Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Okay here's a question, what old anime do you wish that they would do over again and use the art from which anime to do it...basically the same style of art is what I meant...

Like redo the Sailor Moon series but use the artists from the early Fairy Tale seasons or something along those lines...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 02-11-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Believe it or not, I still love Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu Yu still is great!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Okay here's a question, what old anime do you wish that they would do over again and use the art from which anime to do it...basically the same style of art is what I meant...

Like redo the Sailor Moon series but use the artists from the early Fairy Tale seasons or something along those lines...
    Don't know about another art style because Takehiko Inoue art is awesome, but i would love a proper remake of Slam Dunk from the beginning to the end of the manga that was cut in the original, and kinda outdated, anime. But keeping the original voice actors.

Hopefully the new movie that was announced is a door for this remake.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I would re-do Air Gear (but this time do the full series) and I would do it with either God of High School's art style or something along the lines of the art for the Jujutsu Kaisen trailers; something that captures bodily motions and fantastical urban aesthetics really well.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Believe it or not, I still love Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu Yu is an undeniable classic, why would we not believe?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-14-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Yu Yu is an undeniable classic, why would we not believe?
    Thanks, lemonpeace. It really means a lot (T^T)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would re-do Air Gear (but this time do the full series) and I would do it with either God of High School's art style or something along the lines of the art for the Jujutsu Kaisen trailers, something that captures bodily motions and fantastical urban aesthetics really well.
    Great choice. I also would very much like to see Air Gear done properly...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-13-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'm actually really hoping for some expansion on the last few parts of the final battles up in the palace, because we know that stuff got rushed out from Kubo wanting to end the series for health reasons, but there were all kinds of ideas on paper that I want to see incorporated into the conclusion.
    I think that's the main thing I want from the series. Don't necessarily change too much of the story, just expand it in places, especially the finale so that more characters can be involved in taking down Yhwach.

- Explain what Unohana's bankai actually does.
    - Show more of certain fight scenes (Bazz-B vs. Renji and Rukia, Uryuu vs. Haschwald etc.)
    - ...maybe give us even more IchiHime goodness.

Just expand things to fill in some gaps in the delightful mess that was the last arc.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Demon Slayer season 2 trailer
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Just finished Gundam Build fighters. Pretty good, and had a lot of fun cameos and some of the 'feel' of a Gundam series, minus most of the angst.

Although that ending was a bit "Poochie" so to speak...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Damn! The latest episode of Re:Zero is insane.

So many questions are answered but so many news ones popped up as well. And the new villain is hilariously OP in a way I've always wanted to see in a villain.

Also, we're six episodes into the second cour of the season and they're only just now showing the new opening. Apparently they realized that it would've spoiled too much otherwise, and it's just nice of an anime team to acknowledge that for once.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 02-17-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Why feel the need to hype up one author by dumping, ever so slightly, on another?

It takes a **** ton of work just to get a series off the ground and then to have it run as long and be such a massive success as Naruto (and Naruto was/is bigger than YYH and HxH) is a once in a lifetime achivement for a small handful of people.

And if you want to equate number of series with success then Ken Akamatsu and Hiro Mashima have them both beaten (both have two or more finished series that are considered staples of anime and are currently producing more on a regular basis).

My point is, yes Kishimoto's Samurai 8 wasn't able to replicate the success of Naruto due to various issues with the storytelling (which is sad cause I thought it was fun). But that doesn't mean that Togashi is necessarily a better author. The manga industry is harsh at best, and WSJ have pretty insane demands of new series. Things just didn't line up for Kishimoto this time.
    I don't see the need for people to bash authors either. Every anime/manga has its fans. People need to just enjoy what they like and let others enjoy what they like. In saying that, HxH is a great series and should be checked out at least once. I love YYH and regard it as a classic. However HxH is Togashi taking everything that worked from YYH and molding it into a masterpiece. The only downside is that I do not see a end in sight for it. Not even sure if it will get finished (I hope it does).

I think Kishimoto put all his best ideas into Naruto. As you said, making a successful manga takes a ton of work and to even have one to the level of Naruto is pretty rare. Kishimoto does have issues with storytelling (something that became readily apparent in the second half of Naruto), but his characters were fun enough and compelling enough to over come those issues. A similar thing happened with Tite Kubo with Bleach. Out of all the shonen stuff, I think Oda is the most balanced creator.

Kishimoto originally wanted to do a samurai manga in the late 90s. However Rurouni Kenshin was still running and had that market cornered. So he wisely switched to ninja and the rest is history.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 02-18-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Madhouse adapting the last few chapters of Yu Yu Hakusho. I know it was done as a film, but surely they can expand on it and make it a 12 or 13 episode series.

Fist Of The North Star. Not sure which studio would be the best to do it. I'd like to see the full manga adapted (pretty sure the classic one ended after doing 5 arcs and missed doing the last 2).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Demon Slayer season 2 trailer
    Hell YES! I can't wait!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Madhouse adapting the last few chapters of Yu Yu Hakusho. I know it was done as a film, but surely they can expand on it and make it a 12 or 13 episode series.
    It was done in a OVA. They made one for Hiei and Kurama meeting each other and one for that final mission in the spiritual world.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

My next life as a villainess season two trailer
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

So to go kind of *very* "old school" for a moment, anybody know what's with all the Mcdonalds stuff in Megazone 23 (one of the earliest OAVs)? While a lot of anime features parodies or "off-brand" Mcdonalds (Macdaniels, Modonalds, Wcdonalds etc) the OAV seems to almost have product placement. Is it possible that Mcdonalds Japan branch actually was a sponsor of some kind? I'm thinking such things aren't unheard of; much has been made of Dominos Miko app promotion for instance, and of course Mcdonalds is doing a Pokemon thing now, but I'm not sure if these things reached that far back.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It was done in a OVA. They made one for Hiei and Kurama meeting each other and one for that final mission in the spiritual world.
    Yeah, I know. But they could surely flesh it out and do a longer version. Yu yu hakusho is my favourite manga/anime and has been for 20 years. So I would welcome any and all returns to that world.