Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    In universe - Loa's grandmother was a friend or love interest of Namor

Writer's reason - I don't know, maybe because shes Hawaiian and a mutant ?
    uhhh she surfs....on WATER
    GrindrStone(D)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    uhhh she surfs....on WATER
    So incisively meta

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote from Si Spurrier’s Blog.
    “To use the obvious idiom: there’s a serpent in Eden. Someone with incomparable power and deep ties to Professor X himself is pulling secret strings. In the mutant paradise of Krakoa a sickness of the spirit is taking hold, urging mutants towards despair and violence. As Nightcrawler and his eccentric crew react to its influence, they realise what they’re really up against is nothing less than the self-destructive darkness in the hearts of mutantkind itself.“

Now, who’s that going to be?

Astonishing Member

Cassandra, Xavier II or Legion’s pegged that his girlfriend isn’t getting out of the Protocols ever

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Sounds like Nova.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    “To use the obvious idiom: there’s a serpent in Eden. Someone with incomparable power and deep ties to Professor X himself is pulling secret strings. In the mutant paradise of Krakoa a sickness of the spirit is taking hold, urging mutants towards despair and violence. As Nightcrawler and his eccentric crew react to its influence, they realise what they’re really up against is nothing less than the self-destructive darkness in the hearts of mutantkind itself.“

I'm guessing Cassandra Nova. She's been largely absent since X-Men Red and I can't imagine her passing up the opportunity to murder an island of mutants again. Esepcially an island that has Xavier and Jean on it lol

Sounds more like the Shadow King, the evilness in the dark…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Sounds more like the Shadow King, the evilness in the dark…
    I thought that at first too but I think the Shadow King is being used over in New Mutants.

Sounds like a miniseries premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

I think Emma might have had the host body Cassandra was in when she got all the empathy stuff killed, so she’s been factory reset.

She’s also been conspicuously memory-holed from the Krakoan narrative, seeing as the Genosha thing has been credited solely to Trask

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think Emma might have had the host body Cassandra was in when she got all the empathy stuff killed, so she’s been factory reset.

She’s also been conspicuously memory-holed from the Krakoan narrative, seeing as the Genosha thing has been credited solely to Trask
    Not true. Mummudrai was given credit for the Genosha genocide in HoX. Thats Nova

My bet is on depressive and self-destructive Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    David Haller is rather a rational and level-headed man… considering all his little problems.

But the authors are free to reshuffle the cards and make a mess…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Didn’t his girlfriend kill herself and his dad is leaving her permanently dead?

That tends to make one irrational in context

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I did wonder about Legion myself, given the writer’s history with the character.