Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Way of X by Si Spurrier & Bob Quinn

Art by Bob Quinn.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Led by Nightcrawler, a brand-new team of mutants will assemble to confront the dark mysteries of the X-Men’s new way of life. The series is set for April 2021 release.

Mutantkind has built a new Eden… but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts…Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only Nightcrawler can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he – and the curious crew he assembles(including fan-favorites Dr. Nemesis, Pixie and Blink) – can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. This is the WAY OF X.
    LOAAAA

Last edited by Hi-Fi; 01-08-2021 at 12:22 PM.

I guess this will touch on Nightcrawler making his mutant religion. I wonder what his tenets are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I guess this will touch on Nightcrawler making his mutant religion. I wonder what his tenets are going to be.
    Would it really matter? I mean i feel like it will also end up being corrupted like the QC, only it will be worse because Kurt is going to end up being directly hurt by it and he is really a good guy who has had a lot done to him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Would it really matter? I mean i feel like it will also end up being corrupted like the QC, only it will be worse because Kurt is going to end up being directly hurt by it and he is really a good guy who has had a lot done to him.
    How is the QC corrupted?

Mutant Monday about Jean and Scott bring up the subject of babies.
    Delving into the whole 'make more mutants' thing is confirmed in Way of X. I wonder if they will dare having a well know character be a new parent.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/08/x-...and-jean-grey/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Mutant Monday about Jean and Scott bring up the subject of babies.
    Delving into the whole 'make more mutants' thing is confirmed in Way of X. I wonder if they will dare having a well know character be a new parent.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/08/x-...and-jean-grey/
    Hm, possibly, Spurrier said all three of the laws would be examined. He wants to call the Make More Mutants issue the Joy of X, I hope they let him!
    I also hope he doesn’t make Kurt, one of the more sensual Xmen, prudish.

“In this new world, there are no limits and nothing is quite the same as it was in the homo sapiens' world," Spurrier continued. "The old codes and morals don’t apply in quite the same way. The erasure of mortality, the commonality of possessions, the mitigation of sickness - when you start from that position, you quickly realize a lot of the laws and commandments that guide the Western world don’t entirely fit anymore. What Kurt takes to be instinctively wrong often isn’t. Or at least, can't be rationally described as such. That’s a problem because it turns out there really is something desperately ugly lurking under the surface. The emerging culture of 'anything goes' makes it extraordinarily difficult to find and fight."

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How is the QC corrupted?
    ...Have you seen who they let sit on it?

Someone remembers Kurt shadow powers. Spurrier is a good writer.

This really looks interesting. Religion as a basis for this, but goes beynd that.
    Tooke some time to see more of Xavier personal feelings

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Owww, I like this. Kurt, Pixie, including Loa and DJ bothfor the first time in an X-Men team.

But but but, is Blink not part of S.W.O.R.D? Wonder how will that work, though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This sounds really interesting but...I'm not sure how I feel about Quinn's art.
    Yes, Blink is a teleporter and they have the Krakoa gates...but then Cable is in both SWORD and his solo book, Wolverine is in X-Force and his solo book so...it's doable, I suppose.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-08-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Owww, I like this. Kurt, Pixie, including Loa and DJ bothfor the first time in an X-Men team.

But but but, is Blink not part of S.W.O.R.D? Wonder how will that work, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This sounds really interesting but...I'm not sure how I feel about Quinn's art. And isn't Blink already a main part of SWORD?
    I'm not sure if I'd classify Blink as a "main" character in SWORD... but it's not like X-books haven't shared characters before, and she's one of the characters it's easiest to have jump around books.

Favorite writer + X-Men + Nightcrawler and Blink = Sign me up.

I wonder if one is AOA Blink and the other is Phalanx Covenant Blink?

Also - Charles looking at Gabrielle and David? Perhaps Spurrier isn't done with Legion yet...

This looks amazing! So happy Kurt is back on the front pages!