Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good choice! NNB is an absolutely charming slice of life show which I've watched myself, and you just can't help but smile at the rampant cuteness of Renge. By the by, a THIRD season of the show is underway on Crunchyroll.
    Renge is an infectiously adorable little scamp. I'm particularly delighted by her relationship with Candy Store.

I've been watching the series on Crunchyroll, working my way through it. I'm about halfway through season 2 now and am looking forward to the third season.

Just watched Yasuke on Netflix. It's American produced Anime, in English. I really enjoyed it. 6 episodes with a complete story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Can we talk about Demon Slayer Mugen Train. I thought it was very good for what was more or less an extended episode of the show. For me it doesn't compare to movies by Miyazaki or Sinkai, but well done none the less. One thing though;
    spoilers:
    I was very disappointing that Rengoku did not kill the upper rank Demon. He sacrificed his own life to do so, and it seemed he would if Inosuke hadn't interfered. It made the final battle pointless for me.
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just watched Yasuke on Netflix. It's American produced Anime, in English. I really enjoyed it. 6 episodes with a complete story.
    It has an American director but the studio that produced it is Japanese.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It has an American director but the studio that produced it is Japanese.
    Th4e animation produced in Japan, but all American creative cast. A good blend of both.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Th4e animation produced in Japan, but all American creative cast. A good blend of both.
    Definitely a blend but the creative cast is not all American. MAPPA hires non-Japanese creatives a lot though.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Definitely a blend but the creative cast is not all American. MAPPA hires non-Japanese creatives a lot though.
    More blended than I thought. Cool.

I like it, except for the whole having robots thing.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Okay! Last one of these!
    Theme: Flawed Romance

Osamake: Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Doesn't Lose- Suehara Mara is a regular high school boy who has a crush on his classmate Shirokusa Kachi. However, when he confesses his feelings, Shirokusa turns him down. Suehara being brokenhearted, his childhood friend (who had confessed her own feelings to Suehara and been shut down) Kuroha Shida offers to help him get revenge. And that's just the beginning. Osamake is by-and-large a parody of shonen harem romcoms. While it might not be clear at first, it becomes especially clear when you start to notice that Suehara isn't really that nice a guy. He's kind of dumb and self-centered and he'll even hide behind one of the girls that likes him if one of the others is angry with him. It may sound bad, but his flaws are a feature clearly meant for the purpose of comedy rather than a bug. Probably the most interesting thing though, is that they tell you the ending in the title and then subvert it right away. First, by providing a quirk in Suehara's back story that means that technically all the girls who are after him could qualify as his "childhood friend" and in one line of dialogue pointing out that just because someone doesn't lose doesn't mean that they win. Not the best series this season, but I'll watch a little longer.

Don't Toy With Me, Ms. Nagatoro- Naoto Hachioji is a meek artist and seemingly sole member of the school art club who just tries to get by with the minimum amount of trouble until he and his art accidentally end up in the sights of Hayase Nagatoro. From that moment on, Nagatoro seemingly goes out of her way to tease her introverted senpai. However, on occasion something about Nagatoro's attitude suggests that her feelings for Senpai might run a bit counter to her actions. I'm not going to lie, I watched this one because I've been reading the manga and wanted to see how it got translated. This one has stirred up a bit of controversy/talk about the subjects of teasing and bullying. I could see how this one might be a tough sell, too. You pretty much have to invest in those brief moments where Nagatoro's affection for Hachioji are suggested in order to deal with her relentless teasing. Still, a decent translation to animation.

Spectacular Member Nightstar1441's Avatar

Those two are on my watch list at some point but honestly I am excited that Eminence of Shadow and Shikamori is more than Just Cute are getting adaptations
    Never Surrender!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Don't Toy With Me, Ms. Nagatoro- Naoto Hachioji is a meek artist and seemingly sole member of the school art club who just tries to get by with the minimum amount of trouble until he and his art accidentally end up in the sights of Hayase Nagatoro. From that moment on, Nagatoro seemingly goes out of her way to tease her introverted senpai. However, on occasion something about Nagatoro's attitude suggests that her feelings for Senpai might run a bit counter to her actions. I'm not going to lie, I watched this one because I've been reading the manga and wanted to see how it got translated. This one has stirred up a bit of controversy/talk about the subjects of teasing and bullying. I could see how this one might be a tough sell, too. You pretty much have to invest in those brief moments where Nagatoro's affection for Hachioji are suggested in order to deal with her relentless teasing. Still, a decent translation to animation.
    I've watched a couple of trailers and clips, and it seemed to me at first glance that Nagatoro was a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Still, I find myself curious about the show and might give it a watch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've watched a couple of trailers and clips, and it seemed to me at first glance that Nagatoro was a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Still, I find myself curious about the show and might give it a watch.
    Honestly, just thanks for acknowledging one of the things I wrote in this thread. I had wanted to review the anime I had started watching this season but felt like no one ever read the things I wrote when I wrote them on my blog.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Honestly, just thanks for acknowledging one of the things I wrote in this thread. I had wanted to review the anime I had started watching this season but felt like no one ever read the things I wrote when I wrote them on my blog.
    I watched the first two episodes last night. Man, Nagatoro is a real piece of work, a combination of playful and playfully sadistic towards poor Hachioji, still, I did find the show amusing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Oh that’s interesting. Hope it pans out well.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.