Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Red X is Brick Pettirosso.
    It really looks like it's him, but i hope it's not. It would not be really a mystery, since it looks pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-25-2021 at 05:43 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It really looks like it's him, but i hope not. It would not be really a mystery, since it looks pretty obvious.
    For it to even be Brick he'd have to have used a hologram on the ferry. So, I think it'll be a fakeout red herring first, then it'll actually turn out to be Brick.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well please let us know if your theory is right or not at some point, I would be interested in hearing it some day.
    I actually went back and read Titans Future State after Titans Academy #1 and realized my theory was 100% wrong LOL I misread a panel that straight up disqualified my candidate I'm officially all out of theories, unless DC zags and makes it Bao out the blue.

based on Future State I don't think it's brick, but I'm like 3/3 for bad Red X theories so that almost guarantees it's gonna be Brick.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I actually went back and read Titans Future State after Titans Academy #1 and realized my theory was 100% wrong LOL I misread a panel that straight up disqualified my candidate I'm officially all out of theories, unless DC zags and makes it Bao out the blue.

based on Future State I don't think it's brick, but I'm like 3/3 for bad Red X theories so that almost guarantees it's gonna be Brick.
    Actually, Future State even more so makes it seem as if it's Brick.

From what we know that Nightwing said, Red X was explicitly part of the group of students that hacked Miguel Montez's H-Dial. And out of those students:

Megabat (Lucas LaPorte) has a gravestone, Miguel Montez dies in front of Red X, Stitch is non-binary and goes by they/them and Nightwing and the others explicitly refer to Red X as a "he", Matt Price is shown to be War of the Four Riders of the Apocalypse and has a gravestone, Dane is shown to be on a gravestone, Summer Zahid is shown to be Death of the Four Riders of the Apocalypse and has a gravestone, Alinta is in the Suicide Squad as Bolt/The Flash, Totally Tubular is part of the Titans who confront Red X, Bratgirl is part of the Titans who confront Red X, Chupacabra is part of the Titans who confront Red X, Gorilla Gregg is part of the Titans who confront Red X.

And, more specifically: Dane, Matt Price, and Lucas LaPorte are all shown as part of the dead Titan spirits that Red X summons.

As for Brick Pettirosso: He's shown to be part of the group of students who hacked the H-Dial. He doesn't have a gravestone. He doesn't show up as a dead Titan spirit. His hair matches up with Red X if you account for the shadows darkening it, and it actually is fully shown to be red just like Brick in one panel. Nightwing mentions that Red X was the only one who noticed the host of the Four Riders of the Apocalypse, and in Teen Titans Academy #1 Brick is shown to be the only person to take suspenseful interest in Dane.

All-New Member

2005858_xl.jpg
    Yearbook variant
    Last edited by Untitled; 08-22-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Red X is Brick Pettirosso.
    Or his twin brother .

Quote Originally Posted by Untitled View Post
    I accidentally deleted my post but here are some things to note that showcase the high probability that Brick is Red X

1) One of the students of the first class is confirmed to possibly be the antichrist in book one of TTA. (Specifically Dane)
    2) There is leaked digital art of Billy Batson and Dane with a demon opening a stanchion that's most likely related to a Shazam book or TTA. Tim Sheridan did tease that Dane might show up somewhere else. (I highly doubt its related to the TTA yearbook or the next couple of issues given the artist)
    3) Red X is said to have a bond with the host who brought the 4 riders to earth in Future State and we know Dane is the pupil of Raven (he even displays his powers in some of the digital art)
    4) In TTA, Brick gives Dane an annoyed look when Nightwing says to fall in. (its subtle but it feels like foreshadowing)

With all that being said, Im guessing Brick and Dane have or will have a friendship in TTA. The Red X on the last page of the first issue could be a bluff perhaps part of scheme coordinated by Dane and/or Brick to remove suspicion. As for that scene in Infinite Frontier, it's possible that Dane shapeshifted into Brick in order to buy time so that Brick can hack the tower's simulator room (maybe that's why Red X had the gloves on and pulled the mask out of his backpack). Those are my two cents.
    .....any idea where we can see this leaked art of Shazam?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

ClaytonHenryArt on Instagram and Twitter is where you will find the art.

That “I’m busted look”

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Okay so we get the origin of the current Red X but of course DC has managed to still hide who it is through clever tricks/sad backstory. It will all make sense if you read the spoiler box talking about his Yearbook story but read at own risk, you have been warned of spoilers.

spoilers:
    So X's backstory is sort of rough, see apparently the young boy who cannot be identified because they shaved his head for "lice" ie we aren't going to find out by hair color that easy who red x is (though he has tannish skin and brown eyes), is being held with a bunch of orphans. Apparently a crooked social service agent is giving kids to agents of Black Mask who will raise the kids as Black Mask's own personal army. But the Red X before the current one, I guess the one who immediately came after Dick Grayson, busts in frees the kids and murders the adults holding them hostage. But the boy doesn't run and he gets to speak with Red X, about what the Red X means and how Red X has taken Dick's fake mission and made it real.

So basically, whoever the new Red X is basically as a kid was saved by a previous Red X and I guess grew up idolizing him and is now him. Maybe this means the previous Red X took the kid in and trained him? It's not immediately clear as it cuts away but this is the official Red X backstory that we have for now.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Okay so we get the origin of the current Red X but of course DC has managed to still hide who it is through clever tricks/sad backstory. It will all make sense if you read the spoiler box talking about his Yearbook story but read at own risk, you have been warned of spoilers.

spoilers:
    So X's backstory is sort of rough, see apparently the young boy who cannot be identified because they shaved his head for "lice" ie we aren't going to find out by hair color that easy who red x is (though he has tannish skin and brown eyes), is being held with a bunch of orphans. Apparently a crooked social service agent is giving kids to agents of Black Mask who will raise the kids as Black Mask's own personal army. But the Red X before the current one, I guess the one who immediately came after Dick Grayson, busts in frees the kids and murders the adults holding them hostage. But the boy doesn't run and he gets to speak with Red X, about what the Red X means and how Red X has taken Dick's fake mission and made it real.

So basically, whoever the new Red X is basically as a kid was saved by a previous Red X and I guess grew up idolizing him and is now him. Maybe this means the previous Red X took the kid in and trained him? It's not immediately clear as it cuts away but this is the official Red X backstory that we have for now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Current Red X is the third one after Dick, so they had one more after that one in the flashback.
    end of spoilers
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I think it could be Brick's roommate M.Radley. He was too friendly with the Batpack. Brick could either be an ally or a patsy.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think it could be Brick's roommate M.Radley. He was too friendly with the Batpack. Brick could either be an ally or a patsy.
    I feel Brick is a red herring (hence his hair color and the allusions to hair being a clue) but this M. Radley person could make sense. they were moving kinda sus, and they do appear to be slightly on the tanner side (but the art style in issue #4 makes it hard to tell if that was intentional or not). his hair is also interesting, it's a dark brown, the same color Red X's appeared to be in some panels in Future State. however, I don't think we've seen him prior to #4, so it may not be him simply because it would be make the mystery a little weaker if the identity isn't one of the students we've been focusing on from the beginning.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-29-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So, Red X number 2 was Jason. Fits his MO.
    end of spoilers