Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Did we learn much new in today’s interview with Si Spurrier?

We learned that Kurt and four others will be core, Pixie and Dr Nemesis are all but confirmed but the forth is a surprise, he says ‘you’ll never guess’
    Who would be surprising? Who would fit in with the series’ theme? Is these where Moira shows up? Krakoa is her baby so she might have something to say in it’s protection? Particularly if her own book has been shelved. Mystique? Exodus is currently underused.

Dr Nemesis has apparently physically changed a lot since last seen.

The antagonist, the Patchwork Man ‘you already know’ so that’s going to be Legion? Or is Legion the secret fourth team member and is Charles the villain?

Si’s attitude to Kurt seems quite nuanced, he likes the original Excalibur stories but isn’t too keen on the deeply religious/metaphysical stories Kurt has been lumbered with over the years. But he thinks Kurt is more interesting when he’s in search of something, rather than hitting bad guys. I agree with that.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/01/x-...rier-way-of-x/

Great interview.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    We learned that Kurt and four others will be core, Pixie and Dr Nemesis are all but confirmed but the forth is a surprise, he says ‘you’ll never guess’
    Who would be surprising? Who would fit in with the series’ theme? Is these where Moira shows up? Krakoa is her baby so she might have something to say in it’s protection? Particularly if her own book has been shelved. Mystique? Exodus is currently underused.
    The "you'll never guess" comment sounds like we have to exclude characters he used before in his X-men comics and people allready given attention, so no Forgetmenot, Blindfold, Moira, Exodus, etc., as these would be the first anyone would guess. Though i could overestimate the value of the statement.

The antagonist, the Patchwork Man ‘you already know’ so that’s going to be Legion? Or is Legion the secret fourth team member and is Charles the villain?
    Legion seems possible, but also a pretty obvious pick. So i would consider the possibility that it's someone else.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really don't like how Bob Quinn draws Pixie's wings.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Si’s attitude to Kurt seems quite nuanced, he likes the original Excalibur stories but isn’t too keen on the deeply religious/metaphysical stories Kurt has been lumbered with over the years. But he thinks Kurt is more interesting when he’s in search of something, rather than hitting bad guys. I agree with that.

Great interview.
    We talking "Honestly..." surprising?

If so...

- Kurt from "Age Of Apocalypse..." somehow managed to go from being seriously jacked up to somehow surviving that last jump that was supposed to be lethal in trying to seal the Exterminators into another universe at the close of "X-Termination".

Past that...

- Bei The Blood Moon. I would never guess Bei The Blood Moon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Great interview.
    I am just curious, as Spurrier did confirm one of the current 5 besides Kurt will be core cast. So, why do you say that is Pixie? Asking because he did not say who of those other 4 it was. It made me think he meant Loa.

Doc Nemesis was always a character he loved and honestly, he did write him fabulous in the past. You know who else he loved and written well and I expect to join the cast? Well, you might have forgotten him..... (wink wink)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am just curious, as Spurrier did confirm one of the current 5 besides Kurt will be core cast. So, why do you say that is Pixie? Asking because he did not say who of those other 4 it was. It made me think he meant Loa.

Doc Nemesis was always a character he loved and honestly, he did write him fabulous in the past. You know who else he loved and written well and I expect to join the cast? Well, you might have forgotten him..... (wink wink)
    I was going by this quote in a previous article -

“This isn't exactly a book with a core team. At least, not at first. We’re on a journey of discovery with Kurt, and part of that comes from his gradual accrual of experts, allies and mentors. That said, in as much as we are sort of heading towards some manner of team, Pixie will certainly be part of it.”

But it could just as easily be Loa.

I haven’t read Spurrier before, so I have no clue who you are eluding to!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No-one *needs* a religion. It's like how people are still confused when they ask what team I support, and I say none.
    If mutants are developing their own culture, it makes sense a belief system would pop up.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

I haven’t read Spurrier before, so I have no clue who you are eluding to!
    I'm pretty sure Master of Sound meant ForgetMeNot. A mutant with the uncontrolled power to erase memories of his existence. Basicly as soon as someone isn't looking at him anymore they will forget him again.

He first appeared in a one shot story by Spurrier, in which he told someone how he had been around the X-men for years and what he experienced on the various events metaphorical standing behind them all the time. Spurrier later brought him back in his X-force run in a comedic role.

He is a balding average looking middle aged man, usualy wearing a Morrison era X-men uniform.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Azazel is a part of this book, or one of Niggtcrawler’s siblings from Austen’s run. Maybe Kiwi Black or Abyss.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I just thought of someone. Haven, she birthed a god after all.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope Azazel is a part of this book, or one of Niggtcrawler’s siblings from Austen’s run. Maybe Kiwi Black or Abyss.
    Good idea, so they can be retconned out of existence.

This! YES, PLEASE!!

I wished they would finally reveal that Destiny and Mystique are Nightcrawler's biological parents and that Azazealdazzle does not exist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This! YES, PLEASE!!

I wished they would finally reveal that Destiny and Mystique are Nightcrawler's biological parents and that Azazealdazzle does not exist.
    And it's revealed that Azazel was some forgotten plot by Dormammu or something to make a bunch of folks with teleportation powers that would weaken the barriers between worlds and allow him to slip stuff through without Strange noticing, but... he got deposed by Umar, and then she got deposed by Clea, and then he snuck back into power, and kinda forgot the whole deal because he's got more important stuff to keep up with.

Meanwhile, Azazel is still off doing what he was created to do, and has no idea that he's just a magical creation with a made-up history clogging up his noggin...

I trust in Spurrier that he could do something spectacular with them. That, or Ewing on SWORD.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Two more panels from Way of X (via Si’s Twitterfeed).

A60E3DC4-3E59-4F4F-992C-D771FD1AF16E.jpg
    Titled before the sermon.

DE1410E3-C08A-40DE-8510-ECFA89421E0B.jpg
    Let us talk of serpents.