Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You forgot Sailor Moon Crystal, but yeah, remaking shows that slavishly follow the original manga seems to be all the rage these days.
    Now we just need them to redo Elfen Lied, Chrono Crusade, His & Her Circumstances.

^^^OMG! I'd be interested in a reboot of His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano).

Hopefully, they'll be able to bring back the OG voice cast (both English & Japanese):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-20-2022 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^OMG! I'd be interested in a reboot of His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano).

Hopefully, they'll be able to bring back the OG voice cast (both English & Japanese):

It would qualify because the manga ran another 6 or 7 years after the anime series concluded. The anime only covered the first 6 volumes.

Not sure if a reboot anime would capture the feel of the original as that is all Hideaki Anno. But damn it if I wouldn't be interested in seeing a faithful and complete adaptation of the entire story. It's one of the best Shôujo ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It would qualify because the manga ran another 6 or 7 years after the anime series concluded. The anime only covered the first 6 volumes.

Not sure if a reboot anime would capture the feel of the original as that is all Hideaki Anno. But damn it if I wouldn't be interested in seeing a faithful and complete adaptation of the entire story. It's one of the best Shôujo ever.
    Being unable to get Anno back would be a huge loss, especially if they're able to acquire a sustainable budget.
    Along with creative differences, I can completely understand why it would be difficult.

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-20-2022 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Finished G Gundam. Kind of fairly unique in Gundam in that it has an ending that's pretty much pure 'happy ending', while other Gundams have tragic finales, and often even the more optimistic ones are bittersweet at times.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Finished G Gundam. Kind of fairly unique in Gundam in that it has an ending that's pretty much pure 'happy ending', while other Gundams have tragic finales, and often even the more optimistic ones are bittersweet at times.
    Understatement of the year, but I totally agree. Definitely a product of the '90s, and that's why I'll always LOVE it (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-21-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Think it probably has the most easter eggs of any Gundam, especially when all the Gundams team up at the end, you can clearly see the original Gundam, the Zeta, the GP-series etc. in several of the shots.

Devil Gundam's colony form kind of reminds me of the final forms from many Japanese RPGs, mainly Final Fantasy.

ZZ Gundam is now on crunchyroll. A bit odd since the original Z hasn't been moved from Funimation yet.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was looking for something silly and goofy to watch and Heroines Run The Show on Crunchyroll filled the prescription. Hiyori Suzumi comes from the sticks to a Tokyo high school to pursue her passion for track and field, only to find herself becoming the manager-in-training of LipXLip, an idol unit at her school consisting of two pretty boys who charm everyone on camera but bicker off camera. This show looks promising.

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-01-2022 at 06:51 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Jim henson is bringing totoro to life in a Broadway show. That came out of nowhere.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/my-neig...ny-1235052702/

Extraordinary Member

This looks so good. I'm really excited for Bleach's return.

So it's now been confirmed we're (US that is) finally getting ALL the Macross sequel TV shows-7, Frontier and Delta

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So it's now been confirmed we're (US that is) finally getting ALL the Macross sequel TV shows-7, Frontier and Delta
    Sounds wonderful. Though, I'm still patiently awaiting the U.S. release for the fully-restored version of...

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross - The Movie: Do You Remember Love?
    (1984)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-03-2022 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering where that is. Especially since the Macross Plus and Frontier movies are getting released. Kind of curious if it'll include the infamous international dub as a sound option.

Kazuki Takahashi (R.I.P.)