Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Goblyn Queen but...They had a right to not bring Maddie back. She hated Alex, Scott and everybody who had anything to do with Inferno and wanted to kill all mutants.
    Instead of that half-assed excuse, they should have told Alex the real reason why they decided not to resurrect her...she was clearly out of her mind and would have never acquiesced to "playing nice" on Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They share his DNA but with some differences thatīs why he sees them like daughters and not like clones, I think the way the other characters see their clone is playing a hand here, not so much the logic behind the ressurection process.

Logan sees Gabby and Laura like daughters, not clones, same with Emma and her daughters, Jean and Scott definitely see Maddie as a clone and Magneto does sees Joseph as another person, not his clone but he isnīt so close to him as to see him as his Son or his brother but I could see him not having problems with him coming back.

I think they made that law just for Maddie and Havok had a right to get mad about it tbh.
    Cuckoos are really Emma's dauhghters. But they are clones of each other

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ok, thanks I didnīt remember their story well

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Then there's also Vulcan who....might not be dead?
    Hickman addressed this he didnīt die, he was send to another dimension where the beings there made experiments with him until he died or scaped back to his own reality. Heīs the same vulcan but he has a lot of trauma.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-27-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As a Catholics it'd be very disappointing if they made their most prominent Catholic character other than arguably Daredevil into an atheist
    They aren't going to make him an atheist. They're telling a story. They are setting it up all round so that he's plagued with doubt - as Spurrier put it, he's conflicted - about everything they're doing, from the way they live, to the reason they don't die, to what role religion or really any belief system plays or ought to play in such an environment. In the preview pages Pixie starts to say "Some might say all believe systems are [brain washing]." I definitely don't take that as "therefore they're bad," especially since... I mean, find me the person who doesn't have a belief system. Supposedly they're fixed by age six. Not necessarily a religion, but a way of navigating life. But Pixie's for sure alluding to something that's gonna crop up in the future, maybe helped along by the likes of Dr Nemesis, and Kurt's own insecurities as well. There's gonna be an inner struggle as well as an external one, is how I take it.

None of that means "and then he'll renounce Catholicism." I'm not Catholic, I grew up Protestant, and one of the things they taught us was that doubts are normal. Everyone has them: that's why we have faith to lead us through the dark etc. Of course, I'm not religious anymore, so I guess I never really got that bit. But that's what they told us. Nightcrawler's had multiple stories starting with the Beyonder till now where he faced religious doubt and no one ever wrote him throwing his faith away. Anyway, I doubt this book is going to dig heavily into how Kurt feels about his Catholic faith. Spurrier's said multiple times that he's not setting out to make a mutant religion that will replace all "sapien" religions, but more of a way to live life. We'll see him pray now and then I guess. I'm not interested in another story about how very Catholic he is so I am definitely hoping they don't feel a need to remind us of it at every opportunity.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Who cares about his Catholic faith? I mean really? I hate to say it but when Kurt is written "Catholic". He sounds ... kinda stupid. I miss the clever man from X-Men's heydays and Excalibur.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'd also like to add that Kurt having faith would more likely change to something outside of Catholicism because he has come back from the dead. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only person who could do that was Jesus himself. This is all fantasy. It's pretty blasphemous already. Not to mention the resurrection protocols themselves.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only person who could do that was Jesus himself.
    Lazarus, also. Jesus would know, He was there.

And in any event, I don't think it's blasphemous to do something that Jesus once did, or else all of us who make our own wine (water to wine!) are going to Hell.

Mighty Member

Spurrier posted what is most likely a spoiler on his YouTube. In regards to a returning character. Not sure if that has been posted here.

Get the cat out of the bag, please.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Spurrier posted what is most likely a spoiler on his YouTube. In regards to a returning character. Not sure if that has been posted here.
    I don't think many would know he has a youtube channel at all. Considering he only posted 5 videos over 7 years that's no surprise. He likely forgot it himself.

Also no. Not posted here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Could you post it here? I am would like to know what he said.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I saw it already....there is something....

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Ohhhhhhhh boy!!!!!!!!!

-Pav, who couldn't be more stoked...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

This is great thank you

I don't get it......