Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How is the QC corrupted?
    ...Have you seen who they let sit on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Hm, possibly, Spurrier said all three of the laws would be examined. He wants to call the Make More Mutants issue the Joy of X, I hope they let him!
    I also hope he doesn’t make Kurt, one of the more sensual Xmen, prudish.

“In this new world, there are no limits and nothing is quite the same as it was in the homo sapiens' world," Spurrier continued. "The old codes and morals don’t apply in quite the same way. The erasure of mortality, the commonality of possessions, the mitigation of sickness - when you start from that position, you quickly realize a lot of the laws and commandments that guide the Western world don’t entirely fit anymore. What Kurt takes to be instinctively wrong often isn’t. Or at least, can't be rationally described as such. That’s a problem because it turns out there really is something desperately ugly lurking under the surface. The emerging culture of 'anything goes' makes it extraordinarily difficult to find and fight."
    Yeah, Kurt has never been very good with the "no sex before marriage" part of Catholicism.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, Kurt has never been very good with the "no sex before marriage" part of Catholicism.
    I’ve always said the Kurt doesn’t let others define him, nor would he let his religion either. All his life, people have set to make him into something he isn’t; demon, monster, creature, thing, and he determinedly ploughs his own furrow, he defies and subverts their expectations.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't see why Kurt would have an issue with the Make More Mutants thing considering it was his goddamn idea

I think make more mutants is BS as Hickman talked that it was about ressurrecting and recruiting mutants all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    We saw it many times. I think this isn't the problem that will be analyzed

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'll probably be something about how parenting is relative in a community where nobody can die

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't see why Kurt would have an issue with the Make More Mutants thing considering it was his goddamn idea
    Neither do I but this is the quote.
    “So here’s Nightcrawler, living on an island inhabited by thousands of young and beautiful people, where there's no sickness and no death, no clear moral compass, no reason not to try new things, be they beautiful or brutal. You can easily imagine he’s going to frequently encounter sights which would make a Catholic Priest fume. Or blush. Or both. [Laughs]”

I can see Kurt being worried or even upset, but blushing? Nah. I just don’t seen him embarrassed by sex in any way.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can understand why he might be concerned about the seeming "excess" of it all. And just how it affects the "morality of the soul" considering what he's been through and his personal experience with death and resurrection, the first time. It's certainly a fundamental change from the swashbuckling, fun-loving, romantic Kurt we knew from back in the day.

From that perspective, his character growth and development is interesting. It's one of the few times an X-Character has been allowed to change so drastically both emotionally and mentally (the only ones I can think of are Storm, Psylocke and Angel...who also changed physically). I just hope he doesn't swing all the way to the opposite extreme where he looses that sense of fun and adventure. Ascetic Nightcrawler is boring.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

I'm guessing, of course, but it would seem to me that this isn't going to be about a religion in the conventional sense. By that I mean that it won't be the worship of a particular god, or God's.

I see it as more of a belief system which could lead to the formation of a proper set of rules and laws governing this new set of beliefs

Most likely and certainly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Most likely and certainly.
    That being the case what interests me is who is not going to accept the belief system, and how it then relates to the governance of the country.

We're about to see the new X-Men team, set up by Jean and Cyclops, which will operate independently of the council. I assume this Way Of X will be directly approved by the council. This then could be where certain things start to be opposed by the rank and file.

Not everyone on the island will have the same moral compass as Nightcrawler, it's going to be more than a little interesting to see how this goes, and the reactions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I can understand why he might be concerned about the seeming "excess" of it all. And just how it affects the "morality of the soul" considering what he's been through and his personal experience with death and resurrection, the first time. It's certainly a fundamental change from the swashbuckling, fun-loving, romantic Kurt we knew from back in the day.

From that perspective, his character growth and development is interesting. It's one of the few times an X-Character has been allowed to change so drastically both emotionally and mentally (the only ones I can think of are Storm, Psylocke and Angel...who also changed physically). I just hope he doesn't swing all the way to the opposite extreme where he looses that sense of fun and adventure. Ascetic Nightcrawler is boring.

After all the years the characters have been around, all the different writers and editorial dictates, any new writer must have to pick and choose which aspects of the characters they want to emphasise. At the start of the interview Spurrier says it himself, Kurt is the jovial trickster and the religious ascetic. That I prefer the former to the latter is my choice. But I will be along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    That being the case what interests me is who is not going to accept the belief system, and how it then relates to the governance of the country.

We're about to see the new X-Men team, set up by Jean and Cyclops, which will operate independently of the council. I assume this Way Of X will be directly approved by the council. This then could be where certain things start to be opposed by the rank and file.

Not everyone on the island will have the same moral compass as Nightcrawler, it's going to be more than a little interesting to see how this goes, and the reactions to it.

The foreshadowing in the book implies that trouble might come from within the Council, from Exodus (who was a Christian crusader). This is just a guess at the moment but would be interesting, he’s also a teleporter and the bifurcated tower which will have a part to play in the story, is only accessible by teleportation.
    E2EC9D20-2C4F-4408-9393-F083D6BB4055.jpg

This sounds great to me. I really liked Spurrier's work on Legacy and I'm excited to see where this goes!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post

Yupp. As with religion and faith in general. One person's path may not be right for another. And I'm sure whatever is offered and developed, it is left up to the person to decide whether or not they accept or follow their own path. I don't see Nightcrawler "forcing" anyone into his "new religion".