Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    At the moment, I have absolutely no clue how it will play out, it will all depend on where Way of X goes and the nature of ‘Mutant Religion’ at the end of it. Exodus may indeed prove to be an ally, but currently on Krakoa, he is preaching hatred of The Pretender to children.
    I wonder how he feel if Nocturne showed up lol

if u guys think this series is going more than 6 issues your delusional

I’d like this to be an ongoing. Unfortunately I think this may be a short series. Bob did say as far he knows it’s ongoing, but backtracked and said ‘don’t quote me on that’ and Si is writing the Black Knight ongoing in March which he seems to be advertising a lot more than Way of X.

People also thought Hellions would be a mini and it's still around with no sign of it ending.
    Only Fallen Angels has ended, but it's not like it was well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    People also thought Hellions would be a mini and it's still around with no sign of it ending.
    Only Fallen Angels has ended, but it's not like it was well received.
    hope people start buying hellions its at the bottom for sales SMH probably wont last

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’d like this to be an ongoing. Unfortunately I think this may be a short series. Bob did say as far he knows it’s ongoing, but backtracked and said ‘don’t quote me on that’ and Si is writing the Black Knight ongoing in March which he seems to be advertising a lot more than Way of X.
    I believe the Black Knight comic is a six issue miniseries.

Hopefully that means Way of X is an ongoing -- or at least some kind of maxiseries lasting a year at minimum.

-Pav, who is excited for this new wave of X comics...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Si is discussing Way of X on X-men Monday. Seems like it's short notice, anyone got any questions?
    Last edited by Proxy; 02-15-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Si is discussing Way of X on X-men Monday. Seems like it's short notice, anyone got any questions?
    I think it’s a week on Monday, and, according to his Twitter, it was a surprise to Spurrier too!

May issue of Way of X

WAY OF X #2

SIMON SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A)
    COVER BY GUISEPPE CAMMUNCOLI
    Variant Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    A VILLAIN REVEALED!
    The dark force hiding within Krakoa begins to show its true form.
    The answers are hidden…WITHIN THE MINDSCAPE. Kurt’s – and…others.
    One of the most dangerous mutants is reborn!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

8A2B70B6-1859-4EBA-BB19-17C2A46A3E9D.jpg

27C37C59-CD8C-4BA2-A4E5-C4BDEBF7A494.jpg

Every X-Book is an ongoing until they're cancelled. Fallen Angels only ended because BEH had to go write TV.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I would love it for Si if this was an ongoing after seeing how much cancelling Hellblazer seems to have disappointed him. Everything I’ve read by him has always had a particularly nuanced political attitude, so I’m really hoping he can bring an element of countercultural flair to the X books.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    I would love it for Si if this was an ongoing after seeing how much cancelling Hellblazer seems to have disappointed him. Everything I’ve read by him has always had a particularly nuanced political attitude, so I’m really hoping he can bring an element of countercultural flair to the X books.
    Yeah, I felt for him, it was a shitty thing, he was enjoying writing Hellblazer. I’m hoping this is going to be an interesting look at Krakoa.

He gave a very animated and engaged interview here,
    https://www.cbr.com/way-of-x-simon-spurrier-interview/

Like your Halo Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Every X-Book is an ongoing until they're cancelled. Fallen Angels only ended because BEH had to go write TV.

sure they couldn't find another writer...

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, I felt for him, it was a shitty thing, he was enjoying writing Hellblazer. I’m hoping this is going to be an interesting look at Krakoa.

He gave a very animated and engaged interview here,
    https://www.cbr.com/way-of-x-simon-spurrier-interview/

Like your Halo Jones!
    Yeah, his run on Hellblazer was excellent. The issue on the NHS hospital system was particularly fab. Another ended too soon title of his was Cry Havoc, which also had a very well thought out narrative on myth and warfare. I’m really hoping we get something fun and subversive from this title, like an early years Peter Milligan comic.

Spectacular Member

I don't think this series will last long. The religious theme is quite tricky and has been botched in past (I mean, becoming a Catholic priest in a matter of months and then aspiring to the Papacy?).

As much as I enjoy Nightcrawler, for the past couple of decades he's been saddled with the whole religious persona. Way back in the early days, he was obviously Catholic, but it wasn't always so heavy-handed. He could give a really good, spiritual pep talk or face-down a demonic or undead threat with conviction, better than his teammates. But it wasn't overt, just a nice dose of character.

Characters evolve and so I'm not against strengthening his resolve, it's just that few writers are able to tackle the subject with the amount of intelligence it deserves. The stories often become campy or full of **** - past writers seem to know nothing of Catholicism. It's complicated, especially at an organizational level, so there should have been considerable research. Skeptics hate a Bible-beater and churchgoers dislike counterfeit Christians.

So yes, I believe that if he series leans heavily into religion while keeping it "fun", per Kurt's swashbuckling nature, then it's doomed to fail. Such is Nightcrawler's lot.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 02-18-2021 at 06:08 PM.