Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

This was classic Si X-Men.

Bravo.

And way to continue on old plots too.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a good first issue, if a bit slow. The questions raised here have been floating around for some time now, so there isn't really much new except that we can expect to deal with those questions somewhat more directly. spoilers:
    It's good to see Spurrier's Legion again. I don't think he is the Patchwork Man, that, along with the possibility of an errant personality, seem too obvious. I'm also wondering about the data pages, they seem to be written by Kurt, but the author's identity is redacted, so maybe not?
    end of spoilers The art isn't my favorite, but it's expressive and kinetic, so I can deal with it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Kurt was asking the question I’ve been dying to ask, “Does this (The Crucible) make us truly any different than the humans we claim to be superior to?”. Also Magneto is drifting back to bad habits. Love the old face we get to see
    I liked the issue but I donīt think Magneto becoming a supporter of the Crucible makes sense, because after losing Genosha and the mutants post Inhuman gas he bacame quite sensitive about mutants dying around him so I donīt think him being ok with the crucible to this point quite makes sense, still, I was expecting this given his place of authority on Krakoa so it was not suprising, I was expecting to see him being put on an antagonist place without really being the antagonist, just wish it made more sense with his story. The constrats of him making a refuge for people on one hand and beating to death a mutant woman to allow for her being "reborn" when he himself used to be depowered and sort of ok with it is staggering.

I actually liked Kurt going to Ruthīs grave and Legion was revealed sooner than I thought, so I guess some question on precognitive mutants being unable to be brought again will have to be addressed next issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-21-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

so many plot threads of this current run are so damn slow, I totally forgot that Crucible was a thing. lol

Astonishing Member

It seems like a lot of the younger mutants have become arrogant jerks. Pixie, what were you thinking?

Legion being the Patchwork man feels like a red herring.

This book is a strong first issue. It is delves into the cultural problems of Krakoa and, if left alone, how they will develop, which is something I wanted addressed.

Technically, there are only three laws of Krakoa so young mutants can do whatever they want so when you see Pixie do what she did and Kurt knows it is wrong but cannot explain why, that was brilliant. Nightcrawler is the best mutant to ask the right questions and figure this out because while he is creating a mutant religion, it seems more like identifying a way of life (maybe the pun of the title?)

As a fan of Spurrier's run of X-Men Legacy, so happy to see Legion but who is the Patchwork Man? An alternate personality or a consequence of resurrection? A new omega? Looking forward to find out. And finally, someone has addressed why precogs are not in Krakoa which makes me think Mystique will appear in this book.

I wonder how much Legion knows and if they would seek to silence him for it? Also what was his relationship with Ruth like?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked the issue but I donīt think Magneto becoming a supporter of the Crucible makes sense, because after losing Genosha and the mutants post Inhuman gas he bacame quite sensitive about mutants dying around him so I donīt think him being ok with the crucible to this point quite makes sense, still, I was expecting this given his place of authority on Krakoa so it was not suprising, I was expecting to see him being put on an antagonist place without really being the antagonist, just wish it made more sense with his story. The constrats of him making a refuge for people on one hand and beating to death a mutant woman to allow for her being "reborn" when he himself used to be depowered and sort of ok with it is staggering.

I actually liked Kurt going to Ruthīs grave and Legion was revealed sooner than I thought, so I guess some question on precognitive mutants being unable to be brought again will have to be addressed next issue.
    I mean I really don't see why he should have a problem with The Crucible especially considering that mutants are now effectively immortal. That's kinda what Si is getting at, with resurrections in place the mindset of how mutants treat death is changing.
    Last edited by loke13; 04-21-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I wonder how much Legion knows and if they would seek to silence him for it? Also what was his relationship with Ruth like?
    They dated. And Xavier/Mag/Moira would for sure throw him into the hole. Legion is a total wild card and if he jeopardizes Krakoa I see no reason why the top brass would let that fly.

This was a pleasantly long read. Made me realize how short most modern comics are in comparison.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

probably the best issue to drop today. I'm glad Kurt is back lets see where this goes!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Really enjoyed it. Loved that we're finally getting someone questioning the wrong side of the darker things that are floating in the new mutant society. From the crucibles cruelness, that mutants seem to enjoy watching the brutality of the fights. Only Kurt spoke out about it. And how the younger generation are taking it for granted they'll be revived. And their selfishness at doing so when there are many mutants waiting for resurrection. Or as the crucible fight showed, many suffering a horrible death to be 'normal' again.

Also, liked that Si went into something a lot of fans have mentioned, the revived aren't quite acting like their old selves. What with Pixie refusing her beloved Welsh rarebit.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Do you want me to start an issue one thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Really enjoyed it. Loved that we're finally getting someone questioning the wrong side of the darker things that are floating in the new mutant society. From the crucibles cruelness, that mutants seem to enjoy watching the brutality of the fights. Only Kurt spoke out about it. And how the younger generation are taking it for granted they'll be revived. And their selfishness at doing so when there are many mutants waiting for resurrection. Or as the crucible fight showed, many suffering a horrible death to be 'normal' again.

Also, liked that Si went into something a lot of fans have mentioned, the revived aren't quite acting like their old selves. What with Pixie refusing her beloved Welsh rarebit.
    I do not think that was the point being made. Pixie said in the intro that yesterday she wanted sushi but today only could think about the toasty thing. When she is resurrected to the last back-up, she loses one day, and wants sushi again.
    So what happens, where goes, the person she was the day she was killed? I wonder if the patchwork man could be a patchwork of missed memories. Legion used to get into his in mind people who died nearby. Maybe that is what is going on here.

10 out of 10. 5 Stars. Best Book of the Hickman era and it’s not even close. It destroys the rest of them.