Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. As with religion and faith in general. One person's path may not be right for another. And I'm sure whatever is offered and developed, it is left up to the person to decide whether or not they accept or follow their own path. I don't see Nightcrawler "forcing" anyone into his "new religion".
    Ah yes, but that's not quite what I mean, my thought is that what Nightcrawler comes up with, and his new life and belief system is going to form the framework of a legal system for implementation to form what might be described as a constitution. So whilst I agree that he, himself, wouldn't force his views on others the council might well try. That's where I hope to see conflicts arising, that and the missing council members, and the fact that the new team are going to be, more or less, independent of the council.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ah!. Gotchya. I think Nightcrawler will work in tandem with the other QC members to further develop the constitution which should take into account personal choice. I don't think they will try to force their views on the Krakoan populace...as they pretty much seem to be open enough to allow people to do their own thing so far. Although, I could see them chafing at new rules and regulations which must be in place for any society to function, exist and thrive. They can't just keep drinking and partying whenever they want.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah you can't run a real nation with only 3 rules for very long

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ah!. Gotchya. I think Nightcrawler will work in tandem with the other QC members to further develop the constitution which should take into account personal choice. I don't think they will try to force their views on the Krakoan populace...as they pretty much seem to be open enough to allow people to do their own thing so far. Although, I could see them chafing at new rules and regulations which must be in place for any society to function, exist and thrive. They can't just keep drinking and partying whenever they want.
    Exactly right. As the population increases the potential for problems increases and some kind of rule of law has to be imposed somehow. There has to be a stable system of government, perhaps a constitution, perhaps just a series of legal frameworks, whatever. As noted, you can't run a nation on just three laws.

One of my favourite novels is King's The Stand, and there's some exploration in that of the need to have law and order, even when everyone is in a good mood. I think it's time to explore that sort of thing on the island now, and this book is the perfect opportunity, and Nightcrawler the perfect character.

But you're also right the laws can't be imposed on the population, especially when they've been given no say in the people making those laws. There could be really interesting things to come out of this book in my opinion, probably it's got the most potential of any Marvel book for years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The foreshadowing in the book implies that trouble might come from within the Council, from Exodus (who was a Christian crusader). This is just a guess at the moment but would be interesting, he’s also a teleporter and the bifurcated tower which will have a part to play in the story, is only accessible by teleportation.
    Attachment 105906
    Are you talking about Kurt having a problem with Exodus or the rest of the QC having a problem with Kurt and Exodus? The latter is more likely.Exodus and Kurt are or were men of deep faith and have a lot in common, maybe Exodus is way more zealous but I very much see him being a convert to Kurt's ethos and spirituality.Both seem to espouse that Krakoa is a new dawn,a golden age , with a higher calling or providential purpose for mutantdom.So I don't see where they butt heads maybe only if Kurt is skeptical of the ethics and spirituality of the resurrections and Exodus is ok with it.Short of that Exodus is Kurt's best ally on the council.I see Kurt getting resistance from Sinister,Emma,Shaw and maybe Xavier and Magneto but not Exodus
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-11-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Are you talking about Kurt having a problem with Exodus or the rest of the QC having a problem with Kurt and Exodus? The latter is more likely.Exodus and Kurt are or were men of deep faith and have a lot in common, maybe Exodus is way more zealous but I very much see him being a convert to Kurt's ethos and spirituality.Both seem to espouse that Krakoa is a new dawn,a golden age , with a higher calling or providential purpose for mutantdom.So I don't see where they butt heads maybe only if Kurt is skeptical of the ethics and spirituality of the resurrections and Exodus is ok with it.Short of that Exodus is Kurt's best ally on the council.I see Kurt getting resistance from Sinister,Emma,Shaw and maybe Xavier and Magneto but not Exodus
    At the moment, I have absolutely no clue how it will play out, it will all depend on where Way of X goes and the nature of ‘Mutant Religion’ at the end of it. Exodus may indeed prove to be an ally, but currently on Krakoa, he is preaching hatred of The Pretender to children.

Spectacular Member

After all the years the characters have been around, all the different writers and editorial dictates, any new writer must have to pick and choose which aspects of the characters they want to emphasise. At the start of the interview Spurrier says it himself, Kurt is the jovial trickster and the religious ascetic. That I prefer the former to the latter is my choice. But I will be along for the ride.
    I've always loved Nightcrawler most when the writer successfully manages to juxtapose those two traits. It makes him feel multi-faceted and three dimensional, though I also acknowledge that it seems hard to pull off and most writers either lean into one trait or the other.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    I've always loved Nightcrawler most when the writer successfully manages to juxtapose those two traits. It makes him feel multi-faceted and three dimensional, though I also acknowledge that it seems hard to pull off and most writers either lean into one trait or the other.
    My pet theory is that Nightcrawler is the stage persona, he’s bright, extrovert, a show off, a swashbuckler who loves the limelight and gets a buzz off being a superhero. Kurt is quieter, more introverted, more likely to be reading a book of philosophy or theology.
    It’s not as extreme as a split personality, but a lot of performers have a private, quiet, inner self that their audience seldom see.

I think when he first joined the X-Men, just after killing his brother, they probably only saw Nightcrawler for the first couple of months, before he felt safe enough to let the barriers begin to drop.

But this gives writer’s the flexibility to have both extrovert and introvert Kurt, depending on his mood and company.

Incredible Member

At the moment, I have absolutely no clue how it will play out, it will all depend on where Way of X goes and the nature of ‘Mutant Religion’ at the end of it. Exodus may indeed prove to be an ally, but currently on Krakoa, he is preaching hatred of The Pretender to children.
    Why shouldn't he? She's caused a great deal of outright harm to a lot of innocent people especially children because she really didn't give a damn about them. Whatever you feelings about Magneto, you can't say that about him.

That art in the upcoming thread got me feening for this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

welp.. looks like the length of this series has been revealed.. honestly didnt expect it to be an ongoing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    welp.. looks like the length of this series has been revealed.. honestly didnt expect it to be an ongoing
    Better a well paced limited series than a needlessly perpetual ongoing that loses it's direction early or can't find a proper way to continue with the same quality after the initial story.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

No, it hasn't. The website says the signed issues package is for the first storyline (they're also doing the same with Teen titans Academy which is an ongoing). Besides the artist was already asked if this means the series is only a 6 issues long one, and he answered that no, as far as he knows it's an ongoing.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    No, it hasn't. The website says the signed issues package is for the first storyline (they're also doing the same with Teen titans Academy which is an ongoing). Besides the artist was already asked if this means the series is only a 6 issues long one, and he answered that no, as far as he knows it's an ongoing.
    Weird that he said whole series, instead of first part os the series

Semantics? Could be he meant series as in one story line.