrawler and Blink = Sign me up.

I wonder if one is AOA Blink and the other is Phalanx Covenant Blink?

Also - Charles looking at Gabrielle and David? Perhaps Spurrier isn't done with Legion yet...

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I assume this is a limited series.

HELL YEAH!!! Can't wait. I think this will be bloody fantastic. Blink back in action makes me so happy.

Only thing I find really weird is that a Catholic will be the one defining a new mutant religion. ugh,...! He probably saw Cyclops, Jean, and Logan in bed together and was like: "SOMETHING IS WRONG! WE NEED TO RETHINK MUTANTDOME ASAP!"
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-08-2021 at 12:16 PM.

How many teleporters are there in SWORD? 5 or so? I don't think Blink was going to have a lot of focus on her.

Weird but interesting team.

I'm goind to read it for Si and Kurt...love them both...but the rest of the cast nor the artist excite me that much! (apart from Dr. Nemesis who we don't wee in the preview.)

I thought the other guys (DJ is it?) looks too much like Rictor.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This looks amazing! So happy Kurt is back on the front pages!

This really looks interesting. Religion as a basis for this, but goes beynd that.
    Tooke some time to see more of Xavier personal feelings

Very excited to see Kurt lead a team again! Or be in anything again for that matter.