Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile Sailor Moon Eternal Premiere!

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal The Movie Parts 1 & 2 Just Premiered on NetFlixs Today!

I knew I was in for an Amazing Movie but Honestly I cannot Overstate Enought how Blown Away I was by the Levels of Care, Production Value, Value in the Characters Development and Sailor Moon Manga Lore they put into the Eternal Movies!

Concepts and Characters we have been dreaming to see in Anime form for Decades now Made into ther long Awaited Anime Forms was a thrill of wait and love that was well worth it.

Most of all the story felt well pace and the timing for the story pacing was amazingly done, I felt the movie was bending time serously! When I felt I had watch 40 mins of the movie it was only 20 that had pace, the level of details and how the story brings you into it is amazing level of anime enchantment that brings me back to my kids loving days of Sailor Moon on TV!

I cannot recommend these 2 Movies Highly Enought!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Is dragon blood anime?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Is dragon blood anime?
    I suppose it can. I'm three episodes in and it's been interesting so far.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suppose it can. I'm three episodes in and it's been interesting so far.
    I really liked it I hope book 2 is longer than 8 eps...

Finished Gundam Build Fighters Try. Didn't exactly have the best story compared to the first series, and the other two fighters sort of just serve as backup for the main character (Sekai) to finish the matches.

It's kind of funny that it's sort of unapologetically a huge model commercial-the last episode alone introduces a bunch of new Gunpla (Which of course got "real" Gunpla), including an "MS girl" version of the main female character.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Stand by me doraemon 2 is about to hit $200m in china. It and detective conan are killing it overseas. America of course won't get these two in theatres. (ironic thing is the first stand by me is dubbed in english and WAS planned to get a theatre release till disney pulled a cartoon network with doraomon season 2 killing it in america with new episodes in summer at 10:30am after reruns of pac-man and no ads at all for the new episodes!)

Netflix will be streaming the original Gundam movies and Char's counterattack (Netflix is going to be carrying the eventual film adaptation and a few OAVs and TV shows so this isn't a big surprise).

First three movies are compilations which cut out some of the goofier elements of the TV series (although some character development and other good stuff is also lost, such as the struggles of Colony refugees) and add some new animation as well, including replacing the G-armor (Which is sort of a mixed tank/fighter which can dock with the Gundam's modular design, with the more realistic 'core booster' which gives the Core fighter-the Gundam's detachable cockpit-more speed and weaponry). Several of the space battles are cleaned up too, or brought up to 1982 standards.

Char's counterattack is the final battle between Amuro and Char, taking place over a dozen years after the TV series as Char takes control of a Zeon remnant and plans to use it to crash an asteroid to depopulate the Earth.

Z and ZZ (Which occasionally are streaming but are not at this point) take place in-between, and the first does have some important developments in the Amuro/Char relationship (Which are referenced a few times in CCA) but it isn't 100% needed to understand it.

Detective conan (case closed) darkest nightmare is getting a blu-ray release.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=4083

Astonishing Member

‘Lord of the Rings’ Anime Movie in the Works From New Line, Warner Animation Group

Twenty years after making its first journey into the lands created by J.R.R. Tolkien, New Line is returning to the worlds of The Lord of the Rings.

The Warner Bros. movie division, which made the Oscar-winning Rings trilogy and later adapted The Hobbit, has partnered with Warner Animation Group to produce an original anime set in Tolkien’s fantasy world, the companies announced Thursday.

Titled The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, the standalone feature will be directed by Kenji Kamiyama, an anime veteran who last directed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex TV series, and produced by Joseph Chou. The two have worked on some of the biggest anime franchises over the years including Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya, Ultraman, Appleseed, on top of Ghost in the Shell.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-10-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

It looks like Romero has a new friend; a live(?) cat. The legendary Tae Yamada had another cameo in episode 9 (photo in the window).

Gundam Hathaway has been added to Netflix's July titles.

Now if only somebody would stream Z...

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. They've done some big re-organization of events in the My Hero Academia anime compared to the manga.

Some people think it means that the anime is skipping one of the major arcs of the series, which is very silly.

They're probably doing it because of pacing, but I'm not sure if it'll be an improvement. Will have to wait and see.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started Shadows House (streaming on Funimation) Friday night, and man, is it ever WEIRD! Here's a description of the show from MyAnimeList:

The Shadows, characterized by their pitch-black appearance and tendency to emit soot when agitated, are a family of nobles who reside in a colossal manor deep within the mountains far from other humans. When a Shadow child is nearly of-age, they are assigned a Living Doll who acts not only as their attendant but also as their second half—the faces they could have had if not for their complexion.

Emilico is a cheerful, newly created Doll who serves a rather soft-spoken master named Kate. Despite their difference in personalities, Emilico does what she can to carry out the needs of her master. As she learns more about her role and duty, Emilico begins to meet her fellow Dolls and their respective masters and comes to know more about the purpose of her existence.

"Do not fret over trivial matters," says one of the rules to which all Dolls must abide. But how could the ever-curious Emilico do so in the face of the deep secrets that the Shadows House holds?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-13-2021 at 02:46 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Trailer for the upcoming third My Hero Academia movie.

It's looking good.