Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Will the heroes react when Nick Fury Sr returns?

Will they welcome him back into the fold or will they still harbor contempt towards him due to the events of Original sin?

They'll chuckle to themselves, when they realise that he's now the Herald of Uatu the Watcher! Considering what he did to Uatu, there's bound to be heroes laughing at him... until he tells them "A reckoning is coming", of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think everyone is ready to put Original Sin behind them .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Thor definitely needs to have some "words" with the man.

Like how did you know and why would you do that to a leading powerhouse of the Avengers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Will they welcome him back into the fold or will they still harbor contempt towards him due to the events of Original sin?
    I have not heard yet, is he coming back?!

If so which issues said, I like to know.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

He came back in Fantastic Four a few months ago. But the heroes don't know it yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Thor definitely needs to have some "words" with the man.

Like how did you know and why would you do that to a leading powerhouse of the Avengers
    I think Thor owes him a smack with the hammer...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Thor owes him a smack with the hammer...
    LOL, "I say to thee Gorr was right my ass!"

Honestly I expect a line like we will talk about this later and then move on to the current story.

I hadn’t realized he was back either, actually really happy to hear that!

Personally I’d rather they largely ignore Original Sin at first and just focus on what a cool character he is, then when him being back is a little more established they can do a story that reconciles some of the grimdark Watcher-killing, space peeper aspects of Original Sin.

Incredible Member

I hated Original Sin because Nick Fury was a favorite of mine during the sixties and seventies. A cool super spy fighting the likes of Hydra and A.I.M., until someone thought it was a good idea to have him start killing living planets and Watchers. Dumbest thing I've ever read.

Fantastic Member

Perhaps they can forget it easier due to Secret Wars happening between Original Sin and now? Seems that SW has been largely forgotten about, which is a shame.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Not a fan of Nick Fury. Not a fan of Original Sin. Not really a fan of Uatu taking an active role in a future event. Leave the Earthlings to their own devices. They've survived bigger threats to the multiverse without his direct input. He has a wife that he hasn't seen in ages and an infant child to raise. Both think he's still dead. Go be a husband and a dad. Let Nick figure out for himself where he fits in current Marvel lore -- not that they need him at all.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not a fan of Nick Fury. Not a fan of Original Sin. Not really a fan of Uatu taking an active role in a future event. Leave the Earthlings to their own devices. They've survived bigger threats to the multiverse without his direct input. He has a wife that he hasn't seen in ages and an infant child to raise. Both think he's still dead. Go be a husband and a dad. Let Nick figure out for himself where he fits in current Marvel lore -- not that they need him at all.
    He is watching them from a distance I think that is enough for any Watcher.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He is watching them from a distance I think that is enough for any Watcher.
    Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if Uatu's decision to actively involve himself in human events doesn't lead to the death of his wife and child. Maybe even at Fury's hands.