Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My understanding is they don't really want all these depowered mutants killing themselves and clogging up the queue, so Crucible was a solution, a deterrent and a compromise.
    Then you have Pixie going all "Hey shoot me in the face with your shotgun pls? I need my first".
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

This issue was phenomenal. Theres two threads running for this rn but God dang this was solid. A little heavy handed and a little self indulgent I admit. But. Wow what a narrative and plotting. Also Nightcrawler finally getting a real role in these things. And a fitting one.

Cant believe I didnt see Legion coming. Man this was a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Then you have Pixie going all "Hey shoot me in the face with your shotgun pls? I need my first".
    Kids will be kids

Extraordinary Member

I do not read many of the books, but while I did think this would lead to some discussion about frivolous deaths, my understanding is that deaths in the line of duty get fast tracked. My head canon is she got a talking to afterwards not to do it again.

Yea that was really wierd.

So the mutants now that they have no death have come to devalue their life. Thats an interesting twist

Astonishing Member

Don't active combatants get high priority anyway?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Yea that was really wierd.

So the mutants now that they have no death have come to devalue their life. Thats an interesting twist
    SOME mutants. Best not to generalize Jean and Beast had this very same discussion in Xforce #2 and Storm in Giant Size didn't want to die frivolously even though that would have been the easier choice compared to being consumed by the TO virus.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

My understanding is they don't really want all these depowered mutants killing themselves and clogging up the queue, so Crucible was a solution, a deterrent and a compromise.
    I get that, but they can't find literally one mutant with an insta-kill power or something? It needs to be a big arena fight?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I get that, but they can't find literally one mutant with an insta-kill power or something? It needs to be a big arena fight?
    Bread and circus a la Roman empire

I do not read many of the books, but while I did think this would lead to some discussion about frivolous deaths, my understanding is that deaths in the line of duty get fast tracked. My head canon is she got a talking to afterwards not to do it again.
    But she wanted to be killed to traumatized that guys. It shouldnt be fast tracked
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-21-2021 at 02:21 PM.