Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

This is so cool. We knew we'd be getting Nightcrawler content but I never imagined his Religion plot-line would merit its own book. This is an excellent creative team and an inspired concept for a book.

But I want to highlight just how cool the whole X-Line is right now. When I was a kid I thought I had it good because we variety X-Titles (The Government Team! The X-Men! More EXTREME Teen X-Men! Magic X-Men! More X-Men! Cable! Wolverine!) But now...good golly....(Magic X-Men 2! Space X-Men! CIA X-Men! Teen X-Men! X-Men Death Detectives! X-Men Pirates! X-Men! X-Men Baddies! Wolverine! Cable! and now X-Men Reglion! And soon X-Men Business!)

The foundation that HoXPoX and the Krakoa era has allowed creators to explore is such a gift to us fans. It's brutal on my wallet but what a worthy expenditure
    Last edited by Hcmarvel; 01-08-2021 at 02:35 PM.

is Legion and Gabrielle Haller

Hard meh on this one.

Sounds like we have yet to see the full team roster.

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/statu...49449540136966

So, yes. So much I could say about this and so much I shouldn't. Full team lineup is a looong way from being revealed... utterly massive beat at the end of #1... big clues already circulating... Beyond excited to be Walking The Way with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It kinda does though. This book wouldn't be happening if Hickman hadn't been the architect for this new era. He took death off the table so that now writera don't have to come up with a convoluted reason to bring back characters they want to use. He took M-Day day off the table so that writers don't have to come up with a convoluted reason as to why certain characters have their powers back. I mean I'm sure Spurrier is going to kill it on any X-book he gets handed but let's not pretend Hickman didn't create the perfect environment for writers to use such a diverse cast of characters in this new narrative enriched setting lol
    Pitches come and go. Losing faith and founding a religion isn't something that only can happen on krakoa, it is very generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Hard meh on this one.
    I hope the execution is better than Sword
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-08-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh God xavier jr and raze might be cannon.....

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It is basically a Nightcrawler solo, with some awesome kids as support cast. I am in, deep in.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I love Spurrier and the concept of mutant religion, but this is... Not what I expected. And I'm not sure I wanted another team so full of teleporters.
    Pixie could have found a home in Excalibur as a mutant fairy. Blink is already in S.W.O.R.D... And I couldn't care less about Doc Nemesis.

Plus I'm bummed Spurrier isn't writing X-Corp. Unless he's writing both, but it's unlikely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Pitches come and go. Losing faith and founding a religion isn't something that only can happen on krakoa, it is very generic.
    I'm not here to discuss whether not a storyline is generic or not to you I was merely pointing out the rain why someone would be crediting Hickman as well as Spurrier for the creation of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I love Spurrier and the concept of mutant religion, but this is... Not what I expected. And I'm not sure I wanted another team so full of teleporters.
    Pixie could have found a home in Excalibur as a mutant fairy. Blink is already in S.W.O.R.D... And I couldn't care less about Doc Nemesis.

Plus I'm bummed Spurrier isn't writing X-Corp. Unless he's writing both, but it's unlikely.
    You don't want Pixie in Excalibur don't wish that cruelty upon her. Chances are she just become a wallpaper background character while Tini focuses on Betsy and Dragon Shogo.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-08-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

This is not the final team, Spurrier tweeted.

Hickman said spurrier isn't writing x-corp

Since the team is bigger than what we've seen, I hope Dust gets a big role here.

Do you guys think the title will hinder sales?

Fan favorite Dr Nemesis??!?
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Surprised and Excited!

The art is looking great, the cast is good and it sounds as if it's only going to get better, Si always brings his best writing to the X-titles, and the premise is different.

I couldn't ask for more, yet!

I know there's a whole mystery around Krakoa and the X-Men acting strangely, possibly brain-washed, perhaps not even reborn as not their true selves in this new era but to me it doesn't seem any more obviously "wrong" then with Nightcrawler's character. This is a character defined by his Christianity and his belief in a higher power. A belief he held firm despite the many trauma's he faced and that was only further solidified when he died and literally met that higher power. To me the idea that Kurt would suddenly say now, no none of that is real, in fact we are god, and I am going to make a religion about it, that premise seems unbelievable. At least unbelievable if we are talking about the real Nightcrawler. I cannot imagine he would not only cast aside his faith but perform open blasphemy to such an extreme degree because mutants are now living on an island where things aren't quite as bad as they used to be.

That all said....it is a Nightcrawler book so I will check it out. I hope they just find a way to make this concept ring true to the character.