Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1187

Especially stinks because at least Macross got a US DVD release with ADV, although it seems they didn't really restore it from what I've seen.

Macross DYRL only had the VHS American release with the awful International dub and heavy edits, Clash of the Bionoids.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ep 4. Note roku channel has picked up the mcdonalds anime! It's now streaming as an official anime!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Personal feuds and stupid judges strike from the past yet again.
    Considering how the fanbase of Robotech seems to become increasingly older, with many younger US american anime fans more likely to have been aware and interested in Macross proper and potentialy even developing a grudge against Harmony Gold over the release dispute (which did not seem to have stopped internet fan communities from watching and discussing sequel shows like 7, Frontier and Delta), one might wonder how much longer they will hold onto the IP one way or another, even with the agreement between them, Nue Studios and Big West?

After all there can't be that much profit in the Robotech IP anymore.

Especially since attempts to produce original homebrewn continuations have failed multiple times over the past decades (unlike Voltron).

They can't recut any of the Macross sequels, not only because of how these have developed into quite different art directions, but also because of the above mentioned anime viewership and fan communities being much more aware of such things nowdays. Which would also make it more difficult to convincingly recut other animes for new material.

Meanwhile Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross did not get any sequel shows, same goes for Genesis Climber Mospeada, with HG allready using up the Love Live Alive OVA in 2013. So they cant lift new material for these parts of the Robotech universe anymore either way.

So all they have are a few comics, novelizations and video games, but nothing truely new since the original release of the show and it's constant re-releases. In particular they don't have any new toys.

The show still has it's following and popularity, there is no denying that, but it's an aging legacy and success. Eventualy they might decide or be forced to sell the IP.

Perhaps the life action project will be the deciding factor on that.

At least the Battletech IP finaly got free of the whole feud over images of certain Macross mechs, after Harmony Gold tried to sue a video game developer over allegdly using mech designs they had the rights to because of Macross in their 2018 Battletech game.

Which included claims to mech designs they didn't even had any rights to in first place because one was from the anime Crusher Joe and the other a completely original creation for Battletech.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-18-2024 at 06:17 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Even after having watched anime regularly since 1999, it remains as fun and exciting as ever has, and that's because of a multi-step system I have and follow religiously. Here's the steps:

Step 1: I only watch anime twice a week, never more than that, and never on weekends as I have other viewing interests then and during the week that take up my time. They are, in descending order:

---sports
    ---documentary shows (i.e., Ancient Aliens, To Catch A Smuggler, History's Greatest Mysteries, Texas Metal, Iron Resurrection)
    ---scripted dramas
    ---movies

Step 2: I never binge just one show during a watch session, that gets old fast. I prefer to nibble (1 to 3 episodes max) on different shows. At best, I rarely watch more than four or five shows a night

Step 3: I vary the genres I watch during a session, that helps keep things fresh. Case in point, the other night, I went from mecha (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury) to action/adventure (Tesla Note) to to comedy (Bocchi The Rock!) to fantasy (She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man). That makes things interesting

Step 4: I don't discriminate between subbed and dubbed shows. I watch what's presented to me since I don't prefer one language track over the other. Short and sweet, I like both!

Perhaps I’m being anal, but, that's how I roll when it comes to watching anime, and I hope to keep that roll going for many years to come!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-20-2024 at 03:28 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There's new trailers out for Requiem for Vengeance and Silver Phantom, two Gundam CG films.

RFV will be on Netflix and seems to be going for 'realistic' CG, while Silver Phantom is a VR experience with more anime-ish designs.

With RFV (Set during the One Year War) It's also been clarified that the new Gundam is called an EX, basically a ground-type model but designed for reconnaissance. Also the Zaku Tank (A Zaku melded to a "Magella" tank instead of legs) and what appear to be Gouf customs (or their similarly designed Flight types) appear in the trailer.

Silver Phantom takes place in UC 0096. Some fans have noted the Gundam seems to be a variant of the REGZ, which are mass-produced Zeta Gundams but with their transformations heavily simplified.

I remember liking xxxholic and Tsubasa reservoir chronicles so I'll check it out.

Ultimate Member

Netflix is getting Overlord and the hero academia anime in April with I think one more named one so it's finally getting more anime that they didn't make themselves, thankfully. Forgot to add Black Clover is coming later as well.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 03-24-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Finished watching Space Dandy.

While there's a few episodes that pretty much just straight up sci-fi/anime parody or a goofier Cowboy Bebop I liked how every other episode experimented with different animation styles/themes-the Plant civilization episode, for example, or the episode near the end where Dandy's in some kind of surreal afterlife.

After a lot of kits focusing on newer Gundam media-the Build fighters stuff, Hathaway, Seed Freedom Witch from Mercury, Doan's Island, way too much P-Bandai and wrapping up the Gundam Wing main Gundams, Bandai is making some kits from Z and ZZ again.

The somewhat Bear-like Bolinoak Sammahn, one of Paptimus's mobile suit series.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...-planning.html

Psycho Gundam Mark II, which shows up in Z but reappears in ZZ.

I can't quite find links to the the others but there seems to be an (unfortunately P-Bandai) AOZ version of the Hizack and a Ple which might be one of the buildable figure models (Figure-rise standard).

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...-planning.html

Kind of wonder why there hasn't been a new Rick Dias. There hasn't been an HG scale kit in nearly 25 years, but it's a pretty prominent suit in the first half of the show (Before the show mainly switches to a team of the Gundams, Shiki and Methuss).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-27-2024 at 10:30 AM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So there's dates for Spy X Family & Gundam Seed Freedom western releases but no City Hunter Angel Dust yet

Crunchyroll now has the entire original Uresei Yatsura series.

Conans 27th movie is coming to america and netflix picked up the Halloween bride movie!

Detective conan show is now 30 years old! And still in grade school 30 years later.

Last edited by Gaastra; 03-29-2024 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Crunchyroll now has the entire original Uresei Yatsura series.
    Remarkable. Although, it doesn't seem that any of them have been dubbed...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-29-2024 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."