Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    She's no faceless teleportative cog in a capitalist space engine.
    And if she keeps her appearances to a few key moments she might also make it through the current status quo without a pointless and/or random death.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Aren't people in here getting to happy?

Si spurrier on twitter

Beyond Nightcrawler and Dr. Nemesis maybe Pixie and Blink, I am not counting on the rest showing up in a book permanently. Even in a world with Nanny, Orphan Maker, Wildchild, GreyCrow on X-men team and the book working is putting DJ, Loa and Pixie on a as main characters risky.

When I read that tweet from Spurrier I felt much better because right now this book looks dead on arrival with that roster of 3 teleporters, a person who can be intangible, a person with super intellect and guy with sound base powers. And Most of those characters being smaller underused characters who don't have strong fanbase. In a world where Banshee, Dazzler, Angel, Exodus, Mystique, Multiple Man,X-23 as couple of examples of people who aren't teams to me this roster felt weak. I am glad to realize that this isn't the final roster and it can round out a couple of mainstay who can give it a little more stability

I like underused characters as much the next person but this book needs more than Nightcrawler if it is going to stick around.
    The 3 teleporters made me think of SC when they were being targeted. Even though that's most definitely not connected. I'd love to see Banshee etc. but these small characters are not used much so Kurt and these others interacting can maybe create new relationships to be discovered as well as them with each other. That's how characters get started. They may be just curious kids that help lead up to the type of team you are suggesting and may be those characters will stick around to be students of them. BUT Kurt's enough for me as of now. The aim is interesting enough, what little was revealed. Kurt wasn't even the focus of his issue of GS nor is he used as much as a QC member so maybe that's an easier sell for me as a Kurt fan. For now.

I see everyone here forgot the fact that there is a weird tower in Krakoa that only teleporters can get to and the only one we have seen get there is Nightcrawler. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is Moria's plan to make all mutants obey for easily. So yes the team needs more than just him to teleport

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I see everyone here forgot the fact that there is a weird tower in Krakoa that only teleporters can get to and the only one we have seen get there is Nightcrawler. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is Moria's plan to make all mutants obey for easily. So yes the team needs more than just him to teleport
    That doesn't sound like Moira tbh she has specifically faked her death and kept herself hidden because she wants to limit her direct intervention in events for fear that they could ruin their plans for mutantkind. She learned her lesson when she manipulated Magneto's DNA which inevitably caused a Schism in their Alliance. I don't think she would risk that especially not by enslaving every mutant on krakoa.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If there is some plan to take over the mutants it's not Moira's.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Who's clamoring for more Angel? His only redeeming feature came via Candy Southern and that was decades ago.
    Charlotte Jones would like a word with you...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wow, when was the last we ever saw her? I liked her a lot, but think many do not even know her nowadays.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Charlotte Jones was also decades ago

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wow, when was the last we ever saw her? I liked her a lot, but think many do not even know her nowadays.
    Claremont's Uncanny run during deciMation. They should reveal Timmy to be a mutant which puts her on the radar of Krakoa

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not sure I follow?
    Because for the two of them from day one until now they are very serious about their religion and it is a defining character trait for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering her teleportation is a magic spell and not part of her mutant powers, she might be disqualified from serving that function on a space exploration team made up of people who's defining and born in power is teleportation. Especialy with all the emphasis on combining mutant powers under the title of "technology", which would make Pixie's teleportation both less capable of being synergized and less reliable to function properly under certain circumstances.

It might be like adding Domino to a cadre of mutants who's powers are energy projection just because she can use beam guns.

There is also the problem that her mind affecting dust might be inappropiate in a sealed environment like a space station/ship or her wing based flight might be affected by sudden gravity shifts (those being actual mutant powers).
    I wanted to say Blink and not Pixie. I think Blink is on Sword cast

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because for the two of them from day one until now they are very serious about their religion and it is a defining character trait for them...
    I mean they have Kate tattoos and cremated her but that seems to be more just ignorance than intentional by this point.

I mean they have Kate tattoos and cremated her but that seems to be more just ignorance than intentional by this point.
    Young people (and all people tbh) pick and choose which parts of their religion/religious culture they want to follow. I have Jewish friends with tattoos.

A google search could had avoided that, specially the tattos on knuckles that is by far the most ofensive part. They just didn't cared about Kitty's religion

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    A google search could had avoided that, specially the tattos on knuckles that is by far the most ofensive part. They just didn't cared about Kitty's religion
    or maybe Kitty doesnt care as much anymore. It happens. She's been quite progressive for a while

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I wanted to say Blink and not Pixie. I think Blink is on Sword cast
    She is, hence also wearing the SWORD yellow uniform in the preview. But considering the whole Krakoa Gate thing (how does that one work anyway? Did it eat a teleporter long ago and mimics their gateway powers) and being part of a team that teleports across the universe, it's not farfetched to assume Nightcrawler can request her visiting Earth for something.

Though now i wonder if the mutant with the power to teleport across realities from Si Spurrier's X-force has been brought back yet?