Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Calling it - at some point, Nightcrawler will get ousted from his own religion by Exodus, who will turn it extremist.
    I called that back in issue 7 of X-Men, Exodus will declare Kurts religion too pacifist, he’s already working on the children.
    DE8DBF9F-34D3-4E8A-99F6-0547441E9311.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Much needed for who?
    well, for people interested in X-Men comics and its characters?! lol

I think Hickman really lacks in creating characters with a certain tenderness, humanity, and heart. I still miss to understand what are the emotional consequences of Krakoa for most characters living on Krakoa.

Everyone kind of sounds exactly the same: "I'm a big man with so much responsibility. I will change the world with my inflated ego. I'm brilliant, calculated and powerful but I do not have emotions besides my grande penis agenda!"

So I'm looking forward to be reminded why I like Xavier.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-09-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I called that back in issue 7 of X-Men, Exodus will declare Kurts religion too pacifist, he’s already working on the children.
    or maybe we will have more than one mutant religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Also possible, but the protagonist will be Exodus and I suspect he will call it a crusade.

I think Hickman really lacks in creating characters with a certain tenderness, humanity, and heart. I still miss to understand what are the emotional consequences of Krakoa for most characters living on Krakoa.

Everyone kind of sounds exactly the same: "I'm a big man with so much responsibility. I will change the world with my inflated ego. I'm brilliant, calculated and powerful but I do not have emotions besides my grande penis agenda!"

Agreed, and as those are my favourite characters and characteristics, I’ve been feeling the loss.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yeah this is a common complaint with Hickman his characters come off a bit too cold and Shakespearian.

He tends to write characters epically meaning they speak as olympian gods without much introspection.

I think in Way of X we will get a lot of it since it is Kurt and he is a lovable devil plus Spurrier is a pretty amazing writer

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I'd rather see those kids than the ones in the promo art for CoTA.
    My flag is bacon.

Can someone explain to me Loa's powers? Not familiar with this character.

She is dissolving everything she is phasing through?
    Basically, YES.

Loa had a decent role in Namor's book. She also had a supporting role in New X-Men and X-Men Legacy.

Ultimate Member

Going to guess that the whole Krakoa thing will blow up in everybody's faces and then the next few years will be dealing with the aftermath...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Going to guess that the whole Krakoa thing will blow up in everybody's faces and then the next few years will be dealing with the aftermath...
    Keep up dude-person...You're about a year and some too late with that "prediction". It's been debated here in these threads multiple times already, in multiple threads since HoX/PoX ended.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Loa also tends to freak out in fights and to murder people (according to Deadpool)

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I predict it will start out as a splinter/split in the church, but evolve into something entirely new. Maybe more will start popping up after.

Some more from the writer here, he seems very happy to be playing in the Hickman sandbox.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...eries-way-of-x

"And there’s something else. For decades the mutants of the Marvel Universe have allowed storytellers to speak to the ugly outcomes of Othering: of race, of class, of gender, of sexuality. I used it myself to explore mental illness, in X-MEN LEGACY. It seemed to go down pretty well, to my great surprise, and I still feel like that's some of the most valuable work I've ever done. I’ve been itching to return to my favourite characters and to change the wavelength of the metaphor...
    "That’s WAY OF X. It’s a story about how mutants live. Not just as people, but as a People. It’s mischievous and sarcastic and a looong way from being holy. It’s a book about ethics and culture and growing fungus out of your own brain. It’s a book about rituals and thrills, sexy times and casual death. Above all it’s about Shared Ideas, in all their terrible beauty, and what they can do to the minds, hearts, and souls of the communities adrift on their tides.

Mighty Member

Maybe I don’t get his work, but I wasn’t a fan of either his X-force or X-men Legacy (stopped reading after 9) run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Fan favorite Dr Nemesis??!?
    I'm a fan and I love him!!