Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Red X Appreciation Thread 2021

We may have no idea who this person is, but he/she/they is apparently going to play a part in the Teen Titans Academy and potentially the DC universe depending on how far he/she/they go in the dc universe after making their (masked) apperance. Whether it is the Future State or the Infinite Frontier let us wait and see who this is and what they are capable of.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

LOVE Red X from Teen Titans: The Animated Series!

Looking forward to what DC has planned for the comic book version.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-08-2021 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I'm already getting annoyed when someone draws him improperly with the big collar. RED X = No Collar! It'd be weird if there were an in-story explanation for that one change he makes to his costume. (Maybe he's the one character who realizes it compromises his peripheral vision?) Otherwise, I'm going to assume it's artist error...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-08-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm already getting annoyed when someone draws him improperly with the big collar. RED X = No Collar! It'd be weird if there were an in-story explanation for that one change he makes to his costume. (Maybe he's the one character who realizes it compromises his peripheral vision?) Otherwise, I'm going to assume it's artist error...
    I know, right?! I mean, it's tough enough wearing a cape. But then to attach that collar can be overkill, IMHO!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-08-2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

If/when Red X's identity is revealed I really hope it's an important character. A ton of fans of the show (myself included) will be disappointed if it's a new character or someone whose reveal won't make a big impact. We've been waiting 8 years for him to debut in the comics. Hopefully DC doesn't blow it.

A popular theory is that it's Bao Pham - Clown Hunter. I guess he would fit but it's not a reveal that would generate any buzz.

Red X and Nightstroke(?) from Future State on sale next week!

unpopular opinion: I like the collar. it makes his costume more reminiscent of Golden Bat to me, I dig it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

So about Rex X:

spoilers:
    Red X was Dick's identity what one point, maybe like in the cartoon? And someone assumed the persona inspired by Dick cause something happened. It looks like he go to Titans Academy and then became Red X.
    end of spoilers

Also, doesn't looks like it's Bao.

Astonishing Member

If they wouldn't show them as two different characters in Infinity Frontier, Damian really would be the most obvious answer.
    And it doesn't seem like it's Bao, since it's implied that he's some kind of tactical genius, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So about Rex X:

spoilers:
    Red X was Dick's identity what one point, maybe like in the cartoon? And someone assumed the persona inspired by Dick cause something happened. It looks like he go to Titans Academy and then became Red X.
    end of spoilers

Also, doesn't looks like it's Bao.
    spoilers:
    Not only that but it appears that they put on the mask in the present day so that means whoever is Red X in Future State will probably be along soon in the coming months in the present. I would assume that we are also going to get from Sheridan a Flashback issue explaining the Red X retcon.

All we know for now is that it’s some dude inspired by Dick Grayson because of what it “truly meant”.....whatever that means.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, having read the issue its sounds a lot like spoilers:
    Damian to me- except that he called Dick "Dick" instead of "Richard."
    end of spoilers
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah, having read the issue its sounds a lot like spoilers:
    Damian to me- except that he called Dick "Dick" instead of "Richard."
    end of spoilers
    He also:

spoilers:
    called Raven "Miss Raven". That doesn't sound like Damian at all.
    end of spoilers

They don't really give us any real clues as to who Red X is. I think we kinda see his hair is black, but that's not really narrowing it down because there are a million and one black hair men and boys in the DC universe. I'm sticking with my two initial picks (Damian and Bao) because they don't really give us anything else to work with or anything that directly rules them out. well, his way of addressing the others feels too off to be Damian, but he was my initial pick and i wanna believe. however, after burning through this (i was not trying to live in this book longer than I needed to be), i will backtrack and say that these are my picks if Red X is a character that is already around. I would've thought they'd give more clues if he was someone we knew, so it very well could just be one of the 3-4 new black-haired boys in the Titan Academy. I'm not gonna hold you, that would be a little annoying because that's not a mystery, that's just just withholding information in an attempt to lazily play off the mysterious nature of him in the show. at that point just make it a clone or something, that would be more interesting imo.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-12-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

spoilers:
    Given that Nightwing was at one point Red X, I'm actually thinking that the answer to "Who is Red X" will be Dick Grayson for the first arc of Titans Academy.
    end of spoilers
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    spoilers:
    Given that Nightwing was at one point Red X, I'm actually thinking that the answer to "Who is Red X" will be Dick Grayson for the first arc of Titans Academy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    while that could be interesting to see, I think they're hitting the student angle too hard to make Dick Red X; i figure they're just gonna retcon his time as Red X between his time as Robin and becoming Nightwing. although, i would like to see what was Dick's mission and "meaning" behind Red X play out, so i wouldn't mind being wrong about that
    end of spoilers

currently following: